Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Driver Side Pony Projector Problems

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/14, 06:44 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by wanted33
They only have to replace the projectors, not the complete mirror. The lights have a clip when pushed in the lights come right out. Unplug the old, plug in the new. I've had both of mine replaced, and the new started going bad shortly afterwards. I've told the service rep. that they were bad again, but was going to wait in hopes Ford will come up with a better version.
Bring it back in and let me escalate it, wanted33.

Originally Posted by Ghekk
That's good to hear. Is the fix included with the new lamp (upgraded part) or is it an install trick? If it's top secret I understand, lol, I'm just curious. Also, how long do parts usually take to arrive? Just a ball park guess since I know it varies. Thanks again!
Not necessarily top secret, Ghekk. I know the parts have been revised to prevent this from happening in the future. As to what the whole repair requires, only your dealer gets those directions and next steps.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 1/9/14 at 06:46 AM.
Old 1/9/14, 06:49 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So my drivers side image is starting to screw up, lines through the mustang and such. Is there actually a lasting fix for this and is it worth even bothering?
Old 1/9/14, 07:31 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by steven46746
is it worth even bothering?
i love them so much.. i was looking for ways to have them light up as day run lights... so definitely u need to bother IMO as u paid for it with u hard earned money.

Name:  vIBjXXn.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  202.1 KB
Old 1/19/14, 02:49 PM

Both of my pony lights are messed up again, going to go to dealership next weekend.

Old 1/20/14, 06:58 AM

Both of mine were replaced last Thursday. Hopefully the revised part holds up. /fingerscrossed
Old 1/31/14, 07:52 AM

Hi Deysha ,
I'm Marco from Italy and I have the same problem whith mirror pony projector. Does warranty covers me in Italy?
Old 1/31/14, 08:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i went in 10.20am to dealership n i was out with two new pony projecter installed by 10.50am... time includes paper work... all covered by waranty.. sweeet.. i dont know about italy. bt in usa its covered
Old 1/31/14, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by zheludov
Both of my pony lights are messed up again, going to go to dealership next weekend.
I hope you got this taken care of, zheludov. Please let me know.

Originally Posted by Piterpanda
Hi Deysha ,
I'm Marco from Italy and I have the same problem whith mirror pony projector. Does warranty covers me in Italy?
Here’s what I found in your warranty guide on page 4, Piterpanda.

The New Vehicle Limited Warranty and the Emissions Warranties
described in this booklet apply to your vehicle if:
• it was originally purchased through the Ford Export Operations
Military Sales Program; or
• it was originally sold or leased by Ford Motor Company or one of its
dealers in the United States or U.S. Federalized Territories, and it was
originally registered/licensed and operated in the United States, U.S.
Federalized Territories, or Canada.
If you meet either of these two requirements, you do have warranty
coverage when you travel with this vehicle outside the United States,
U.S. Federalized Territories, or Canada. In some cases, however, you may
have to pay the servicing Ford dealer in a foreign country or U.S.
Federalized Territory for a repair that is covered under the U.S.
warranty. If this happens, be sure to save the paid repair order or
invoice. You should present this document to a U.S. Ford Motor
Company dealer for warranty refund consideration. Refer to
www.Ford.com for additional customer assistance reference information.

Also, I do know we’ve made arrangements with the Overseas Military Sales Corporation (OMSC) to assist with service-related issues. OMSC can help you find a participating service center, which should be able to assist you with the key. Please contact them at 1-800-669-6183 or 9-011-49-6173-704-256. I hope this helps.

Originally Posted by CiniZter
i went in 10.20am to dealership n i was out with two new pony projecter installed by 10.50am... time includes paper work... all covered by waranty.. sweeet.. i dont know about italy. bt in usa its covered
That is great, CiniZter!

Deysha
Old 2/17/14, 09:49 PM

Replaced pony lights past weekend. The guy at dealership didn't want to do anything at first. Started with saying that someone tried to steal them and scratched them, so I should call insurance company, I explained that I already had this problem before and dealer just replaced it. Then he started saying that he is not seeing anything wrong with it, but he can call his manager. Couldn't find his manager, called a coworker of his that said he just needs to replace it , it's an $18 part. Then his manager showed up, manager had no idea that there is such part but told the guy to check if it's covered and fix it if it is.
Old 2/18/14, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by zheludov
Replaced pony lights past weekend. The guy at dealership didn't want to do anything at first. Started with saying that someone tried to steal them and scratched them, so I should call insurance company, I explained that I already had this problem before and dealer just replaced it. Then he started saying that he is not seeing anything wrong with it, but he can call his manager. Couldn't find his manager, called a coworker of his that said he just needs to replace it , it's an $18 part. Then his manager showed up, manager had no idea that there is such part but told the guy to check if it's covered and fix it if it is.
Glad to learn this was taken care of for you, zheludov. I’m happy to get this dealer experience documented for you. If you’d like, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, best daytime number, and the comments you’d like to share.

Deysha
Old 4/9/14, 08:15 AM

I noticed my projectors are messed up as well when i pulled the car out of storage this passed Friday, gonna have to take pictures and show the dealer tomorrow so they can get these replaced along with my horribly deteriorated radio display.
Old 4/30/14, 03:26 PM

Bringing mine in tomorrow, both are bad..2014 Mustang v6.. Glad Ford is taking care of the problem..
Old 4/30/14, 04:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My driver side pony has spun around 90 degrees.
Old 4/30/14, 05:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dmhines
My driver side pony has spun around 90 degrees.
A few donuts might straighten it out.
Old 5/1/14, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by thomasj61
Bringing mine in tomorrow, both are bad..2014 Mustang v6.. Glad Ford is taking care of the problem..
Part is on order HOUSING AND LENS ASY
Part #: DR3Z13B375A
Port Richey of Ford Rocks!
Old 5/9/14, 04:23 PM

I want to thank everyone for their advice on this pony logo light issue. I just called my dealership to explain the passenger side mirror light was not showing the pony logo. They instantly made me an appointment for 10 days from today and it will be under warranty without any charge!! I had just had some Pirelli tires and rims replaced due to a curb accident, long story, and this dealership Orchid Isle Auto is doing a great job for me again. Maka, one of the service agents, said it could take 15 minutes to 2 hours, couldn't make a total promise, and we will find out if the parts that were mentioned above my posting here will have to be ordered and put in for me. But still under warranty so I'm not worried at all. I love my Stang and I'm totally devoted to keeping it look new all the time and into the future as a collectible. Has only 3,290 miles on her so far.

Last edited by MustangMaggie13; 5/9/14 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Parts needed or not, thank you for part numbers
Old 5/21/14, 12:20 AM

Had my appointment with my dealership today, 90 minutes of inspection and determination of pony projection problems on passenger side mirror. Needs a whole new parts kit, not just a light bulb. Am so glad I had this inspection done and parts are on order, should arrive in 3 to 5 days, they will call when parts are in to set up installation time. Will let you know what happens. Driver side is fine, though, still working.
Old 6/5/14, 10:02 AM

Unhappy

I noticed the same on my car couple of days ago. I thought it was just water in and that it will dry and disappear. Apparently not!
Attached Images   
Old 6/5/14, 12:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
What are the part numbers for the improved lights? Driver's and passenger?
Old 6/11/14, 05:28 PM
GT Member

Just had my 4th one put in last week. The previous one they replaced the whole mirror assembly with it and it lasted several months! They said this time there was a new revision again (but didn't specify if it was the mirror or just the clip in light). I will know once I get my paperwork back after I get my rust fixed

Quick Reply: Driver Side Pony Projector Problems