Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2014 GT TP Clutch chatter?

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/13, 11:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GT TP Clutch chatter?

When I press the clutch in as I shift gears, I hear a chattering sound. It sounds like the pressure plate is bouncing off of the flywheel. Is this normal? I don't expect the car to be whisper silent, I'm just not used to this much clutch noise.
Old 2/25/13, 09:47 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by fdesalvo
When I press the clutch in as I shift gears, I hear a chattering sound. It sounds like the pressure plate is bouncing off of the flywheel. Is this normal? I don't expect the car to be whisper silent, I'm just not used to this much clutch noise.
Mine does the same... i attributed it to being a rear wheel drive car. My Jeep did the same thing too. Every front wheel drive standard i have ever been in didn't make this sound.

Similar to a "CLACK CLAck Clack clack" sound when you press the clutch in with some load on it?
Old 2/25/13, 09:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Sieran
Mine does the same... i attributed it to being a rear wheel drive car. My Jeep did the same thing too. Every front wheel drive standard i have ever been in didn't make this sound.

Similar to a "CLACK CLAck Clack clack" sound when you press the clutch in with some load on it?
That's the sound lol. Sometimes it doesn't do it at all. It may be a finesse thing.