Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Seat Belt Guide

Search this Thread

Old 8/25/11, 09:24 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat Belt Guide

I saw that there were guides available up to the 04 Mustang.. Any ideas for the '11 ?
My loving wife can't seem to remember to guide the seat belt before just letting go..
I really don't want to tell her she can't ride in the car... Not like I wouldn't be sleeping in it after that conversation...lol

Anyway.. I would've thought this was a simple thing to order.. silly me..
Suggestions?
Thanks
Old 8/25/11, 10:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Not sure what you mean, like a guide to stop the belt from hitting the window if released carelessly?
Old 8/25/11, 10:20 AM
GT Member

yes... and having to reach all the way to grab it...
It almost seems like there should be something under the headrest to hold the seat belt right next to the seat...
Old 8/25/11, 11:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

I don't really have a big problem with the belt but I am a big guy and need the seat about 3/4 the way back or more, I see your point though, never seen a product for our cars yet
Old 8/25/11, 01:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by voyager_1700
I saw that there were guides available up to the 04 Mustang.. Any ideas for the '11 ?
My loving wife can't seem to remember to guide the seat belt before just letting go..
I really don't want to tell her she can't ride in the car... Not like I wouldn't be sleeping in it after that conversation...lol

Anyway.. I would've thought this was a simple thing to order.. silly me..
Suggestions?
Thanks
I know what you mean...my wife lets go everytime and it snaps back...smacking the plastic panel...I'm afraid to look to see how bad the dents are...
Old 1/23/12, 08:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by voyager_1700
yes... and having to reach all the way to grab it...
It almost seems like there should be something under the headrest to hold the seat belt right next to the seat...
I couldn't agree more - it hurts my shoulder tremendously reaching back for the belt every time I get in the car. I don't even like wearing the belt on my short (3.5 mile) trip to work because of this, but them the chime drives me nuts.
Old 1/23/12, 09:03 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mustang_Man
I couldn't agree more - it hurts my shoulder tremendously reaching back for the belt every time I get in the car. I don't even like wearing the belt on my short (3.5 mile) trip to work because of this, but them the chime drives me nuts.
You can turn the chime off. The owners manual shows you how to turn off the beltminder.

Not that I would recommend not wearing it. But let's not have this thread go into a seatbelt debate.
Old 1/23/12, 09:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Don't we have guides???
Old 1/23/12, 12:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes. but they arent attached to teh seat. I think the ones in the New Edge cars worked well. You didnt have to reach in the back seat to grab the belt and you could take the belt out of it for ease of people getting into and out of the rear seat.
Old 1/28/12, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26
You can turn the chime off. The owners manual shows you how to turn off the beltminder.

Not that I would recommend not wearing it. But let's not have this thread go into a seatbelt debate.
I turned it off. Except my ride to work is only 5 minutes and the chime doesn't stop 'till 5 minutes when it's turned "off".

I thought for a brief second about putting a bullet through my dashboard today after turning it off and then having to listen to it all the way to work, only to have it turn off just as I got there.

Guess I'll have to work on some sort of guide that allows 50 year-olds with old shoulders to put the belt on without the pain in my shoulders doing a full twist just to get the belt (and yes, my legs are not long, so the seat can't go back any further.)
Old 2/1/12, 05:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The guides on the seat cause a problem getting in and out of the back. You had to slip them out of the bracket.There was a solid mounting point for them which I don't believe is there in the newer cars.

As far as reaching the belt, I reach back with my left hand, down low by the back of the seat and the floor....bring the belt up and forward and buckle. If I twist and try to use my right hand, that is where they would find me the next day....still twisted...lol
Old 2/2/12, 04:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, I let my kid who sits in the back through the passenger side. I've never let people sit on my side in a 2-door coupe. I (like many old enough to afford a GT500) have arthritis in my elbow and my shoulders can't "twist" like that without cramping (sad, but true). I will put a bracket on my seat one way or the other.
Old 2/7/12, 11:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mustang_Man
I turned it off. Except my ride to work is only 5 minutes and the chime doesn't stop 'till 5 minutes when it's turned "off".

I thought for a brief second about putting a bullet through my dashboard today after turning it off and then having to listen to it all the way to work, only to have it turn off just as I got there.
OK, time to fess up when I'm wrong. I was sure I followed the procedure exactly, but apparently it didn't take. I did it again and now no more chime. Just the 1 minute light and then it's off. Whew! Happy to admit I messed up here.