Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2012 Mustang GT Squeaky suspension came back after dealer fixed it.

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/11, 11:20 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Will3212
yeah it was probably the bad batch of parts. So when i take it to the dealer wednesday should I tell them this or just don't say a word and just tell them the suspension is acting up again with the same exact noise.
just drop the car off.

beers
Old 6/20/11, 12:16 AM
Bullitt Member

I just got home from driving it to the store. It's weird, like sometimes you can't really hear it and another time it'd be loud. I think when I first start driving...when the car is cold it's not very noticeable, after 15 minutes of driving it the squeak is loud.
Old 6/20/11, 06:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
yeah it was probably the bad batch of parts. So when i take it to the dealer wednesday should I tell them this or just don't say a word and just tell them the suspension is acting up again with the same exact noise.
If there is a technical service bulletin (TSB) or special service message (SSM) published for the service technicians, the dealership should be able to look it up. When I've had multiple trips to resolve an issue, I've generally asked the service adviser if he or she has heard of specific information in their system which documents the symptoms I had and what diagnosis work has been done. That's me, however, because I want to understand any root causes.
Old 6/20/11, 06:23 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
i just messaged deysha with my vin number, dealer info, and contact information. I'm bringing it in Wednesday you think they'll find the problem this time? the squeak is very bad and loud
Thank you for the info Will3212. I will get to it as soon as I can.

Deysha
Old 6/20/11, 06:53 AM
Bullitt Member

I just got the call from the dealer saying that the new control arms are in (with bushings), and that they want me to bring in the car; Ford gave them a list of things to check, and I had asked them to order the CAs in advance so I didn't have the car sitting there for a week. I'll take it in sometime this week and post back with the results.
Old 6/20/11, 09:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Alright I don't know if I should bring in the car Wednesday. Tonight the noise seems to have gone away I can't hear it. The problem is sometimes the squeak noise will be there and sometimes it won't. What should I do? I don't want to bring it in and the dealer tells me everything is fine. I don't know when the noise will be back, and i don't know how to get rid of the noise forever. It's only there sometimes.
Old 6/21/11, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Alright I don't know if I should bring in the car Wednesday. Tonight the noise seems to have gone away I can't hear it. The problem is sometimes the squeak noise will be there and sometimes it won't. What should I do? I don't want to bring it in and the dealer tells me everything is fine. I don't know when the noise will be back, and i don't know how to get rid of the noise forever. It's only there sometimes.
I have noticed that it is much more pronounced and noticeable if the car has been running for a little while (half hour). When it's cold, it's hard to hear, which may add to the trouble diagnosing since the tech isn't going to cruise around for half an hour in it. Maybe see if you can make an appointment for a tech to drive it to listen to it warm, then drive for a bit before your arrival.
Old 6/21/11, 08:11 PM

I've have a pretty loud creak that comes and goes not so much a squeak. It's only in the front right. They have lubricated it already and it wet away and returned.

J1000 - do you remember that range of dates and what they check?
Old 6/21/11, 10:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stick
I've have a pretty loud creak that comes and goes not so much a squeak. It's only in the front right. They have lubricated it already and it wet away and returned.

I guess mine is a "creak" also. I don't really know how to describe it...it sounds like a very old spring mattress when you jump on the mattress the springs make that noise. I drove the car tonight, last night, and the day before and the car seems to have gone away. The noise is there sometimes and sometimes it's perfect. When the noise is there, it's loud. So you just took it to the dealer and they lubricated it that's it? are you going to take it back a 2nd time and tell them the noise is still there? also, when the car is cold do you get a weight buzz sound from the transmission? the noise goes away after the car is warm

Last edited by Will3212; 6/21/11 at 10:26 PM.
Old 6/22/11, 08:39 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm dropping it off in the morning now that they received advance order replacement control arms and bushings (I asked them to get the parts in advance because I didn't want the car sitting for a week waiting for parts, which they did). I'll post back with the outcome after I pick it up (should be ready in the afternoon).

Last edited by J1000; 6/23/11 at 05:14 PM.
Old 6/23/11, 05:16 PM
Bullitt Member

I just picked it up, and so far so good. I didn't get a chance to drive it more than about 15 minutes on the way home, but it seems to be resolved for the moment. I'll post back tomorrow after I've driven it more. They replaced both LCAs (with bushings as well).
Old 6/24/11, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I just got back from the dealer. The tech. rode in the passenger seat of my car and we both heard the noise. He said he'll call Ford to find out what else can be done. He already replaced the control arms and bushings last month, it was good for a month after but now the creak noise is back. He said the dealer will give me a call sometime next week to tell me what Ford tells them. I can't believe none of the technicians know how to take care of a simple squeak noise from the suspension. I have a 2012 GT with just 1200 miles on it. The control arms were replaced already at 500 miles.
Old 6/26/11, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Stick

Mine just started yesterday making a creaking noise.. Definitely suspension/chassis related, and it only came on when taking off from a stop, and when the car had been running for a while. After it cooled down, it was MUCH less pronounced. If it's just a noisy bushing I'm not gonna worry about it. If it's something that's cracked or broken, I will. Too bad I have to take it in to the freaking dealer to find out.
FWIW it's a '12(GT-Brembo pkg) with 900 miles on it/Feb '11 build date(and wtf is up with making next year's cars one month into the CURRENT year?)

Last edited by yokev; 6/26/11 at 01:38 AM.
Old 8/22/11, 06:23 AM

Noise from front

I have a 2010 Mustang GT Premium with the same noise coming from the front. I brought it to the dealer "Flood Ford", RI about 6 times now. 1st time, they said it was the control arms (they replaced). 2nd time, possible bad control arms and replaced again. 3rd time, they said it was the bushings lubed it with silicon. 4th replaced the bushings and they promised me it was good, no day later the noise was back. 5th time returned and also went to speak to their GM about this issue. Their service manager also heard and felt he noise along with lead tech. They contacted Ford about this, and Ford said possible sway bar, remove listen see if noise continues if not replace. My mustang has been sitting for a week at the dealership. After day 3 they called me saying they can't get the noise back. They assume it was moisture and iffy about replacing the sway bar now. I told them "I will get the car once they totally confirm the noise is gone, I cannot keep bringing the car in and losing 3-5 hrs weekly or every other week from work for the same issue."
Old 8/23/11, 07:43 AM
V6 Member

I have the same noises, and the car is at the dealer now getting fixed. I don't have the time to keep bringing it back, so I hope they can fix it correctly the first time. Between the brakes and the suspension squeaking, my car is attracting a lot of attention for all the wrong reasons.
Old 9/14/11, 12:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BRIANGT
I have a 2010 Mustang GT Premium with the same noise coming from the front. I brought it to the dealer "Flood Ford", RI about 6 times now. 1st time, they said it was the control arms (they replaced). 2nd time, possible bad control arms and replaced again. 3rd time, they said it was the bushings lubed it with silicon. 4th replaced the bushings and they promised me it was good, no day later the noise was back. 5th time returned and also went to speak to their GM about this issue. Their service manager also heard and felt he noise along with lead tech. They contacted Ford about this, and Ford said possible sway bar, remove listen see if noise continues if not replace. My mustang has been sitting for a week at the dealership. After day 3 they called me saying they can't get the noise back. They assume it was moisture and iffy about replacing the sway bar now. I told them "I will get the car once they totally confirm the noise is gone, I cannot keep bringing the car in and losing 3-5 hrs weekly or every other week from work for the same issue."
today was my 4th time bringing it in for this noise. I'm on my 3rd control arm. The service manager said they are going to contact Ford through the hotline to find out what Ford wants them to do. He said he'll call me back within a week. Like you said, I can't keep bringing it back and losing hours of work every week.
Old 9/14/11, 08:52 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Crap..... My 2012 Boss 302 with 2563 miles just started the front end squeak this afternoon while in the parking lot of the FORD dealer going over speed bump. Got an appointment to bring it in this Friday.

I was at the dealer to look at the new Roush RS3 the dealer just unloaded. It was black with Green / Silver stripes. Very sharp looking!!

PS... No i have no intentions of trading my car for it. Was just looking at the new bad boy Roush created...very sweet car
Old 9/14/11, 09:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Crap..... My 2012 Boss 302 with 2563 miles just started the front end squeak this afternoon while in the parking lot of the FORD dealer going over speed bump. Got an appointment to bring it in this Friday.

I was at the dealer to look at the new Roush RS3 the dealer just unloaded. It was black with Green / Silver stripes. Very sharp looking!!

PS... No i have no intentions of trading my car for it. Was just looking at the new bad boy Roush created...very sweet car
how does the squeak sound like? like the springs of an old broken mattress right
Old 9/15/11, 06:01 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
how does the squeak sound like? like the springs of an old broken mattress right
Correct...
Old 9/15/11, 12:11 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
today was my 4th time bringing it in for this noise.
Hi Will3212,

Yours will be taken care of next week. I can’t wait to see you enjoying your ride again!

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Hey MyStang2010GB,

Please private message me with your VIN, contact info, and dealer so I can escalate this to your Customer Service Manager in that zone. This will help you get this resolved.

Deysha

Quick Reply: 2012 Mustang GT Squeaky suspension came back after dealer fixed it.