Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Anyone else getting a front suspension squeak?

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/15, 07:52 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by trongod05
I guess this message is sort of my introduction. I have a 2013 GT and I have had this issue since day 1. Whenever I roll over a speed bump I heard the horrible crunch/squawk/clunk noise from the driver side suspension. Took it in and went through the normal "we can't duplicate the noise". Of course when I drove the car with them in it, they heard the noise. In 2013 with 400 miles they replaced the control arm on the driver side. Problem solved but not quite. The issue is now on the left side. I still have 6 months and 6000 miles worth of warranty so I brought it in. Same thing, "we can't duplicate the problem." I drove it again and reproduced the problem. They had my car for 5 days. Got it home today, pulled into my driveway and the noise is still there. Sounds like an old truck from the 60's. This is so frustrating. I sent a PM to Deysha. Hopefully that user still exists and is helping people resolve their issues.
Originally Posted by SpectreH
Deysha is still around. It is Labor Day weekend though and I think she is off until Tuesday.
Hello trongod05,

Thank you for the PM. As SpectreH mentioned, I was out of the office until today. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 10/6/15, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deysha, I've had the same problem for the life of my mustang, but the problem went unfixed and the squeaking noise is very annoying. In reading this forum, I was surprised to find that this is a common problem. I'm at 36,287 miles so it is no longer warranty. Is there anything you can do to help?
Old 10/9/15, 11:42 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by robmald
Deysha, I've had the same problem for the life of my mustang, but the problem went unfixed and the squeaking noise is very annoying. In reading this forum, I was surprised to find that this is a common problem. I'm at 36,287 miles so it is no longer warranty. Is there anything you can do to help?
Hello robmald,

Welcome to the forum! You will first need to make an appointment and get your vehicle fully diagnosed. Be sure to speak with your service manager if needed. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know the outcome. Have a nice weekend!

Deysha
Old 4/24/19, 09:05 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
Hello 2012CandyRedGT,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. I’d like to escalate this for you. Please PM me with your VIN, mileage, full name, best daytime number, and dealer so I can escalate this to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Deysha
Are you still working & helping people....taking my 2012 GT into dealer tomorrow for similar noise....sounds like cheap low quality struts to me....maybe something else....sqeaking over speed bumps....
Old 5/3/21, 06:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I recently purchased a 2008 Mustang 4.0 Coupe Deluxe for my daughter's first car. It had 115k miles on it. From the Carfax and my personal inspection, it has turned out to be exactly what I was hoping it to be, an all original car that had no history of major mechanical issues. It was just driven by previous owners who had to do nothing to it. I wanted to be the one who performed the first maintenance on it. It had the original serpentine belt, spark plugs, fuel filter filled with very dark brown mirk, totally flat shocks, springs and struts, cloth seats, complete with drivers side hole in the lower outside back rest and totally glazed over headlights. In other words, a perfect car that had never been messed with by a wannabe teen age mechanic.

This forum helped me find the "clunk" in the front end. I read where someone suggested that the fastest, easiest and cheapest first step in the process of elimination is to remove the front stabilizer bar. I removed it and wa-la...no more clunk. Someone had placed a plastic shim behind the passenger side mounting clamp in an attempt to stop the "clunk." That was the first and only shade tree fix that the car had. New bushings are on the way.