Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

13 GT/CS rear diff chatter AGAIN, ever going to be fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 10/5/14 | 03:15 PM

13 GT/CS rear diff chatter AGAIN, ever going to be fixed?

In a few wks my 13 mustang will be 2yrs old & I've owned it since new. When first hitting a year old & then again another 7-8mo later I have the joys of a terrible rearend chatter that can be heard AND felt in the steering wheel anytime you turn it, once the vehicle is hot. It is not only embarrassing to be "that guy in the nice new car making a hellacious noise" but even worse that it's been to 3 dealers, left for days at a time, the rear clutch pack replaced & now dealing with it doing the same thing again. My local dealer in Joplin clearly didn't feel the need to take the time & do the extended test drive needed (or possibly anything) to find the problem. They just pointed to the tsb about the noise being normal for the materials used in the make up of the parts.
After leaving it there at least 2-3 times, I moved for work & tried another dealer based on recommendation. First off--Bob Allen Ford In OP & Chris Casby are the only people that seriously addressed my issue & fixed it, although that only lasted about 8mo. Now I have moved again & tried yet another dealer, where it's been for over a week. Their first response was that's tire noise. I get that I'm a girl, but def not a dumb one & have worked in ford service & work with vehicle damages everyday in my current job. I told the rep it must not be making the noise for them then & that he's welcome to warranty the tires if that's the cause since they came from Ford with the car. Lol
They want me to waste my time taking a tech on a test drive drive & as I work for a living I do not have time nor feel like its my job to do their job. There is no denying the noise the car makes or the feeling in the steering wheel that would require me being there to point it out--it is obnoxious. The car is always garaged & I travel for work so it's not driven daily but always serviced on time & zero mods, with only 23k miles. This is my first real commitment to leaving the import world & buying some american muscle & it makes me sad to have had this problem since the beautiful car was a year old but I am about at my wits end & ready to trade it off. Also, this second round of rearend chatter came with a fluid leak as I noticed the drivers side of the rear axle was soaked, so it sat parked for about 2mo to not make it worse & before I could arrange a ride & get it to the shop.
I would also like to note that the ONLY dealership that offered alternate transportation (and did so immediately) was Bob Allen Ford. I've also pm'd Deysha thanks to finally stumbling onto this forum after my months of searching online for answers.

Last edited by Missbrown0138; 10/5/14 at 03:19 PM.