Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Brembo wheel paint defect.

Search this Thread

Old 7/17/12, 07:49 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by GrandMasterB
Thanks Deysha! Sent you a note--I appreciate it!
Thanks. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 8/2/12, 12:47 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kinyodas
On my hood there is what appears to be a fingerprint / smudge under the clear coat, but it's barely noticeable and I consider it a beauty mark - virtually no vehicle will leave the line completely unscathed.

I just came across your post. This is exactly what I have on the left side near the quarter panel. I'm handling it just like you are. Better to leave it alone. If the car needs bodywork down the road for some other reason I can address it then.
Old 1/30/14, 01:50 PM

Re: Brembo Wheel Paint Defect

I have been having the same issue on all the wheels on my 2012. I took it to OC Welch in Hardeeville, SC where it sat for three weeks without them doing anything with it. I just got word from them yesterday that they denied the warranty claim because of a "black substance on the wheels". The dealership never bothered to at least whip the wheel off before they sent ford photos of the wheels. Anyone have some suggestions on how to dispute this with ford? And a suggestion of a dealer with a decent service department in coastal GA?
I love this car but its been pretty frustrating watching the paint on these wheels deteriorate like it has.

Last edited by 12Brembo50; 1/30/14 at 01:51 PM.
Old 1/30/14, 06:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the same issue. I plan on putting up a fight as one dealer did not even want to follow the warranty process and take pictures. The roads here are covered with salt and grime but I am going to try to take it to another dealer next week if things clear up a bit.
Old 1/31/14, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by 12Brembo50
I have been having the same issue on all the wheels on my 2012. I took it to OC Welch in Hardeeville, SC where it sat for three weeks without them doing anything with it. I just got word from them yesterday that they denied the warranty claim because of a "black substance on the wheels". The dealership never bothered to at least whip the wheel off before they sent ford photos of the wheels. Anyone have some suggestions on how to dispute this with ford? And a suggestion of a dealer with a decent service department in coastal GA?
I love this car but its been pretty frustrating watching the paint on these wheels deteriorate like it has.
Hello 12Brembo50,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. You should speak with the service manager at your Ford Dealer. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed. Also, remember repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty.

You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know the outcome.

Originally Posted by 88lx50
I have the same issue. I plan on putting up a fight as one dealer did not even want to follow the warranty process and take pictures. The roads here are covered with salt and grime but I am going to try to take it to another dealer next week if things clear up a bit.
Be sure to speak with your CSM about this as well, 88lx50.

Deysha
Old 2/1/14, 09:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Hello 12Brembo50,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. You should speak with the service manager at your Ford Dealer. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed. Also, remember repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty.

You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know the outcome.

Be sure to speak with your CSM about this as well, 88lx50.

Deysha
CSM has been great. She called me the other day to find out why it hasn't been brought in for the warranty issues yet. I let her know weather has been a factor. Hopefully this dealer proves to be a better experience then the previous one.
Old 2/3/14, 06:34 AM

CSM has been great. She called me the other day to find out why it hasn't been brought in for the warranty issues yet. I let her know weather has been a factor. Hopefully this dealer proves to be a better experience then the previous one.
Great, 88lx50. Keep me posted.

Deysha
Old 3/14/14, 02:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My dealership has replaced all four of my Brembo wheels. They did 3 today and I guess it cost Ford $2600. The new ones are clearly different. Guess the reason I'm bringing this up is because it seems that Ford realizes that there was a problem with the early BBP wheels and will replace them. Make the dealer take pictures and send them off to Ford.
Old 3/14/14, 03:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Thomas S
My dealership has replaced all four of my Brembo wheels. They did 3 today and I guess it cost Ford $2600. The new ones are clearly different. Guess the reason I'm bringing this up is because it seems that Ford realizes that there was a problem with the early BBP wheels and will replace them. Make the dealer take pictures and send them off to Ford.
I had pictures taken and the claim was denied.
It makes no sense why some claims are denied and some are covered for the same exact thing.
I was told by the CSM that once it is denied by imaging there is nothing they can do. Total bull considering Ford knows there is a problem.
Old 3/18/14, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Thomas S
Thank you for the update, Thomas S!

I had pictures taken and the claim was denied.
It makes no sense why some claims are denied and some are covered for the same exact thing.
I was told by the CSM that once it is denied by imaging there is nothing they can do. Total bull considering Ford knows there is a problem.
88lx50, if your service manager agrees your specific concern is a defect, he can appeal the decision for you. You should speak to him and let me know what he says.

Deysha
Old 3/18/14, 06:44 AM
Bullitt Member

I will talk to him Deysha.
Old 3/19/14, 07:28 AM

I will talk to him Deysha.
Great! Keep me posted.

Deysha
Old 3/24/14, 10:45 PM
GT Member

Is this an issue on the 13+ cars? I have an area on one wheel that looks matte and is rougher to the touch. Looks like it turns slightly white with a light fingernail scratch too. I'm wondering if this is degraded clear coat, I'd hate for those beauties to start having problems down the road after the warranty expires.
Old 3/24/14, 11:44 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
it's like "Deysha Vu"
She's everywhere on top of it all
Old 3/27/14, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Godspeed01
Is this an issue on the 13+ cars? I have an area on one wheel that looks matte and is rougher to the touch. Looks like it turns slightly white with a light fingernail scratch too. I'm wondering if this is degraded clear coat, I'd hate for those beauties to start having problems down the road after the warranty expires.
Be sure to bring this up to your dealer as soon as possible, Godspeed01. Let me know the outcome.

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
it's like "Deysha Vu"
She's everywhere on top of it all
Lol! Very true, DarrenGT!

Deysha