Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2011 a/c issue

Search this Thread

Old 3/20/13, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 a/c issue

My 2011 stang is making a clicking noise from the dash when you turn the key on. Also if I don't drive it for a week the battery is dead. I was told there is a valve assembly that has gears that are stripped. I am told ithas a home position and it kills the battery trying to put the valve into home position. I heard it is in the a/c and it needs replaced. What is the name of this part? How hard is it to replace? The wife says I should be a mechanic, or is it a pain in the rear and should I have it done
Old 3/20/13, 09:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
If you still have a warranty take it to a dealer. I had a similar issue with my 07 GT and the dealer fixed it in a couple of hours.
Old 3/20/13, 09:28 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by blueovalfever
My 2011 stang is making a clicking noise from the dash when you turn the key on. Also if I don't drive it for a week the battery is dead. I was told there is a valve assembly that has gears that are stripped. I am told ithas a home position and it kills the battery trying to put the valve into home position. I heard it is in the a/c and it needs replaced. What is the name of this part? How hard is it to replace? The wife says I should be a mechanic, or is it a pain in the rear and should I have it done
Hello blueovalfever,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service, and I recommend you have your vehicles diagnosed at your Ford dealer. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. He can check into any assistance, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. Let me know the outcome.

Also, we have a Vehicle Storage section in your Owner’s Guide (3rd Printing), on page 301. It gives you the step by step on what to do and look for. Have a good one!

Deysha
Old 5/2/13, 06:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just started having the same exact issue.. now my battery is dead after not driving the car for 3 days..
Old 5/2/13, 07:17 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That would be the ac blender, it happened on my car litterly only aftera few months of owning it and they fixed it, havent had an issue since with it. But since ponyracer brought up the battery issue, I did also have one with mine.

I had gone to visit a friend an hour away, pulled over a take a quick pee...in the woods. Came back to the car, put my key in and heard a weird power down noise. Car was cmpletely dead. I couldnt even shut the door because without power the window wouldnt go down like it slightly does. After a quick nose around under the door and touching near the battery terminal I recieved the shock of a lifetime

Anywho it turned out my 2 yr old battery had a dead cell go figure, just something to throw out there if it helps. The shock wasnt fun, but it did restore power and allow me to drive back home. They also replaced the battery under warranty as well, that was last year.

Last edited by Praetorian730; 5/2/13 at 07:19 PM.