Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2011 gt engine light

Search this Thread

Old 6/23/12, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 gt engine light

So my engine light came on a month ago and i used my scanner and it told me that my motor was running too lean. It gave me code p0174. I cleared it thinking it couldve been an error or fluke. A week ago it came on again an the scanner told me the same code. This time i didnt clear it. However a day later the engine light turned off by itself. Should i take it to ford? Should i be concerned? The powertrain warranty is still intact, but probably wont cover it because the issue isnt with lubricated parts... I think. My only mod is a cai by c&l.
Old 6/23/12, 10:26 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
CAI without a tune will be you problem man. Is you car tuned also? If not a tuner should take care of if.
Old 6/24/12, 06:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by 08ljensen
So my engine light came on a month ago and i used my scanner and it told me that my motor was running too lean. It gave me code p0174. I cleared it thinking it couldve been an error or fluke. A week ago it came on again an the scanner told me the same code. This time i didnt clear it. However a day later the engine light turned off by itself. Should i take it to ford? Should i be concerned? The powertrain warranty is still intact, but probably wont cover it because the issue isnt with lubricated parts... I think. My only mod is a cai by c&l.
If all you've done is put an intake on but not a tune, the intake shouldn't be making the engine run lean. I'd definitely go to the dealer, as a blown motor is going to cost far more than whatever problem you have now.
Old 6/24/12, 07:03 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 08ljensen
If you put the CAI on yourself make sure everything is tight with no leaks. Leaks will cause this code.