Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Which wires in dome area are 12V/GND pics included

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/13, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which wires in dome area are 12V/GND pics included

I'm about to wire my Valentine 1 with a BlendMount Mirror Tap:

Blendmount.com - MirrorTap Power Cords

I can't find a consistant answer on which is 12V and Ground. I'm fairly confident black/yellow is ground and white is power as both of those run to each map light. Would that be a good location to stick the mirror tap, as in would those only be switched (powered) when the vehicle was on?

I've noticed sitting in my car, keys out, once the mirror lights go off, I can't turn them back on so I assume that would be a good location.

Someone on another forum said 12V was blue (blue and purple?) and black/yellow was ground.

Thank you for the help!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Which wires in dome area are 12V/GND pics included-img_2473.jpg   Which wires in dome area are 12V/GND pics included-img_2476.jpg  
Old 9/4/13, 07:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.iihs.net/fsm/?dir=710&vie...%20Console.pdf

Looks like Black/Yellow is Ground, and Grey/Violet and Yellow/Green are BOTH +12v. Blue/Red is +12v constant, the other two are battery saver (off with key).
Old 9/4/13, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by ColSaulTigh
http://www.iihs.net/fsm/?dir=710&vie...%20Console.pdf

Looks like Black/Yellow is Ground, and Grey/Violet and Yellow/Green are BOTH +12v. Blue/Red is +12v constant, the other two are battery saver (off with key).
Thank you!

For power (switched with key) would you go for the Grey/Violet, Yellow/Green or Blue/Red. I'm assuming you meant G/V or Y/G would be the best.

Thanks!
Old 9/5/13, 07:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mustangman55
Thank you!

For power (switched with key) would you go for the Grey/Violet, Yellow/Green or Blue/Red. I'm assuming you meant G/V or Y/G would be the best.

Thanks!
I would use Yellow/Green, as it's in-line with the battery saver - just to be safe.
Old 9/6/13, 12:56 PM

Yellow/Green is constant 12V
Gray/Purple is constant 12V

What the hell gives? I'm using black/yellow as ground. The radar detector is working perfectly but won't turn off with the car. I thought there was a switched 12V up there????

This car has had its windshield replaced and I can't get a trim tool between the new silicone and the A pillar otherwise I'd run the **** thing up there.

I have it working, but it's not switched.

Last edited by mustangman55; 9/6/13 at 01:24 PM.
Old 9/8/13, 02:39 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mustangman55
I'm about to wire my Valentine 1 with a BlendMount Mirror Tap:

Blendmount.com - MirrorTap Power Cords

I can't find a consistant answer on which is 12V and Ground. I'm fairly confident black/yellow is ground and white is power as both of those run to each map light. Would that be a good location to stick the mirror tap, as in would those only be switched (powered) when the vehicle was on?

I've noticed sitting in my car, keys out, once the mirror lights go off, I can't turn them back on so I assume that would be a good location.

Someone on another forum said 12V was blue (blue and purple?) and black/yellow was ground.

Thank you for the help!!!!
Here is where I get my ACC power. Its the middle connector by the passenger side fuse box. Purple with green stripe. The one with the red wire taped to it in picture. The dome only has hot (Yellow), and dome hot (Grey w/ purple stripe).
There is a good vehicle ground behind the glove box. Squeeze the sides in and pull it down to access.

Last edited by 5th Stang; 9/8/13 at 02:41 AM.