Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Dealer issue, warranty issue and questions.

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/14, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer issue, warranty issue and questions.

I had my 5th gear rebuilt on my 13 boss last summer with about 8000 miles in the clock. Fast forward to now, the trans is getting super grabby with third and does not like to go into gear when cold at all. Other times, it feels fine. My dealer is a pain in the ***. When they rebuilt the trans before the stripped the shift **** so it won't line up the proper way anymore and also left a piece of 2X4 between the engine and the chassis in front about 2 inches from the serpentine belt. I know they won't replace the transmission if they cant feel the issue on the first try and my luck, they won't. I've spoke with deysha once on here and she told me to bring it back to the dealer and she will escalate the issue to have it taken care of, but I'm afraid to have them work on my car after seeing what they did last time. I drove the car for the first time in almost a month last night and going into third for the first time was like going through a pile of pebbles with a shifter held together with bubblegum and spit. Going into third other times it was fine. 5th is starting to get grabby again also. I'm located in Albany, NY and I am trying to find a dealer within a reasonable distance that is competent enough to work on my car. All suggestions would be great.

Also I'll add that I have the Whiteline trans mount insert as well. It helps a bit but the third gear feeling of being messed up is still there and with 27,000 miles in the car, I don't want it to take a dump after my warranty

I tried replying to Deysha today after a couple of weeks and I can't send PM's so hopefully she will see this and I can relay the info she asked for.
Old 6/19/14, 03:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Have you dealt with Latham Motors?

Doing a search of dealers around Albany, I got a few, and Orange Motors had a horrible rating according to Google, Fuccillo Ford not much better, but Latham seems a good amount better at 3.7 stars ...

Crossroads Ford is coming up at 4.8 stars ... http://crossroadsny.com/

Last edited by Gabe; 6/19/14 at 03:33 PM.
Old 6/19/14, 06:16 PM

I'll contact them. I know fucillo and the other one had awful reviews. Thank you.

Gabe, did you used to be a charger guy?
Old 6/20/14, 06:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Bloodykisses
I'll contact them. I know fucillo and the other one had awful reviews. Thank you.

Gabe, did you used to be a charger guy?
Yeah, I had an '07 Charger RT AWD before the Mustang ... do we know each other? Lol
Old 6/20/14, 07:38 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I had my 5th gear rebuilt on my 13 boss last summer with about 8000 miles in the clock. Fast forward to now, the trans is getting super grabby with third and does not like to go into gear when cold at all. Other times, it feels fine. ...

I tried replying to Deysha today after a couple of weeks and I can't send PM's so hopefully she will see this and I can relay the info she asked for.
Hey Bloodykisses,

I received your PMs. I’ll get back to you soon.

Deysha
Old 6/20/14, 08:44 AM

Thank you Deysha, I'm sorry to bomb you with messages. They weren't showing sent. I apologize.
Old 6/20/14, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Gabe
Yeah, I had an '07 Charger RT AWD before the Mustang ... do we know each other? Lol
Yes sir. Paywithdeath (Nick) from the LX world.
Old 6/20/14, 02:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes sir. Paywithdeath (Nick) from the LX world.
Holy crap, what's up buddy? You got a Boss now? Still have the Charger?
I still go on LXF but mostly on the BT sub-forum and that's it, so not up to speed on most things
Old 6/20/14, 05:23 PM

No more charger. Was sick of breaking things and drag racing. Picked up the boss a year ago and I love it aside from the transmission hating me lol. I haven't been back on LXF to much really. Let that part of my life go haha.
Old 6/21/14, 05:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

No more charger. Was sick of breaking things and drag racing. Picked up the boss a year ago and I love it aside from the transmission hating me lol. I haven't been back on LXF to much really. Let that part of my life go haha.
I know how that feels. After the second time I blew the engine, I put a stock reman piece in there and traded the car in on the '13 GT I have now.
Then the real mod bug hit, and I'm now close to 600 rwhp, and looking for more, considering a T56 swap and planning on a built bottom-end for more boost, LOL
Old 6/23/14, 06:27 AM

Thank you Deysha, I'm sorry to bomb you with messages. They weren't showing sent. I apologize.
It’s no problem, Bloodykisses.

Deysha
Old 7/11/14, 02:07 PM

Well, just as suspected my dealer called me after a week of having the car to tell me they can't find any issues with the transmission. But, it may be a clutch problem and that's not covered under warranty? I felt the issue 4 times on my 39 mile ride to the dealer, but they can't find it on their 30 second stroll around the parking lot, I am ready to get rid of the car completely. This dealer is useless and they're downright rude. So here I am stuck with a transmission that feels like crap, with no one to do anything because these idiots "can't find an issue" mind you last time T&T had the car they left a block of wood between the engine and frame.
Old 7/12/14, 03:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Call, speak nicely and ask for the service manager, set up a time when you can take him/her on a road test to show them the problem
Old 7/14/14, 06:15 AM

I tried that. I explained to them I'm a hard working guy who just wants his vehicle to be the way it should be. They just don't care, honestly. If I was an *** and less than honest I would have intentionally broke it, but I'm not like that. It's very frustrating.
Old 7/14/14, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Gabe
Call, speak nicely and ask for the service manager, set up a time when you can take him/her on a road test to show them the problem
I tried that. I explained to them I'm a hard working guy who just wants his vehicle to be the way it should be. They just don't care, honestly. If I was an *** and less than honest I would have intentionally broke it, but I'm not like that. It's very frustrating.
I was going to mention the same thing, Gabe. Did your dealer decline you a test drive with them, Bloddykisses?

Deysha
Old 7/15/14, 06:38 AM

They never even really gave me the option. I was told to drop it off, they told me they drove it and found no issue. I am waiting to speak with the rep for the area (Allison) before I pick my car up hopefully today. I'm going to try to level with them today but honestly, I've already started looking for another vehicle.
Old 7/15/14, 10:06 AM

They never even really gave me the option. I was told to drop it off, they told me they drove it and found no issue. I am waiting to speak with the rep for the area (Allison) before I pick my car up hopefully today. I'm going to try to level with them today but honestly, I've already started looking for another vehicle.
I would at least try to go on a drive with them first, Bloodykisses. I think that may help.

Deysha