Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2013 - What's everyone doing about the paint bubbling these days? 2013 GT

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/17, 09:41 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 - What's everyone doing about the paint bubbling these days? 2013 GT

So my 2013 has started developing the dreaded hood oxidation and it's taken hold quickly. The car is a few months shy of 5 years old, has 57k on it, and never sees winter or road salt. We've had some really nice weather so pulled her out of the garage for the first time since the end of November and went to the dealer to get the oil changed, finally schedule the airbag recall fix, and see about this paint issue.

I asked service about the oxidation and they were adamant that warranty is 3/36. I go I thought paint and body was 5 year and was told that was only for perforation. I tell them I think there's a TSB out there for them and the hoods are aluminum so we both know no perforation is going to occur. He agreed and said we'll take a look at it when I bring it in for the airbag but it might ultimately be up to higher management at the dealer.

Anybody have any luck getting Ford to take care of this outside of the 3/36? Do we still have Deysha or another Ford rep that hangs around here that might be able to help out? Thanks!

EDIT: Also just realized there is already a thread about this issue just down the page that I somehow missed....

Last edited by Bandit79; 2/21/17 at 09:44 AM.