Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

ABS and Traction Control Issue

Search this Thread

Old 3/22/12, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS and Traction Control Issue

Hey everyone. First post on TMS and unfortunately it is a service related question. I had to take my '12 Boss 302 in today because the ABS and Traction Control lights come on when I hit bumps or divots in the road. It usually stays on for about .5 to 3 miles and then shuts off.

Anyway I took the car into the dealership today at 7am. I was greeted and then told that I probably would not get it fixed today because the service group was backed up. No problem they get backed up, I just asked that they call me to give me an update to let me know if they could get to it today. At noon I had not heard back and tried to call the service tech who checked me, but he was away. I called again at 4pm and could not reach him, so I called the main line and asked to put through to the main service line. Another individual picked up and asked how he could assist. I asked if the service tech who checked me was around. I was able to talk to him and he stated he would check and see if my car was being looked at and would call me back.

I go out to dinner with the family at 5:15 and as I am sipping on my beer and eating pizza, the service guy that checked in my car walks through the door of the restaurant and goes to the bar. So I guess I am not getting my phone call.

So this is my first Ford in 15 years, first mustang, and first real experience with Ford dealership service. Is this normal? I have had Hondas, Chevys, and Kias in my past life and nothing has come close to this bad.
Old 3/23/12, 08:01 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Silnickius
Hey everyone. First post on TMS and unfortunately it is a service related question. I had to take my '12 Boss 302 in today because the ABS and Traction Control lights come on when I hit bumps or divots in the road. It usually stays on for about .5 to 3 miles and then shuts off.
Welcome to the forum, Silnickius. My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and contact info so I can get this escalated to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Deysha
Old 3/23/12, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deysha

Thanks for the help. I reached out to the service manager this morning. I will give him a few hours to work this and then if need be I will send you my info.
Old 3/23/12, 03:05 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Silnickius
Deysha

Thanks for the help. I reached out to the service manager this morning. I will give him a few hours to work this and then if need be I will send you my info.
No problem, Silnickius.

Deysha