Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Boss A/C nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/14, 02:11 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many time does ford try to fix the vehicle? Maybe it's time for lemon law kicking in.
Old 3/8/14, 01:08 PM

Thanks. Unfortunately it has come to that. Writing the letter this weekend. Sad that Ford was so unresponsive I have to go the Lemon Law route. Great vehicle bad company.
Old 3/8/14, 02:30 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss287
Thanks. Unfortunately it has come to that. Writing the letter this weekend. Sad that Ford was so unresponsive I have to go the Lemon Law route. Great vehicle bad company.
Yeah good luck with that. You will never get through the loopholes of that silly law. And once you start going through legal matters, nobody will touch your car. Just let them figure out what's wrong. Take her to a different dealer or have a talk with the service manager. I believe you're a victim of a crappy technician. When you bring it back it's called a "comeback" and the same chump works on it again. Just how it works unless you can get the issue escalated.
Old 3/8/14, 03:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Yeah good luck with that. You will never get through the loopholes of that silly law. And once you start going through legal matters, nobody will touch your car. Just let them figure out what's wrong. Take her to a different dealer or have a talk with the service manager. I believe you're a victim of a crappy technician. When you bring it back it's called a "comeback" and the same chump works on it again. Just how it works unless you can get the issue escalated.
Plenty of people have successfully used the lemon law to get a new vehicle
Old 3/8/14, 03:43 PM

Nothing else has worked. Two dealers and Ford just does not take this seriously. They are just replacing another condenser . Two replaced already and three hinge pressure lines since the new compressor in December. No supervisor will call me despite repeated requests. No one finding out why the repeated failures. If I need to I came navigate the legal system. Would rather not but Ford just jerking me around to long.
Old 3/8/14, 03:45 PM

I don't even care about a new car. I just want mine fixed. Ford not willing to do what needed to fix the problem.
Old 3/8/14, 03:47 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
You'd think it would be easy for them to just go ahead and replace the whole system. It's not that complicated. Heck there's like 3 major parts and 3 lines and boom it's all new and no chance of leftover fragments in the system.

Ford used to puss me off the 90s. I always had trouble with leaking AC systems on new vehicles, specifically trucks. I went away from them only to have worse trouble with GM trannies and Dodge everything but motor.
Old 3/8/14, 04:04 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
Plenty of people have successfully used the lemon law to get a new vehicle
Usually the dealers just give in and take it back before any type of legal battle. Actual lemon law claims are few and far between. Either way it's not a difficult repair and a good technician should be able to find the root cause. System could be just over pressuring. Sounds like a bad technician to me.
Old 3/10/14, 08:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definitely sounds like they need to diagnose the reason why system pressure is getting high enough to repeatedly blow out components. Throwing parts at it without finding the actual cause will not help matters. It could be a simple high pressure switch that is bad.

Last edited by 88lx50; 3/10/14 at 08:10 AM.
Old 3/11/14, 07:52 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Called him 2/3, 2/4,2/5,2/6,2/10 and 2/14 following the first failed repair at Plantation Ford. Why it took two weeks for my car to get back in. Two weeks with no air while two dealer fought over who would take the car while he ignored my calls. Feel free to check with plantation Ford. They assumed he called. When you get his voice mail there is no option to speak to anyone else or even take the survey. Yes now he is responding but it took me raising a stink which I would prefer not doing. Remember I bought a Ford a year and a half ago and since December 2013 my car has been in the shop six times for the AC. AC has only worked a couple of weeks since mid December. In Febuary I was 2 weeks without air and no one would return my calls as two dealers blamed each other for the problems. No one from Ford even returned my calls during that time. Sorry but those are the facts. I have been treated badly by Ford. A customer deserves better.
I don't even care about a new car. I just want mine fixed. Ford not willing to do what needed to fix the problem.
As I mentioned before, your case was closed and then it was re-opened. I’m doing everything in my power to help where I can, Boss287. From the documentation, your CSM and your dealer are working with you to get this taken care of.

Deysha
Old 3/18/14, 04:45 PM

The nightmare continues. After waiting more than a week for Ford's engineer to look at my vehicle it was again repaired with the sixth time this time with a simple replacement part again. Again within one week for the seventh time since December no cold air. Last time supposedly a Ford engineer looked at the vehicle and could not find what was causing these parts to continually fail. This is now the seventh part that has failed since the compressor was replaced. Ford says they can't find anything wrong with the system that would cause the now seven Freon leaks to develop but for whatever reason refuse to replace the entire AC system, including the compressor that was put in in December, after which all these problems developed.

After the last repair Ford did offer me a few hundred dollars for my inconvenience and not having my car for extended periods of time. That was before the most recent failure. When I brought my car into the dealer today with the air conditioning again not working, I was asked to sign a document so that they could release the check to me. When I read the document I was amazed that Ford was asking me to sign a release of all claims relating to my car in return for a few hundred dollars. This is a car that is still under warranty, still within the lemon law. And without working air-conditioning. Up until this point Ford's actions have only been incompetence. This however is an attempt at consumer fraud and unfair and deceptive trade practices. Fortunately I read the document, others without experience with the legal system would have signed this document and Ford would've gotten away with having that person give up their rights with regard to their car for a paltry few hundred dollars.
Old 3/18/14, 05:02 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After the last repair Ford did offer me a few hundred dollars for my inconvenience and not having my car for extended periods of time. That was before the most recent failure. When I brought my car into the dealer today with the air conditioning again not working, I was asked to sign a document so that they could release the check to me. When I read the document I was amazed that Ford was asking me to sign a release of all claims relating to my car in return for a few hundred dollars.

This however is an attempt at consumer fraud and unfair and deceptive trade practices. Fortunately I read the document, others without experience with the legal system would have signed this document and Ford would've gotten away with having that person give up their rights with regard to their car for a paltry few hundred dollars.

Shady!
Old 3/18/14, 06:24 PM

Ford has just taken this situation down a dirty and sleazy Path.
Old 3/18/14, 06:44 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,221 Likes on 1,659 Posts
Originally Posted by sammerdog
Ford has just taken this situation down a dirty and sleazy Path.
Appears so?
Old 3/25/14, 01:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow... this is a real nightmare.
Be glad you're at least in warranty.

My last '12 GT had the AC go out at 40,000.... 4,000mi out of warranty!!
$1,200 and a new compressor later It worked... for a month. A month later, the condenser cracked... $400 more! The new wife then tells me... it's time to sell this one. So we traded it in on the current Boss 302. No issues yet... (knocks on wood).

No AC in the middle of a Houston, TX summer... not happening again. First time happened on the way to MY wedding.