Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2012 Mustang GT Squeaky suspension came back after dealer fixed it.

Search this Thread

Old 9/16/11, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have more of a rattle that that sounds like it is in the drivers door as best I can place it. Just a little bit of gas and you can hear what sounds like something roll down the door and then when you just easy on the brakes it sounds like it rolls back. Will only do it the one time. After you get it to do it on the gas it will not come back until you slow down and vice versa. It has gone away before so have had trouble locating it.
Old 9/16/11, 06:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabala
I have more of a rattle that that sounds like it is in the drivers door as best I can place it. Just a little bit of gas and you can hear what sounds like something roll down the door and then when you just easy on the brakes it sounds like it rolls back. Will only do it the one time. After you get it to do it on the gas it will not come back until you slow down and vice versa. It has gone away before so have had trouble locating it.
door panels are very easy to remove. Not at all like the older cars. Check it out
Old 9/19/11, 07:49 AM

I went for a ride later and when going up an off ramp managed to get it to make the noise swerving hard back and forth going up the ramp. At the top I would let the car roll back down a bit and the pull forward and hit the brakes. I did it a few times with the door open so I dont think it was in the door like I first thought. But I did manage to get what ever it was to stop for now must have jammed itself somewhere. But has gone away before so I will not be suprised if it comes back.
Old 10/27/11, 01:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Did this problem get narrowed down any. I have the noise now but being in Italy I cant just keep going back and forth to a dealer. Not to mention the ones here in Naples look like ****. I'll probably drive two hours and take it to a dealer in Rome.
Old 10/27/11, 01:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Zoldier
Did this problem get narrowed down any. I have the noise now but being in Italy I cant just keep going back and forth to a dealer. Not to mention the ones here in Naples look like ****. I'll probably drive two hours and take it to a dealer in Rome.
After taking my car to the dealer 3 times and having 3 control arms put in I figured out what the problem is. It's the temperature outside. When I drove my car in the summer 90+ degree weather the control arms would squeak despite having the replacements. It is about 50 degree here now in New York and the squeak is gone.
Old 10/27/11, 11:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the update. I only have 3000 miles on mine right now but the car was on a boat for most of the summer on its way here. Now its in the 60s/70s and I hear it more. Its annoying as hell. I thought it was the bad roads here but I see a lot of other guys are having the issue as well.
Old 10/29/11, 09:21 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Zoldier
Thanks for the update. I only have 3000 miles on mine right now but the car was on a boat for most of the summer on its way here. Now its in the 60s/70s and I hear it more. Its annoying as hell. I thought it was the bad roads here but I see a lot of other guys are having the issue as well.
If you are military, take it to the Auto Hobby Shop on base, put it on the lift and spray WD-40 or Silicon on the bushings. I used Silicon when I was overseas, every time I changed the oil, I would spray the bushings on all the suspension components, and wipe them down. No squeeks. Hope this helps.
Old 10/29/11, 10:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
the silicone grease spray they used wore off. That was a bogus fix....

^^^^^^Agree..
Old 9/21/12, 02:30 AM

Couldn't they just upgrade to the gt500 front LCA Which have stiffer bushing.
Old 5/12/13, 07:00 AM
V6 Member

hey all, I am having the same issue in my 2013 GT. I had new LCA's replaced by my dealer recently. I thought the noise was fixed when they replaced the LCAs, but the weather this week was unseasonably cool and I did not drive much. Now that the weather here in Florida is close to 90 degrees from now until October, I suspect the noise will never go away! The groaning/clunking noise is back. Nothing Ford did to fix the noise by replacing control arms worked! I really believe the LCA work they did was pointless especially since the car is a MY2013. To top it off, the Ford dealer's senior technician tells me he's replaced multiple sets of the same LCAs on the same customer's car and for me to probably expect that to happen to my car. This is not very comforting or encouraging. I told the dealer and mechanics the clunking noise acts up when the car is warmed up and the under carriage is hot. When the technicians drove in the car with me they heard it too. Both said the noise is the LCA's, but they weren't 100% sure either. The first technician said everything was tight (Springs, shocks, shock mounts all checked and torqued to specs). Sway bars and other components all ok. Bottom line, after the car sits for a good length of time, or is first driven in the morning, there is no noise. As the day warms up, or when the car is driven any length of time, driving slow over any bump produces the MOST ANNOYING GROWNING/CLUNKING NOISE (and is even more pronounced with more than one passenger in the car). I'm completely at a loss and considering trading it in for another non-Ford vehicle.
Old 5/14/13, 11:05 AM

I googled this problem and the results brought me here. I have had the exact same issue with my 2012 GT Premium. I bought the car used with 6K miles on it, drove it for about two months...and then the noise came. Brought it to Ford and they replaced both LCAs. All was well. About a month or two goes by and it comes back! I take it to Ford and they once again swap out the LCAs. All was well. One weekend goes by and the noise returns again! I take it back to Ford and they say it must be a faulty strut. They replace my front left struts and bushings. I go to pick up my ride, the service tech is all smiles thinking they have finally fixed it, he even turns the car left and right as he is sitting in front of me...no noise. I jump in, say goodbye, drive about 10 feet, and the noise comes back! I back up 10 feet, walk into the service area and explain that the problem has definitely not been resolved. He goes and gets a mechanic to ride along with me, we drive 10 feet and he says..."It has to be the sway bar". I'm going nuts at this point! The sway bar finally came in yesterday and was replaced on the spot. All was well on the drive home. What do I hear when I pull out of my garage this morning???? THE NOISE IS BACK! Time to start researching lemon laws I guess : (
Old 5/14/13, 04:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by USAF5.0
I googled this problem and the results brought me here. I have had the exact same issue with my 2012 GT Premium. I bought the car used with 6K miles on it, drove it for about two months...and then the noise came. Brought it to Ford and they replaced both LCAs. All was well. About a month or two goes by and it comes back! I take it to Ford and they once again swap out the LCAs. All was well. One weekend goes by and the noise returns again! I take it back to Ford and they say it must be a faulty strut. They replace my front left struts and bushings. I go to pick up my ride, the service tech is all smiles thinking they have finally fixed it, he even turns the car left and right as he is sitting in front of me...no noise. I jump in, say goodbye, drive about 10 feet, and the noise comes back! I back up 10 feet, walk into the service area and explain that the problem has definitely not been resolved. He goes and gets a mechanic to ride along with me, we drive 10 feet and he says..."It has to be the sway bar". I'm going nuts at this point! The sway bar finally came in yesterday and was replaced on the spot. All was well on the drive home. What do I hear when I pull out of my garage this morning???? THE NOISE IS BACK! Time to start researching lemon laws I guess : (
I sued Ford, won 12,000$.. That doesn't fix the issues of poor engineering. My advice, get out of the car and don't buy Ford.
Old 5/14/13, 05:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Does this effect any Bosses? I haven't had any issues on mine and not sure I've heard of any other ones.

Last edited by UnrealFord; 5/14/13 at 05:45 PM.
Old 5/14/13, 05:53 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by UnrealFord
Does this effect any Bosses? I haven't had any issues on mine and not sure I've heard of any other ones.
I don't think it effects the Boss 302 or Shelby trims.
Old 5/14/13, 05:56 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by TwistedKarma

I sued Ford, won 12,000$.. That doesn't fix the issues of poor engineering. My advice, get out of the car and don't buy Ford.
wow... this is nuts.. I am on three other posts here about the very same noise..Sheesh, may be time to dump my car too
Old 5/14/13, 06:02 PM
V6 Member

The sad thing is that I waited 20 years to buy another Ford product only to endure the same disappointed experience. Ford Customer service (Daysha) is on these forums and is doing nothing to help. Been waiting 10 days for help after I contacted them. Someone named "Autumn" called me back but she was just a low level rep and did NOTHING to help me either. I finally had no choice but to ask her not to call me back out of frustration. My previous car was a BMW 3 series. BMW bent over backwards to service my car when needed. They cared about quality even though they too have maintenance issues. Ford on the other hand is doing NOTHING!!!
Old 5/14/13, 08:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Pony-Ride
The sad thing is that I waited 20 years to buy another Ford product only to endure the same disappointed experience. Ford Customer service (Daysha) is on these forums and is doing nothing to help. Been waiting 10 days for help after I contacted them. Someone named "Autumn" called me back but she was just a low level rep and did NOTHING to help me either. I finally had no choice but to ask her not to call me back out of frustration. My previous car was a BMW 3 series. BMW bent over backwards to service my car when needed. They cared about quality even though they too have maintenance issues. Ford on the other hand is doing NOTHING!!!
Yeah, but you get what you pay for with BMW. I had a 2010 M3 and they were great about service. It was tuned and highly modded and they didn't seem to care.
Old 5/14/13, 08:10 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mikeyt03

Yeah, but you get what you pay for with BMW. I had a 2010 M3 and they were great about service. It was tuned and highly modded and they didn't seem to care.
very true
Old 5/16/13, 10:00 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Pony-Ride
hey all, I am having the same issue in my 2013 GT. I had new LCA's replaced by my dealer recently. I thought the noise was fixed when they replaced the LCAs, but the weather this week was unseasonably cool and I did not drive much...
I understand your frustration, but you should get your case reopened, Pony-Ride. This way we can ensure this is addressed.

Originally Posted by USAF5.0
I googled this problem and the results brought me here. I have had the exact same issue with my 2012 GT Premium. I bought the car used with 6K miles on it, drove it for about two months...and then the noise came. Brought it to Ford and they replaced both LCAs. All was well. About a month or two goes by and it comes back! I take it to Ford and they once again swap out the LCAs. All was well. One weekend goes by and the noise returns again!
Welcome to the forum, USAF5.0! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Let me escalate this to the customer service manager for your area as well. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
Old 5/16/13, 11:45 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
I understand your frustration, but you should get your case reopened, Pony-Ride. This way we can ensure this is addressed.

Welcome to the forum, USAF5.0! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Let me escalate this to the customer service manager for your area as well. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
I am actually at the same Ford Dealership now. They're rebalancing my wheels. I spoke to a few employees here and got the feeling nothing more may change the issue. So I am at a loss what to do and may just think and pray on it for some time. I do not have peace as to what I should do.

Quick Reply: 2012 Mustang GT Squeaky suspension came back after dealer fixed it.