Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Driver Side Pony Projector Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/13, 09:54 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by tr24
Hey guys,

2014 Mustang GT here, and just had the same thing happen on the passenger side. Was dusting the car with a California Mop, lightly passed it under the mirror, and the projector piece falls loose...
Hello tr24,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. I recommend you make another appointment with them and let me escalate this for you. PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Originally Posted by denlem
If the pony projected looks anything like the pics posted in the thread, then it's probably a warranty issue and not from theft. Try going to another dealer and see what they say. If that doesn't work and you still feel strongly it is a warranty issue, you can always contact Deysha here and she will get a case opened up. When that happens, the dealers tend to do their jobs a little better.
Thanks, denlem!

Deysha
Old 11/20/13, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update: Ford contacted me directly, had it replaced for me free of charge, couldn't have been an easier experience.

Thank you Deysha.

Last edited by tr24; 11/29/13 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12/3/13, 06:54 AM

I have only had my Mustang 6 months and the issue with lines and oval shaped distortions projected onto ground has gradually appeared. What I'd like to know is how the running pony logo is projected onto the ground . I dont need this lighting feature. If the image is not attractive , I'd rather not have it there at all. Can it be disabled ?
Old 12/5/13, 04:25 PM

Same problem and the dealer told me Ford would not replace the mirror. Ridiculous!
Old 12/5/13, 04:28 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I was afraid of this with these pony projectors. Great idea but just more stuff that can break. Very disappointing.
Old 12/6/13, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by PKv6
I have only had my Mustang 6 months and the issue with lines and oval shaped distortions projected onto ground has gradually appeared. What I'd like to know is how the running pony logo is projected onto the ground . I dont need this lighting feature. If the image is not attractive , I'd rather not have it there at all. Can it be disabled ?
Originally Posted by AviA90
Same problem and the dealer told me Ford would not replace the mirror. Ridiculous!
Hi guys,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service, and I recommend you bring your vehicles in to your dealer and have them looked at. I’d also like to get this escalated for you. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 12/6/13, 12:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Also just started having a problem with this as well. I would think it'd be from the door slamming shut over and over. I don't think anything is messed up in the passenger side yet though.
Old 12/6/13, 12:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MDkid92
Also just started having a problem with this as well. I would think it'd be from the door slamming shut over and over. I don't think anything is messed up in the passenger side yet though.
I've had my p/s replaced twice and I'm the only one in my car 95% of the time.
Old 12/6/13, 12:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by wheelman
well that's odd lol. I haven't noticed anything wrong with my p/s, only the d/s.
Old 12/7/13, 06:30 AM

Thanks Deysha -I checked with dealership and they have ordered the parts , just waiting for them to come in.

Last edited by PKv6; 12/7/13 at 06:43 AM.
Old 12/7/13, 06:42 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
well that's odd lol. I haven't noticed anything wrong with my p/s, only the d/s.
It was the p/s for me and I'm usually the only one in the car as well. So far the replacement has been good. The drivers side is acting up now and will be looked at in the spring.
Old 12/8/13, 08:17 AM

Disabled ?

Can these lights be disabled ? If this is chronic problem, i'd rather just turn them off / disable them. Obviously I don't want to hack up the car but has any one taken the side mirrors apart to see if the lights can be unplugged ? This is a huge problem even if it doesn't effect drivability. Too many people are reporting this issue.

Old 12/9/13, 10:32 AM

Be sure to make an appointment with your dealer and PM me with your info, MDkid92.

Originally Posted by PKv6
Thanks Deysha -I checked with dealership and they have ordered the parts , just waiting for them to come in.
You’re very welcome, PKv6!

Deysha
Old 12/31/13, 12:33 PM

I'm also having this issue with both of my projectors. I went ahead and sent Deysha a PM and scheduled an appointment at a local Ford dealer in my area. Hopefully they won't give me any issues since I didn't buy it from them (was out if town when I bought the car) but it is still under warranty.
Old 1/2/14, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ghekk
I'm also having this issue with both of my projectors. I went ahead and sent Deysha a PM and scheduled an appointment at a local Ford dealer in my area. Hopefully they won't give me any issues since I didn't buy it from them (was out if town when I bought the car) but it is still under warranty.
Be sure to stay in contact with your CSM and keep us updated, Ghekk.

Deysha
Old 1/6/14, 02:52 PM

Took it to the Ford service department today, and they said they had to take some pictures to see if Ford would warranty it. About 1.5 hours later, they told me it was covered but they just needed to order the parts and would call me. Thanks for any magic you may have worked behind the scenes!

Ghekk

P.S. Do you know if Ford has a solution to this problem?

Last edited by Ghekk; 1/6/14 at 02:53 PM.
Old 1/6/14, 09:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Took it to the Ford service department today, and they said they had to take some pictures to see if Ford would warranty it. About 1.5 hours later, they told me it was covered but they just needed to order the parts and would call me. Thanks for any magic you may have worked behind the scenes!

Ghekk

Sounds like they're taking care of you. I went through the same process twice, with the same mirror. The first replacement went bad too but the second replacement has had no issues at all, so I'm hoping they've fixed the problem. My other mirror is probably bad enough to get replaced now too, but hopefully that'll be the end of the issue for me.
Old 1/8/14, 09:42 AM

Ghekk

That’s great, Gheek! Thank you for the update and kudos! Yes, we are aware of this and a fix is in place.

Sounds like they're taking care of you. I went through the same process twice, with the same mirror. The first replacement went bad too but the second replacement has had no issues at all, so I'm hoping they've fixed the problem. My other mirror is probably bad enough to get replaced now too, but hopefully that'll be the end of the issue for me.
Be sure to get it looked at soon, wheelman. Let me know if you need me.

Deysha
Old 1/8/14, 01:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by AviA90

They only have to replace the projectors, not the complete mirror. The lights have a clip when pushed in the lights come right out. Unplug the old, plug in the new. I've had both of mine replaced, and the new started going bad shortly afterwards. I've told the service rep. that they were bad again, but was going to wait in hopes Ford will come up with a better version.
Old 1/8/14, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
That’s great, Gheek! Thank you for the update and kudos! Yes, we are aware of this and a fix is in place.

Deysha

That's good to hear. Is the fix included with the new lamp (upgraded part) or is it an install trick? If it's top secret I understand, lol, I'm just curious. Also, how long do parts usually take to arrive? Just a ball park guess since I know it varies. Thanks again!

Last edited by Ghekk; 1/8/14 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Extra info.

Quick Reply: Driver Side Pony Projector Problems