Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Brand new car 2013 mustang v6 hesitation issue

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/13, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand new car 2013 mustang v6 hesitation issue

Hello everyone , hope alls gud at ur end. I am new to this forum as i have recently purchased a 2013 mustang v6.

So basically, i received the car today and was told by a ford service advisor, to limit the speed to 100kmh for the fist 1000 kms. ( break in period i believe). So here i am cruising along, when i decide to hit higher rpm by pushing in a bit of the throttle. To my surprise, i experienced weird hesitation, it seemed like the car responded to the throttle push, and then kept loosing power ( sort of going back and forth when the throttle was pressed in ), while the rpm remained constant at 2000.

So my question is that is it normal for a car to react in such a way in the early period? What do you guys think it could be? Should i be worried or give it some time?
Btw my car is a base 2013 v6 automatic transmission. Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 2/14/13, 10:37 AM
Cobra Member

Was the car cold?
Old 2/14/13, 02:26 PM

Refer to the comment below

Last edited by Numanshahid87; 2/14/13 at 02:40 PM.
Old 2/14/13, 02:39 PM

No, the temp needle was exactly in the middle of the guage actually. Upon gradual acceleration, the car response is fine, its just when u 'sort of' floor it a bit.

Another issue has come up, i can hear a sound from near the left wheel of the car ( driver side ) its audible even on the SLIGHTEST bumps. sometimes it seems like its from under the left side of the car, like something is loose and constantly coming in contact with something else. Any ideas what that could be? My brother said it could be the suspensions settling in, tbh i dont know.

Love the car btw
Old 2/14/13, 02:44 PM
GT Member

Did it do it just one time or all the time?
Old 2/14/13, 02:49 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
You car will be hesitant until after the break in period. Remember that your computer is learning your driving habits right now. If you have been pussyfooting around, you car is going to "learn" and try and adapt to that driving style. In essence, use the least amount of gas as possible. It's almost like the car hesitates for a second and asks you "do you really want to slam your foot down and use the gas?"

That being said, I would focus on setting the rings.

I remember that same shimmy when I bought my car new. It may well be a cold start as well.

Check the rear tire for any pebbles in the tread.
Old 2/14/13, 03:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, if your new girl is hesitant, ride her hard. It's Valentine's Day, after all.
Old 2/14/13, 04:41 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Another issue has come up, i can hear a sound from near the left wheel of the car ( driver side ) its audible even on the SLIGHTEST bumps. sometimes it seems like its from under the left side of the car, like something is loose and constantly coming in contact with something else. Any ideas what that could be? My brother said it could be the suspensions settling in, tbh i dont know.

Love the car btw[/QUOTE]

The sound is most likely the lower control arm. Mine broke on that same side 2 weeks after buying the car
Old 2/14/13, 04:42 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelman
Yes, if your new girl is hesitant, ride her hard. It's Valentine's Day, after all.
Old 2/14/13, 04:43 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Holy crap! Are you serious about the LCA? That's ridiculous!
Old 2/14/13, 04:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Holy crap! Are you serious about the LCA? That's ridiculous!
Yeah they admitted the LCA's that come on the car are crap and they replaced it with their newer lca that is supposed to be better but of course they wouldn't do the other side under warranty until it breaks also
Old 2/14/13, 10:16 PM

Thank you everyone for your helpful responses.

Wow first day and the LCAs may have well have given up. Not nice. But then again thats what warranty is for isnt it?

Havetohaveit' 13 how is the replaced lca holding up so far?
Secondly any tips on how i should drive during the break in period?

Sorry guys this is my first mustang, and i am clueless as you may have already noticed
Old 2/15/13, 05:47 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Google setting rings on Ford Mustang and you should have your answer.
Old 2/15/13, 05:52 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13

Love the car btw
Who's the owner of this post? Seems there are two posters in one thread....

To either, your Mustangs are under warranty right? If the problem persists, take it in under warranty. To numanshahid87 (first poster), drive it for awhile like others have stated. Give it time. If after a month this problem stil persists, then take it in.

Last edited by Bucko; 2/15/13 at 05:57 AM.
Old 2/15/13, 06:20 AM

I am sorry for causing the confusion, i am the only owner of this thread, just messed up two posts above.

Any how thank you for your prompt reply. I drove the car today, and guess what, the sounds gone. As you suggested i will drive the car as it is, will take it to the dealer if the problem persists.
Old 2/15/13, 07:53 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Numanshahid87
Hello everyone , hope alls gud at ur end. I am new to this forum as i have recently purchased a 2013 mustang v6.
So basically, i received the car today and was told by a ford service advisor, to limit the speed to 100kmh for the fist 1000 kms. ( break in period i believe). So here i am cruising along, when i decide to hit higher rpm by pushing in a bit of the throttle. To my surprise, i experienced weird hesitation, it seemed like the car responded to the throttle push, and then kept loosing power ( sort of going back and forth when the throttle was pressed in ), while the rpm remained constant at 2000.
Wow first day and the LCAs may have well have given up. Not nice. But then again thats what warranty is for isnt it?
Sorry guys this is my first mustang, and i am clueless as you may have already noticed
Hello Numanshahid87,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service, and I recommend you bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealer and have them check it out. Your Service Manager is in the best position to assist with this. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Old 2/15/13, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hello Numanshahid87,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service, and I recommend you bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealer and have them check it out. Your Service Manager is in the best position to assist with this. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Hey Deysha, Thank you for your response, i plan on taking the car tomorrow. Ill def let u know the outcome. I just hope the service here in saudi is as good as its in US.
Old 2/15/13, 10:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Deysha, Thank you for your response, i plan on taking the car tomorrow. Ill def let u know the outcome. I just hope the service here in saudi is as good as its in US.
I'll bet the gas is cheaper! It's spiked over 30 cents a gallon from 2 weeks ago.
Old 2/15/13, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bucko
I'll bet the gas is cheaper! It's spiked over 30 cents a gallon from 2 weeks ago.
The gas here my friend, is cheaper than water haha
Old 2/15/13, 12:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Havetohaveit' 13 how is the replaced lca holding up so far?
Secondly any tips on how i should drive during the break in period?

The new lca is holding up good. But so is the other one that hasn't been replaced. Just a matter of time I guess

Quick Reply: Brand new car 2013 mustang v6 hesitation issue