Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Unlock DVD in motion

Search this Thread

Old 9/4/10, 12:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unlock DVD in motion

Stuck in stop-and-go traffic for over an hour... Is there a button combination so I can watch DVDs while it is not in park?
Old 9/4/10, 01:01 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am not 100% sure but I think you just need to change the ground and install a switch.
Old 9/4/10, 08:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
No, don't do it. Because if you have it in stop n go, you'll still be watching it and not the traffic... *boink.*

Or worse, you'll be using it all the time, not just stop n go.

Don't encourage this, people. This is as bad an idea as remote start on a manual. And we know what happened then...

/*sploosh!*
Old 9/4/10, 09:08 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I had the bypass put in on my vert for long road trips. Its not really about watching the screen. Its more about hearing it as you drive. Nothing like a Az sunset and Conan the Destroyer or something funny.

Old 9/4/10, 11:29 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just don't get caught by Johnny Law watching video while on the road, nice fat ticket to you...
Old 9/5/10, 08:29 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

thats what the switch is for to cut the video and I had a 2nd one to kill the sub in the trunk.
Old 9/5/10, 03:45 PM
Cobra Member

Stop and go traffic . . . meaning the cars are pretty much bumper-to-bumper? Seems to me this would be a good time to keep your eyes on what's going on around you. And if you just want to listen to a movie while driving, the electronics package will allow you to do that.

Sorry for being Mr. Safety, but texting, reading the newspaper, applying makeup, and watching movies are things that just shouldn't be done while piloting a car.
Old 9/5/10, 04:15 PM
MOTM Committee Member

There is something called a "lock pick" if I remember correctly and it unlocks all of the NAV's features even while you're in gear
Old 9/5/10, 04:21 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
There is something called a "lock pick" if I remember correctly and it unlocks all of the NAV's features even while you're in gear
Yes, the LockPick will disable the safety for you and also allow you to run front/rear cameras as lead/chase cams through the screen if you choose. Goes for $200 or so.

http://www.coastaletech.com/synclockpick.htm
Old 9/5/10, 09:18 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Thanks Steve. I knew you were the one who had posted about that before. Looks pretty sweet
Old 9/5/10, 09:23 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Thanks Steve. I knew you were the one who had posted about that before. Looks pretty sweet
No prob. Had I got the EP, I would be doing this, then setting up a cam in the front fascia and possibly one in the rear for for track duty. Being able to switch back and forth would be a cool feature.
Old 9/6/10, 03:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RandyW
Sorry for being Mr. Safety, but texting, reading the newspaper, applying makeup, and watching movies are things that just shouldn't be done while piloting a car.
Can I eat a cheeseburger then.

No but in all seriousness you should keep your eyes on the road. I had a couple close calls just trying to get a stick of gum bucause of some other stupid driver.
Old 9/9/10, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This may be the dumbest thing I have heard since texting while driving.
Old 9/10/10, 06:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Maybe not good for driving alone in traffic. But this would be great for the semi long trips when I have the kids in the car. We have it in our pilot but it would be nice to be able to take the mustang instead.

How did you do that bypass?
Old 9/13/10, 01:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

I did that to my aftermarket radio in the 05 and never had any issues / close encounters / accidents...
Old 9/13/10, 01:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by hhbh720
I did that to my aftermarket radio in the 05 and never had any issues / close encounters / accidents...

Will you be doing it to your new 2010? I'm still debating wheter to do this or not, the girl friend would love to be able to watch movies as I drive.
Old 9/14/10, 06:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DaSFGiants4Life
Will you be doing it to your new 2010? I'm still debating wheter to do this or not, the girl friend would love to be able to watch movies as I drive.
That's what I want to do, thus I started this thread... I read online that there are button combinations for Lexus, Cadillac, Mercedes and others which unlock the DVD in motion function, so I thought maybe there was a way for our system, too... And don't worry about me crashing into any of you, I'm in Europe...
Old 9/14/10, 08:21 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by DaSFGiants4Life
Exactly what kinds of movies did you want your girl watching while you're driving??? Be careful if you have the glass roof.... truckers can see everything!

I'd be interested in seeing the back up cam while driving. I wonder if it increases your rear view awareness???
Old 9/14/10, 02:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by hhbh720
That's what I want to do, thus I started this thread... I read online that there are button combinations for Lexus, Cadillac, Mercedes and others which unlock the DVD in motion function, so I thought maybe there was a way for our system, too... And don't worry about me crashing into any of you, I'm in Europe...

To my knowledge theres no buttons to press to override the saftey, your going to have to get a aftermarket prodcut for it to work.

Originally Posted by eric n
Exactly what kinds of movies did you want your girl watching while you're driving??? Be careful if you have the glass roof.... truckers can see everything!

I'd be interested in seeing the back up cam while driving. I wonder if it increases your rear view awareness???

Well it's a good thing I don't have the glass roof
Old 9/14/10, 02:33 PM
MOTM Committee Member

I played a movie last night on the screen just for the heck of it, it was pretty freakin cool

Quick Reply: Unlock DVD in motion