Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Front Suspension Groaning

Search this Thread

Old 5/15/13, 09:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
I understand where you’re coming from, RezGT. I would still like to get this documented, if you’d like.

Welcome to the forum, Plim! I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager of your area, as well. Please, make an appointment to have it checked out.

Then, both of you please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
I guess my issue not fixable huh?
Old 5/16/13, 07:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Did you give Ford one shot at fixing the front noise? Sounds like it. Maybe a different dealer would help if there is one nearby.

The reps on here cannot force a dealer to do anything. They can help get issues elevated to higher levels but sometimes that is even difficult depending on dealer input.

It always surprised me how many throw out the entire product line for one issue they have. Many Mustangs built.....how many have the same issue....unknown but we do bear about the bad ones more.....

In the end....you have to do what works for you.... Mine made noise for two days last summer....never had time to get to the dealer right away....noise stopped and has not returned.
Old 5/16/13, 08:54 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
This won't help. but Ford is not the only manufacturer with this LCA problem. We had the same issue on our 2009 VW Passat wagon. Both LCA's were replaced under warranty (TSB). It creaked like an old buckboard. If you decide to trade the car, make your decision and then go to the forums for that make and model. Look for problems, such as the LCA issue. I ended up trading the VW for a '13 Grand Cherokee. No creaks.
Old 5/16/13, 09:11 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Pony-Ride
I guess my issue not fixable huh?
I understand your frustration, Pony-Ride. From the info I have, you had the case closed Last Friday. Would you like me to reopen it, so you can continue to work with them? If so, PM me.

Deysha
Old 5/16/13, 11:48 AM
V6 Member

I understand your frustration, Pony-Ride. From the info I have, you had the case closed Last Friday. Would you like me to reopen it, so you can continue to work with them? If so, PM me.

Deysha
Deysha,
Please know...I do not recall saying to Autumn to 'close a case'. I simply told her that I did not wish to discuss the issue with her further out of frustration. I am actually at the same Ford Dealership as I type this message now. They're rebalancing my wheels. I spoke to a few employees here and got the feeling nothing more may change the noise issue. So I am at a loss what to do and may just think and pray on it for some time. I do not have peace as to what I should do.
Old 5/16/13, 11:48 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
Did you give Ford one shot at fixing the front noise? Sounds like it. Maybe a different dealer would help if there is one nearby.

The reps on here cannot force a dealer to do anything. They can help get issues elevated to higher levels but sometimes that is even difficult depending on dealer input.

It always surprised me how many throw out the entire product line for one issue they have. Many Mustangs built.....how many have the same issue....unknown but we do bear about the bad ones more.....

In the end....you have to do what works for you.... Mine made noise for two days last summer....never had time to get to the dealer right away....noise stopped and has not returned.
You're lucky. Many people are plagued with issues. This is not just affecting two or three. Ford wouldn't have OFFERED to pay me in a lawsuit to avoid court if they knew they weren't in the wrong.
Old 5/16/13, 02:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
As I stated in another thread on this subject, I'm off to the dealer tomorrow for the squeak/creek (no clunk) in the front. If they come up with anything different I'll let ya'll know.

Truthfully, I am more concerned with this being a safety issue although I don't think it is. If the Wifey gets stranded when she's by herself, I'll never hear the end of it. If it's just a little squeak, and it's no problem I'll deal with it if the fix doesn't work. I can't see throwing the baby out with the bath water. We really enjoy this car, and aren't about to trade it because the bushing make a bit of noise at times. We do have 6 more years on our extended warranty, one hopes they can get it right by then. I'm not opposed to taken it back as many times as it takes. But I am retired, so there's no time off work to worry about anymore.
Old 5/16/13, 09:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Plim! I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager of your area, as well. Please, make an appointment to have it checked out.

Deysha
Hi Deysha, I did send to you the VIN info etc. in a PM.
I have left my car at the dealership today. I have not heard anything from them. Hope everything is under control and that it will really be fixed. The service manager indicated he had seen this issue before, but not on this model year.... replacing the LCA worked in the case he remembered (model year 2011).
Old 5/16/13, 11:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by TwistedKarma

You're lucky. Many people are plagued with issues. This is not just affecting two or three. Ford wouldn't have OFFERED to pay me in a lawsuit to avoid court if they knew they weren't in the wrong.
You won. And anyone who has spent more than 5 minutes on this forum knows it, so you can stop telling us how much you still hate Ford every time you post. Please sell your car so you can be rid of something that has obviously caused you extreme amounts of emotional damage. All manufactured products have defective pieces, especially something as complicated as a car. It's unfortunate that you've gone through what you have but, again, you won.
Old 5/17/13, 06:22 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde

You won. And anyone who has spent more than 5 minutes on this forum knows it, so you can stop telling us how much you still hate Ford every time you post. Please sell your car so you can be rid of something that has obviously caused you extreme amounts of emotional damage. All manufactured products have defective pieces, especially something as complicated as a car. It's unfortunate that you've gone through what you have but, again, you won.
I won yet my car and many others are still plagued with issues which Ford has continuously failed to fix. I would love to be done with my car, would you like to buy it? No? I didn't think so.. The best offer I've got so far is $14,500 because of it's problems. My car's MSRP was $30,000.
Old 5/17/13, 06:23 AM
V6 Member

TwistedKarma, I want to personally thank you for your postings. Because of your posts, it continues to show how Ford's quality does need to be looked at.
Old 5/17/13, 06:38 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Pony-Ride

TwistedKarma, I want to personally thank you for your postings. Because of your posts, it continues to show how Ford's quality does need to be looked at.
Everyone thinks I'm driving this Ford band wagon around in hopes that people jump on it with me. Truth is, my experience with this car and car company has been nothing short of horrible and I know I'm not the only one. They did NOTHING to justify this, yet this company makes millions. Instead I'm stuck with a car that has had a brand new transmission put in at 18,000 miles, a moaning front suspension that has yet to be correctly fixed and a brand new rear axle that took 14,000 miles, 11 trips to a dealership and constant nagging to Ford's customer relation's department to finally be put in. This is all bull****.. an average consumer would not have sued and Ford probably knows this. 16 repair's later.. I can't sell my piece of **** car unless I want to eat a loss on it.
Old 5/17/13, 08:02 AM
V6 Member

Everyone thinks I'm driving this Ford band wagon around in hopes that people jump on it with me. Truth is, my experience with this car and car company has been nothing short of horrible and I know I'm not the only one. They did NOTHING to justify this, yet this company makes millions. Instead I'm stuck with a car that has had a brand new transmission put in at 18,000 miles, a moaning front suspension that has yet to be correctly fixed and a brand new rear axle that took 14,000 miles, 11 trips to a dealership and constant nagging to Ford's customer relation's department to finally be put in. This is all bull****.. an average consumer would not have sued and Ford probably knows this. 16 repair's later.. I can't sell my piece of **** car unless I want to eat a loss on it.
I'm not everyone, nor do I think you are trying to have everyone jump on the bandwagon with you. You simply had a bad experience, as I have now been going through. Just bad quality of parts..Nothing more...
Old 5/17/13, 10:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
It was 64 F. when I left for the dealership this morning, and yes the suspension was as quiet as a church mouse. They did check all of the stuff, and it's all good. I was under the car with the (real) mechanic that I have known for 40 years so I know I wasn't given a line. I told him I didn't want to just throw parts at the car, he agreed, so we will leave it for now. I wish I could tell ya'll something that would help, but my friend even said I wasn't the only one with a squeaky Mustang. Oh well.
Old 5/17/13, 10:28 PM
Bullitt Member

The control arm assembly was replaced today.

Let's hope it permanently fixed that problem. I'm getting paranoid, as I now hear a thud coming from the front when I drive into drive ways. Not sure if it is a real thing. But I'll closely monitor it.
Old 5/18/13, 05:41 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Plim
The control arm assembly was replaced today.

Let's hope it permanently fixed that problem. I'm getting paranoid, as I now hear a thud coming from the front when I drive into drive ways. Not sure if it is a real thing. But I'll closely monitor it.
please let us know if all noise ceased.. thanks
Old 5/19/13, 08:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, it turns out I am not going paranoia. My wife also heard the noise when she was driving the car. It is a completely different sound than before the repair. This is more a "thud". It is only sometimes there, when you turn into a driveway or something. Specifically on a right turn. It is also sometimes heard when the car reverses and then starts moving forward again. Very annoying!
I also noticed that the steering wheel is not 100% straight, when going straight. This must have happened when the new arms where placed. And even though the car was re-aligned (I have a alignment report), the steering wheel is not entirely strait. It just annoys me! Tomorrow another try, I'm gonna call my service advisor. I'm sure he is not happy and will do his utmost to get this fixed.
Old 5/19/13, 09:31 PM
V6 Member

Well, it turns out I am not going paranoia. My wife also heard the noise when she was driving the car. It is a completely different sound than before the repair. This is more a "thud". It is only sometimes there, when you turn into a driveway or something. Specifically on a right turn. It is also sometimes heard when the car reverses and then starts moving forward again. Very annoying!
I also noticed that the steering wheel is not 100% straight, when going straight. This must have happened when the new arms where placed. And even though the car was re-aligned (I have a alignment report), the steering wheel is not entirely strait. It just annoys me! Tomorrow another try, I'm gonna call my service advisor. I'm sure he is not happy and will do his utmost to get this fixed.
Plim... I am so sorry this issue is happening to you too. I pray it works out for you.
Old 5/22/13, 08:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Thumbs up

I have my car back. No more groaning from the suspension
I have not heard the "thud" sound either, and the steering wheel is 100% straight again. Happy with my service advisor from the dealership. He really followed up on things and showed he cared about the situation, and also how it made me feel!

diagnosis:
new control arms,
after settling the suspension, torquing everything related to the suspension to spec
re-alignment
Old 5/22/13, 08:36 PM
V6 Member

I have my car back. No more groaning from the suspension
I have not heard the "thud" sound either, and the steering wheel is 100% straight again. Happy with my service advisor from the dealership. He really followed up on things and showed he cared about the situation, and also how it made me feel!

diagnosis:
new control arms,
after settling the suspension, torquing everything related to the suspension to spec
re-alignment
Awesome news!

Quick Reply: Front Suspension Groaning