Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Ford Rep please help! Boss 302 Hood stripes peeling off

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/15, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boss 302 Hood stripes peeling off

Hey gang, I purchased a BOSS 302 in 2013 and the hood stripes were peeling off from day one. I got approval for the repairs, but since I was out of state I decided the put the repair off. Now unfortunately Ford is denying my claim. Looking for advice on getting these repairs approved.

Thanks Hack

Last edited by HackBoss302; 1/13/15 at 02:11 PM. Reason: New information became available
Old 1/13/15, 08:24 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Is it still under full warranty? Should be a slam dunk repair at no cost to you! I've had mine replaced already at no cost to me! Ask for Deysha's help if the dealership still says no. :-)
Old 1/14/15, 07:41 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by HackBoss302
Hey gang, I purchased a BOSS 302 in 2013 and the hood stripes were peeling off from day one. I got approval for the repairs, but since I was out of state I decided the put the repair off. Now unfortunately Ford is denying my claim. Looking for advice on getting these repairs approved.

Thanks Hack
Are they saying why they’re denying it, HackBoss302? You’re welcome to PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can review this for you.

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Is it still under full warranty? Should be a slam dunk repair at no cost to you! I've had mine replaced already at no cost to me! Ask for Deysha's help if the dealership still says no. :-)
Thanks for the mention, Mustang Freak!

Deysha
Old 5/27/15, 03:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Have a similar issue with my stripes. Part of the 'B' broke off and they want to replace one of my hood stripes that wasn't as bad until the dealer picked at it and now NEEDS replaced.
Ford denied the claim on the B saying it was damaged by an outside source. Total BS, the car has only ever been hand washed and I push the vinyl down when drying it with my $20 microfiber towels. Other stripes on the hood are just as bad as the one they want to replace and I hadn't even pointed them out yet because all I wanted fixed was the B.

Very frustrating.
My customer service rep Michelle has also been less than helpful. Had someone else and she was better, but got switched to someone who says is a manager on her voicemail but it takes her a week to return a message.

Still can't get anyone other than the bad service advisor to call me back and he doesn't have anything to tell me, only that he's going to check on this or that.
I miss my old dealer.
Old 5/27/15, 04:03 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Contact Deysha on this website she's been very helpful to many others with problems. I had most of my wide stripe on the hood come off cause I ran it through a touch less car wash. They replaced it for free I believe there was a contaminant between the paint surface and the stripe. Something was definitely wrong I also lost part of the type Boss and 302 as well. Good luck! :-)

Last edited by Mustang Freak; 5/27/15 at 04:07 PM.
Old 5/28/15, 06:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Unfortunately I contacted Deysha and that's how the customer service reps got in touch with me. They haven't been able to do anything for me. The service manager refuses to call me back and just has the advisor call.

The warranty dept. denied the claim and according to the customer service reps, they can do nothing after that. Who knows how the information was presented to ford? Pictures could have been bad, not explained that the B was the same as the other stripes (why I pointed to the other stripe).

I know it's just one person in the warranty department that looked at the pics and said nope. Such a simple fix for a key part of an expensive car and they can't handle it.

I've got a tick the called an engineer out for because they heard it but couldn't find it and a new crackle/rattle on deceleration that I don't even want to bring in to them because they are so bad.
Old 5/28/15, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Contact Deysha on this website she's been very helpful to many others with problems. I had most of my wide stripe on the hood come off cause I ran it through a touch less car wash. They replaced it for free I believe there was a contaminant between the paint surface and the stripe. Something was definitely wrong I also lost part of the type Boss and 302 as well. Good luck! :-)
Thank you for the mention, Mustang Freak!

Originally Posted by wonger
Unfortunately I contacted Deysha and that's how the customer service reps got in touch with me. They haven't been able to do anything for me. The service manager refuses to call me back and just has the advisor call.

The warranty dept. denied the claim and according to the customer service reps, they can do nothing after that. Who knows how the information was presented to ford? Pictures could have been bad, not explained that the B was the same as the other stripes (why I pointed to the other stripe).

I know it's just one person in the warranty department that looked at the pics and said nope. Such a simple fix for a key part of an expensive car and they can't handle it.

I've got a tick the called an engineer out for because they heard it but couldn't find it and a new crackle/rattle on deceleration that I don't even want to bring in to them because they are so bad.
If your dealer feels the same way, only they can appeal this for you, wonger. Speak with your service manager and let me know if this is something they will do for you.

Deysha
Old 5/28/15, 11:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Thank you for the mention, Mustang Freak!

If your dealer feels the same way, only they can appeal this for you, wonger. Speak with your service manager and let me know if this is something they will do for you.

Deysha
I wish it were that simple. I've never gotten to speak with him. It is my understanding that they did appeal, but judging by how I was treated and how much effort they showed me, I can't believe a lot was put into that.
Old 5/29/15, 01:00 PM

I wish it were that simple. I've never gotten to speak with him. It is my understanding that they did appeal, but judging by how I was treated and how much effort they showed me, I can't believe a lot was put into that.
Let me know if you'd like this experience with your dealer documented, wonger.

Deysha
Old 7/9/15, 02:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey Deysha. Wanted to thank you for your help but also let you and the other members that I gave up and sold the car. I couldn't take the lack of service and poor support from the customer service rep. It's very disappointing because I liked really liked the car.

The dealer heard an engine tick after an oil change at the same time I brought it in for the stripe issue, but could not pinpoint.

Engineer came out but could not replicate.

Had a MAJOR rattle appear as if something broke and brought the car back. Service guys could not replicate so I took the service manager Jack along with me. It was very obvious and loud on our test drive, but he wanted nothing to do with it. Stating, "That's going to be so hard to diagnose, a rattle at throttle tip-in at highway speeds... I can't replicate that, I don't know how I'd find that. Let me call the field engineer and see if he's heard of anything similar and I'll get back to you in a couple days."
I also recorded a video and posted it as private and sent it to him and my advisor who doesn't have speakers or a way to even listen to it.

He also would not acknowledge that the clutch was wearing out and functioning worse at higher rpm shifts. I had to tap the clutch a few times to get it to pop back up after a full throttle shift, even at 6k.

Who knows if they forwarded it to the field engineer or even contacted him because I never heard another word from anyone there. They strung the entire process out for over two months until my warranty expired. That was it for me. I worried that that was what was happening and became even more concerned that was the case regarding the lack of acknowledgment on the clutch.

But if this is the best the dealer service can do and how they treat loyal customers on simple items with no prior warranty claims, I'm done. I don't trust Ford can put in a system that can cope with tweaked up engines, the clutch system is terrible.

The customer service rep I got was supposed to be a manager but she was awful and no help and would not return any messages.

It's been a month since I heard anything from them now, so I sold the car two weeks ago. I hope someone has use for the hood stripe still at the dealer that Ford approved to replace even though that wasn't one I was concerned about, I just showed them it peeling as an example for what happened to the 'B'. I'm going Corvette or Camaro next. Maybe another M3...
Old 7/9/15, 02:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Here's the link to the rattle.

Old 7/9/15, 05:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow man that's **** shame the way they treated you. I can't believe they said that about the rattle WTF?! I can clearly hear it in your video.Ford needs their customer service revamped from the bottom up. I have been treated the same way by them, what a joke. I'm currently looking at trucks to buy and I won't be looking at Fords! Ford has lost me as a customer for life. Hello GM!

Just look at Fords JD dependability ratings they used to be at the top now they are almost at the bottom.
Old 7/9/15, 05:52 PM
GT Member

Here's the link to the rattle.

Boss 302 Rattle - YouTube
Sorry to hear about your struggles, there is good dealers out there just keep looking if you come back to the Ford family.

Rattle sounds like the side exhaust, I had the same issues under acceleration after I tapped them coming off a lift. Quick adjustment and it was fixed.
Old 7/10/15, 09:36 AM

Hey Deysha. Wanted to thank you for your help but also let you and the other members that I gave up and sold the car. I couldn't take the lack of service and poor support from the customer service rep. It's very disappointing because I liked really liked the car.

The dealer heard an engine tick after an oil change at the same time I brought it in for the stripe issue, but could not pinpoint.

Engineer came out but could not replicate.

Had a MAJOR rattle appear as if something broke and brought the car back. Service guys could not replicate so I took the service manager Jack along with me. It was very obvious and loud on our test drive, but he wanted nothing to do with it. Stating, "That's going to be so hard to diagnose, a rattle at throttle tip-in at highway speeds... I can't replicate that, I don't know how I'd find that. Let me call the field engineer and see if he's heard of anything similar and I'll get back to you in a couple days."
I also recorded a video and posted it as private and sent it to him and my advisor who doesn't have speakers or a way to even listen to it.

He also would not acknowledge that the clutch was wearing out and functioning worse at higher rpm shifts. I had to tap the clutch a few times to get it to pop back up after a full throttle shift, even at 6k.

Who knows if they forwarded it to the field engineer or even contacted him because I never heard another word from anyone there. They strung the entire process out for over two months until my warranty expired. That was it for me. I worried that that was what was happening and became even more concerned that was the case regarding the lack of acknowledgment on the clutch.

But if this is the best the dealer service can do and how they treat loyal customers on simple items with no prior warranty claims, I'm done. I don't trust Ford can put in a system that can cope with tweaked up engines, the clutch system is terrible.

The customer service rep I got was supposed to be a manager but she was awful and no help and would not return any messages.

It's been a month since I heard anything from them now, so I sold the car two weeks ago. I hope someone has use for the hood stripe still at the dealer that Ford approved to replace even though that wasn't one I was concerned about, I just showed them it peeling as an example for what happened to the 'B'. I'm going Corvette or Camaro next. Maybe another M3...
I understand, wonger. I looked over the case and both issues were addressed on different dates, and the case was closed out back in the end of May. If you ever have any questions or need me, don’t hesitate to PM me. Thanks for the info.

Deysha
Old 7/10/15, 03:57 PM
Bullitt Member

The case should have never been closed as nothing was ever done to assist me. I had to take the car in four times and each time was another reason they couldn't help. The no call after the last trip was the final straw. Easier for me to unload the car at a loss than deal with them. I paid $800 to pay off the loan just to be done with Ford and their customer service. A complete failure on their part. Loved driving that car. It was a lot of fun and is still in good shape, just minor issues they couldn't handle.

They just let the warranty run out and we're done. Too bad. I had a great dealer in Lafayette, IN we bought ten cars from them including my brothers new GT, but all of them I've tried around me in Georgia are terrible.

This one was Union City Ford. I'm willing to pay more just for the experience with service where I'm treated like a customer. They could learn some lessons from Acura, Lexus and BMW. I don't want to be told preemptive warnings of diagnostic fees, while not even checking if the car is under warranty. They were the most customer-last dealer I've ever visited. Regarding service that is.
Old 7/10/15, 07:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is what is so bothersome with Ford. They offer a world class product but they fail deliver on their warranty/customer service. Depressing really to see that but it's the truth. A lot of these big companies seem to forget that there product draws people in but there customer service helps retain their customers for future purchases. Take notes from Amazon, Ford. You could learn a lot.