Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2013 Mustang 5.0L Engine Tick Resolved

Search this Thread

Old 9/13/13, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2013 Mustang 5.0L Engine Tick Resolved

Here is the engine tick I had with the Air Conditioning On

You can see as soon as the Air Conditioning was turned Off the noise went away

Doing some research on these forums, it looked like the issue was associated with TSB 12-8-14:
http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/t...sb12-08-14.pdf

Step 1: Took the car into the dealership to have them confirm that the issue was related to the AC drive belt idler pulley.

Step 2: Scheduled an appointment for a few days later once they were able to secure the needed parts.

Step 3: Went to dealership, and they executed the TSB without issue and fairly quickly.

Step 4: Confirmed issue was resolved, went home happy!!

Considering there are a few thousand parts on a car, coming from suppliers all over the globe, with a few hundred thousand employees at all those suppliers combined along with Ford employees engineering and working on a machine that can eat decayed dinasaurs and launch me with 420+hp with stability well past 140mph, I do expect issues to come up every once in a while.

I've always been able to rely on Ford Service to do the right thing in a timely manner and they have never let me down. This is why I will always own a Ford.
Old 9/13/13, 07:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool! Thanks for sharing this.
Old 9/16/13, 08:33 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Nice! Glad your problem was resolved quickly! Love hearing stories like this.
Old 9/17/13, 08:29 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by RCMustang06
Here is the engine tick I had with the Air Conditioning On
You can see as soon as the Air Conditioning was turned Off the noise went away
Doing some research on these forums, it looked like the issue was associated with TSB 12-8-14:
http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/t...sb12-08-14.pdf

Step 1: Took the car into the dealership to have them confirm that the issue was related to the AC drive belt idler pulley.

Step 2: Scheduled an appointment for a few days later once they were able to secure the needed parts.

Step 3: Went to dealership, and they executed the TSB without issue and fairly quickly.

Step 4: Confirmed issue was resolved, went home happy!!

Considering there are a few thousand parts on a car, coming from suppliers all over the globe, with a few hundred thousand employees at all those suppliers combined along with Ford employees engineering and working on a machine that can eat decayed dinosaurs and launch me with 420+hp with stability well past 140mph, I do expect issues to come up every once in a while.

I've always been able to rely on Ford Service to do the right thing in a timely manner and they have never let me down. This is why I will always own a Ford.
This is great, RCMustang06! Thanks for sharing!

Deysha