Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2011 Shelby GT500 SVT 1-2 shift problem

Old 2/10/15, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Shelby GT500 SVT 1-2 shift problem

I just purchased a 2011 Shelby GT500 SVT with 48,000 miles. The vehicle is pristine and in factory configuration. I noticed the 1-2 gear change felt strange during the initial test drive, but wasn't aware of the gravity of it till after buying it and realizing it was significantly worse when under hard acceleration. Unless I perform a slow forceful shift with the clutch pressed entirely to the floor, I experience a nasty grind and usually a rejected gear selection. I've looked through forums on here and discovered this was a wide spread issue and that ultimately, the solution was to PM Deysha on here and request that she push the fix through your dealer. I've PM'd her but not sure if she is still active or responsible for this type of thing anymore as those post were back from I think like 2012.

Anyone have any suggestions/solutions?

Samuel Hamid
2011 Ford Shelby GT500 SVT
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Shelby GT500 SVT 1-2 shift problem-img_4146.jpg  
Old 2/10/15, 07:39 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Deysha is still active and should return your PM.
Old 2/10/15, 07:47 AM

Thank you!
Old 2/10/15, 10:09 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SamuelHamid
I just purchased a 2011 Shelby GT500 SVT with 48,000 miles. The vehicle is pristine and in factory configuration. I noticed the 1-2 gear change felt strange during the initial test drive, but wasn't aware of the gravity of it till after buying it and realizing it was significantly worse when under hard acceleration. Unless I perform a slow forceful shift with the clutch pressed entirely to the floor, I experience a nasty grind and usually a rejected gear selection. I've looked through forums on here and discovered this was a wide spread issue and that ultimately, the solution was to PM Deysha on here and request that she push the fix through your dealer. I've PM'd her but not sure if she is still active or responsible for this type of thing anymore as those post were back from I think like 2012.
I’m definitely still active, SamuelHamid! At this point, I will need you to have your vehicle fully diagnosed at your Ford Dealer. Be sure to speak with your service manager, as he is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know what they say.

Originally Posted by farsidejunky
Deysha is still active and should return your PM.
Thanks for the support, farsidejunky!

Deysha
Old 2/10/15, 02:06 PM

Thank you very much Deysha. I have made an appointment on Monday for 5:00 and will let you know what they tell me. Last night, the problem was entirely gone, I was considering not having the issue addressed but then was disappointed today when it was worse than ever. Seems to come and go and have not had it long enough to figure out what variables affect it. All I know is that when it's acting up, I must wait for the RPMs to return to idle, press the clutch all the way to the floor, and finesse the shifter into 2nd.
Old 2/10/15, 02:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love a silver stripe delete car...
Old 2/11/15, 08:49 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SamuelHamid
Thank you very much Deysha. I have made an appointment on Monday for 5:00 and will let you know what they tell me. Last night, the problem was entirely gone, I was considering not having the issue addressed but then was disappointed today when it was worse than ever. Seems to come and go and have not had it long enough to figure out what variables affect it. All I know is that when it's acting up, I must wait for the RPMs to return to idle, press the clutch all the way to the floor, and finesse the shifter into 2nd.
You’re very welcome, SamuelHamid! Let me know the outcome.

Deysha