Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Anyone else getting a front suspension squeak?

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/12, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Experiencing crunch/creak/squeak noise in front suspension...

Good afternoon Deysha,

is there anyway you could escalate my issue as well? i am experiencing the crunch/squeak noise on bumps and such. In the 15 months that i have owned my 2011 V6 mustang, i have brought into the shop 5 TIMES now for this issue.... and the keep changing the lower control arms.... they have completely swapped out my ENTIRE front end TWICE now for this issue. i have gone to Ford customer service to try and get either a buy back or classify my vehicle as a lemon and trade it out....I got denied by Ford, for reasons unknown as to why they denied me... they gave me one months worth of payment back because the car has been in the shop over 30 days for the year and a half almost that i have owned it. my vehicle qualifies in at least two areas to be a lemon... if there is ANYTHING you can do to help i would be GREATLY APPPRECIATIVE!!!! my daytime phone number is 520-289-6005, and i live in Tucson Az. if you can help me, i will give you my vin or any other info you may need. just give me a call! I just want to get this issue resolved. I am SUPER tired of driving rentals..... i just want to drive my mustang! I am currently serving as an active duty member of the air force and really dont need anymore added stress at the moment, so if you can help please do!

Ssgt Christopher Cacopardo
United States Air Force
Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ
Old 8/15/12, 01:50 PM
GT Member

People stress out in the air force?
Old 1/17/14, 01:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just took my 2013 for the noise issue. Two control arms and they are adding two front stabilizers to correct it from having the issues return. Have to order the parts for Mon. 3hr job. Fords known issue link: Known issue 2011-2013 http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/tsb05-14/tsb12-08-24.pdf
Old 1/17/14, 01:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Known issues 2011-2013 mustangs
www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/2013-Mustang-TSB-Recall

Last edited by ctodd1; 1/17/14 at 01:13 PM.
Old 1/17/14, 11:40 PM

Video of mine making evil noise over bump waiting for parts to come in so dealer can fix long wait here as in dubai it is related to the TSB regarding front end noise so many people have this issue but dealer al Tayer have been really good
http://www.flickr.com/photos/113357290@N03/11737526623
Attached Thumbnails Anyone else getting a front suspension squeak?-image.jpg  
Old 1/19/14, 11:17 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by ctodd1
I just took my 2013 for the noise issue. Two control arms and they are adding two front stabilizers to correct it from having the issues return. Have to order the parts for Mon. 3hr job. Fords known issue link: Known issue 2011-2013 http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/t...sb12-08-24.pdf
This is a very old TSB. 13-7-8 is the latest to fix this issue.
Old 1/20/14, 12:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Make sure you insist that they add the stablizers to the front. Without, the noise will return.
Old 1/21/14, 07:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by iwalkaline58
Can i too? I have a 2012 with the same issue. 9,500 miles and over speed bumps it sounds like a 25+ yr old car. I am not impressed with Ford cutting corners with their products lately.
They've ALWAYS cut corners.
Old 1/23/14, 07:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Thamac15
They've ALWAYS cut corners.
Get yours done at the dealer. http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/t...sb12-08-24.pdf here is the TSB on it.
Old 4/4/14, 04:53 PM

Just got the lower control arms replaced on my 2014 GT. Parts were in stock, job done in under 3 hrs. Excellent service from Kearny Pearson Ford in San Diego, CA. Now......silence! Ahhhh..... The service Mgr told me it's just a noise issue, no problem mechanically. But I like it quiet going over speed bumps. I LOVE my GT!!!

~Harley Frank
Old 4/5/14, 10:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by HarleyFrank
Just got the lower control arms replaced on my 2014 GT. Parts were in stock, job done in under 3 hrs. Excellent service from Kearny Pearson Ford in San Diego, CA. Now......silence! Ahhhh..... The service Mgr told me it's just a noise issue, no problem mechanically. But I like it quiet going over speed bumps. I LOVE my GT!!!

~Harley Frank
This is still happening on 2014's? I don't understand why Ford hasn't fixed this at build?
Old 4/8/14, 11:13 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by HarleyFrank

~Harley Frank
Thank you for the update, HarleyFrank!

Deysha
Old 4/8/14, 11:16 AM
Bullitt Member

I just had my 13 done last month with 1500 miles on her. Four weeks later the noise is returning as a "grunt" anytime you go over a seed bump. Looks like I will be returning soon
Old 4/14/14, 11:40 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ctodd1
I just had my 13 done last month with 1500 miles on her. Four weeks later the noise is returning as a "grunt" anytime you go over a seed bump. Looks like I will be returning soon
I’m happy to get this escalated for you, ctodd1. Make another appointment and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 4/17/14, 12:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My car went in and had the LCA replaced two weeks ago. The car was only two weeks old with 400 miles on it. I hope this isn't a sign of what to expect. I've been a GM owner my entire life and this is my first Ford product. I'm getting concerned when I hear about paint issues, squeaks, manual trans issues, engine ticking issues, etc. It seems you Ford guys are more accepting of manufacturing defects. I can't believe my new car with less than 1k miles is going in for it's second service in one month of ownership.
Old 4/19/14, 07:59 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by scottmoyer
My car went in and had the LCA replaced two weeks ago. The car was only two weeks old with 400 miles on it. I hope this isn't a sign of what to expect. I've been a GM owner my entire life and this is my first Ford product. I'm getting concerned when I hear about paint issues, squeaks, manual trans issues, engine ticking issues, etc. It seems you Ford guys are more accepting of manufacturing defects. I can't believe my new car with less than 1k miles is going in for it's second service in one month of ownership.
You have to read between the complainers and the real issues.

The paint issues were related to contaminated aluminum. I've only seen ONE issue on post 2011 mustangs and it was a show car demo.

The manual tranny is not the issue as much as it's the shifter. Most former mustang owners are not used to the way the shifter is mounted in relation to old models. In stock form you have to be firm/confident yet gentle with shifts. I've personally seen the MT-82 take 700+ whp and 700+ wtq pretty well.

The only issue I see in design is the mid plate is completely opened and sits inside the front plate. Under high acceleration ALL of the oil runs to the back. Mid plates usually are baffled to prevent this. But on the MT-82, with a very thin factory oil, 3rd gear being the front most will get dry quickly. It doesn't really help that it's Chinese metal, but with sub 700 wtq and repeated drag races, it will take pretty much anything you throw at it.

Add a better oil and you'll be fine. If you want a massive amount of tq, a lot of people are adding new mid plates that are appropriately baffled (all custom as of now). Yes thicker oil will make it "more notchy" when cold etc. but again these complaints are from people that IMO have little no know manual transmission experience. What is "more notchy" really? It's funny to see lots of so called experts claim all kinds of bs about the tranny. However very few if any have actually taken it apart. Let's remember folks that Getrag brought us the V16x (supra transmission) which IS to this day the strongest and best tranny ever made. They built the MT-82 in China to Fords specs sure. But they DO know what they are doing.

Current engine ticking issues are caused only from the FRPP tune in rare cases.

The squeaks on the front arms are due to excessive heat from the cats being right by the bushing, melting them pretty much. It took several revisions but for the most part it seems like it's fixed. If you don't want to deal with it, pull the cats and put in test pipes ASAP. With no cats giving off so much heat the problem won't ever arise.

Last edited by typesredline; 4/19/14 at 08:17 PM.
Old 4/19/14, 08:21 PM
Cobra Member

Bottom line. If you go to any forum, you will read stuff that will deter you from your purchase. Tv's, cars, apartments, shoes, etc. I wouldn't let these things worry you. And don't get me started with Chevy problems
Old 4/20/14, 11:20 AM
V6 Member

I'm on my 4th set of LCAs. Dealer says I'm on my 2nd...

I just did Koni Oranges with FRPP P Springs and the noise is back, so the dealer wants to bone me on it because I've 'altered' the car.

It's not like the bushings failed when the car was stock or anything...... /sarcasm.
Old 4/20/14, 08:06 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Stocktastic
I'm on my 4th set of LCAs. Dealer says I'm on my 2nd... I just did Koni Oranges with FRPP P Springs and the noise is back, so the dealer wants to bone me on it because I've 'altered' the car. It's not like the bushings failed when the car was stock or anything...... /sarcasm.
That's the worst man. It's actually illegal for them to do that but most people don't pursue it. If you really wanted to you could tell them that you're getting a lawyer to pursue the Magnuson Moss Act.

Basically they can't not replace it because the car is "altered". They have to prove the shocks and springs created the squeak. Since it did this before, there is a TSB on it, and it's widely publicized to come back, the case would be strongly in your favor.

Or go to a different dealer. I'm fortunate enough to be in reasonable driving distance to Brandon Ford who is know to be fair and honest. I know a couple of people who had issues fixed under warranty no problem even though they were loaded with mods including a tune. These dealers exist. You just gotta find them.
Old 4/20/14, 08:09 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by typesredline
That's the worst man. It's actually illegal for them to do that but most people don't pursue it. If you really wanted to you could tell them that you're getting a lawyer to pursue the Magnuson Moss Act.

Basically they can't not replace it because the car is "altered". They have to prove the shocks and springs created the squeak. Since it did this before, there is a TSB on it, and it's widely publicized to come back, the case would be strongly in your favor.

Or go to a different dealer. I'm fortunate enough to be in reasonable driving distance to Brandon Ford who is know to be fair and honest. I know a couple of people who had issues fixed under warranty no problem even though they were loaded with mods including a tune. These dealers exist. You just gotta find them.
Yeah, I know.

I'm just not paying the $95 for them to tell me it's not the arms, which is what they'll do. I may try another dealer. The current dealer 'forgot' to put oil back in the car at 9900 miles. Yeah.

Quick Reply: Anyone else getting a front suspension squeak?