'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Sync Question

Search this Thread

Old 12/3/12, 07:30 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sync Question

I dont use it much (2013 Boss Mustang) so I cant say if it has been working lately but yesterday I paired a new phone to it. No issues and I can dial out and receive calls manually. However, when I try to use any vioce commands the system does not recognize them at all - like the mic is just dead. Any suggestions? Did I possibly need to do somenhtinhg else when setting up the new phone?
Old 12/3/12, 08:09 AM
Bullitt Member

This is not much help, but, you really have to focus on the Mic in your car, on mine it is near the convertible opener toggle switch and as long a I yell at it it works 60% of the time.
I really think Ford could have chosen a better system, the Microsoft based software is twitchy and out dated. I am not a big fan of it which is one of the main reasons I did not choose the Nav option on my car, total waste of money on a microsoft product.
Old 12/3/12, 08:37 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mustang259
This is not much help, but, you really have to focus on the Mic in your car, on mine it is near the convertible opener toggle switch and as long a I yell at it it works 60% of the time.
I really think Ford could have chosen a better system, the Microsoft based software is twitchy and out dated. I am not a big fan of it which is one of the main reasons I did not choose the Nav option on my car, total waste of money on a microsoft product.
Yeah, I've been screaming at it The strange thing is it worked fine a few weeks ago when I last used it so either it stopped working at some point and I didnt know abou it; somehow pairing this new phone up was done wrong or pairing it somehow screwed up the system.
Old 12/4/12, 06:28 AM
GT Member

Well, in case anyone has the same issue, I pulled the #3 fuse from the passanger side kick panel fuse box. Left it out for 20 minutes and reinstalled.

The system works again.
Old 12/7/12, 05:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
She can be pretty finicky. That being said I have had to learn a lot more commands the way that the system says them in order to be more successful when asking it to do things.
Old 12/7/12, 08:42 AM
V6 Member

That fuse trick is good to know. I have not had any trouble with mine (yet), but i also don't like using it as i don't want to have to wait for the chime and instructions every time. I much prefer just using the controls from the steering wheel when i can.
Old 12/7/12, 09:23 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,318 Likes on 1,729 Posts
Yeah I yell a lot at mine and generally get upset so I just stop using it! I believe the key is saying the exact wording and at the right decibel.
Old 12/7/12, 10:12 AM
Cobra Member

You can press the voice button twice to skip what she is saying.
And as far as getting her to understand, I've found that if I talk in a normal volume and at normal speed she picks up better than yelling, or pausing in between words.
Old 12/7/12, 10:44 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I know that in our 2012 Explorer there is a setting in the sync menu for Novice or Pro. Switching it to Pro means that when you press the voice button you just get the beep. There are no prompts at all from the system. Perhaps the Mustang has a similar setting. There are prompts at other times, which can be interrupted by pushing the sync button as youngstang90 mentioned.
Old 12/7/12, 02:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AWmustang
I know that in our 2012 Explorer there is a setting in the sync menu for Novice or Pro. Switching it to Pro means that when you press the voice button you just get the beep. There are no prompts at all from the system. Perhaps the Mustang has a similar setting. There are prompts at other times, which can be interrupted by pushing the sync button as youngstang90 mentioned.

My car has that setting- saw it when I was scrolling through various menus. In my case, it did not matter what I said or what volume it was spoken at. No comprendo by sync. Once I did the reboot she picked it right up. So far so good.