Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Having cold start up and fuel problems

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/13, 11:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recently ran down my gas to almost 1m. Got gas and had problems ever since. I got gas at wawa 3x in a row. The week of holiday i barely could get to work. Ran rough on idle. Took ten min to warm up and had hardly any gas pedal(throttle?). That wed it took 20m to warm up and still had no pedal. Looked at driver side ground on way to door and noticed water on the ground and thought hm ok. Went to dealer on following Monday in 08052 and they couldnt find anything wrong. Ran great all this week. Thought my problems were solved and i put dri gas in my tank. Not! It got cold here and rained yesterday and last nite. I started it this morning to clean and i wanted to move it close to my work area. Got the rough idle again. So i took the video but u can almost hear it.

2012 mustang gt, auto.

Last edited by ZipZap04; 12/7/13 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12/10/13, 09:44 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ZipZap04
I recently ran down my gas to almost 1m. Got gas and had problems ever since. I got gas at wawa 3x in a row. The week of holiday i barely could get to work. Ran rough on idle. Took ten min to warm up and had hardly any gas pedal(throttle?). That wed it took 20m to warm up and still had no pedal. Looked at driver side ground on way to door and noticed water on the ground and thought hm ok. Went to dealer on following Monday in 08052 and they couldnt find anything wrong. Ran great all this week. Thought my problems were solved and i put dri gas in my tank. Not! It got cold here and rained yesterday and last nite. I started it this morning to clean and i wanted to move it close to my work area. Got the rough idle again. So i took the video but u can almost hear it.

2012 mustang gt, auto.

FWIW, I would not continue to buy gas at the same place, even if it was known to be previously good in the past. Maybe for the next several fillups, fill with premium from busy, well traveled, mainstream stations- no no name's or mom and pop's. Also, never fill up at a gas station when they are unloading a truck/filling their own tanks. Since you ran the tank so low, there is a good chance you picked up some sediment or solid particulate from the bottom of the tank. At any rate in a non return fuel system, this is probably going to be a problem that doesn't solve itself unless, as you are saying, is only moisture/water related.
Old 12/12/13, 07:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Thank you. Ended up as u mentioned partly. I took it to dealer as i was a tad not happy. They fixed it. It was a bad throttle body. Replaced lines and body. I was a so close to call it in for a lemon. Works great. I hope i didnt take life off the car for this.
Old 12/13/13, 08:43 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ZipZap04
Thank you. Ended up as u mentioned partly. I took it to dealer as i was a tad not happy. They fixed it. It was a bad throttle body. Replaced lines and body. I was a so close to call it in for a lemon. Works great. I hope i didnt take life off the car for this.
Glad to learn this was taken care of for you, ZipZap04. Let me know if you need me.

Deysha