'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)

Search this Thread

Old 11/4/13, 01:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blasman
I too ordered one of these for $524 last Tuesday on Amazon. I'm glad I paid the $30 for overnight shipping. It arrived Thursday and I installed it this past weekend. Works great. It took me a little while to figure out a new wiring harness for my backup camera since I didn't use the one that was included in the kit. Once I figured out the pinout, I cut the end off of an S-video cable and soldered my camera's harness to it so I didn't have to modify the navigation one.
You & I probably both ordered the "1 remaining" at about the same time. Sounds like you got priority with the expedited shipping. Will be interesting to see what Amazon does on the one I ordered....
Old 11/4/13, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by GT350Clone
You & I probably both ordered the "1 remaining" at about the same time. Sounds like you got priority with the expedited shipping. Will be interesting to see what Amazon does on the one I ordered....
I hope they honor that price for you. I swear when I ordered it the page said there were 2 left... Did they charge your credit card?
Old 11/5/13, 05:40 AM
Bullitt Member

I have the back-up camera with the small screen in the mirror. I assume I could hook up this camera to the head unit?
Old 11/5/13, 05:43 PM

Bought my CarShow unit on 10/27 for 482.00 from amazon said it would be 1 to 3 weeks for delivery. It was at my door on 10/31. I installed it on Sat 11/2 took me 3 hrs most time was spent installing back up camera I was trying so hard to not drill a hole in the car but it had to be done. Every thing works great. The voice that keeps coming on telling me I am exceeding the speed limit is very annoying I am sure there is a setting to turn it off. I will try to post some pictures.
Old 11/7/13, 05:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

I FINALLY got notification that my Rosen unit from Amazon has shipped. Only took 8 days from the time I ordered (10/29 ordered - 11/6 shipped). I did get the $524 price too... Now to wait for the brown truck - bet I don't get it until next week. Oh well, not like it's something I "need". I can wait, given the savings.

Originally Posted by Stew5.0
Bought my CarShow unit on 10/27 for 482.00 from amazon said it would be 1 to 3 weeks for delivery. It was at my door on 10/31. I installed it on Sat 11/2 took me 3 hrs most time was spent installing back up camera I was trying so hard to not drill a hole in the car but it had to be done. Every thing works great. The voice that keeps coming on telling me I am exceeding the speed limit is very annoying I am sure there is a setting to turn it off. I will try to post some pictures.
Have you noticed any difference between yours and the videos/photos of the Raxiom unit? (either in operation or installation)
Old 11/7/13, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by GT350Clone
I FINALLY got notification that my Rosen unit from Amazon has shipped. Only took 8 days from the time I ordered (10/29 ordered - 11/6 shipped). I did get the $524 price too... Now to wait for the brown truck - bet I don't get it until next week. Oh well, not like it's something I "need". I can wait, given the savings.

Have you noticed any difference between yours and the videos/photos of the Raxiom unit? (either in operation or installation)
The only difference I see so far is the start up screen mine says CARSHOW the other one says RAXIOM. I have been visiting several different sites in hopes someone would post a video of the operation of the Raxiom unit in full detail but nothing was posted. I wanted to see how the USB menu looked and operated when either my iPod or thumb drive was plugged in. Then when Amazon had it priced at 482.00 I could not resist and I don't think American Muscle would match that price. All my purchases are from American Muscle but we are talking about over 200.00 difference
Old 11/7/13, 07:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stew5.0
The only difference I see so far is the start up screen mine says CARSHOW the other one says RAXIOM. I have been visiting several different sites in hopes someone would post a video of the operation of the Raxiom unit in full detail but nothing was posted. I wanted to see how the USB menu looked and operated when either my iPod or thumb drive was plugged in. Then when Amazon had it priced at 482.00 I could not resist and I don't think American Muscle would match that price. All my purchases are from American Muscle but we are talking about over 200.00 difference
Cant wait to hear back from you CarShow guys. Also AM does not price match to ebay or Amazon so no they would not have met that price.

Matthew
Old 11/8/13, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

As long as no one has issues with the Car show unit, I'd say get it from Amazon. It's going to save you a lot of money. I was pretty mad when American muscle wouldn't price match with them.
Old 11/9/13, 07:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by flynavy
As long as no one has issues with the Car show unit, I'd say get it from Amazon. It's going to save you a lot of money. I was pretty mad when American muscle wouldn't price match with them.
Amazon raised their price to almost match AM last time I checked.

Matthew
Old 11/9/13, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
Amazon raised their price to almost match AM last time I checked.

Matthew
Totally untrue statement amazon price fluctuates according to supply and demand the price right now is still $100 cheaper than the Raxiom unit. Watch the price change like I did and you can be lucky enough to get it for 482.00 have patience.
Old 11/10/13, 09:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks. I didn't know there price changed like that.

Matthew
Old 11/20/13, 04:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

How are you guys liking the units?
Old 11/21/13, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by conv_stang
How are you guys liking the units?

I love it. Although there is a slight delay when switching between the navigation and entertainment screens, after the unit is booted up all the way it doesn't bother me. The navigation, however does take about a min or 2 to boot before you can use it. I think the only thing missing is real time traffic, and there doesn't appear to be any way to get it with this unit. Other than that, this was definitely worth it. I think it's way more user friendly than the myford tough that my wife's Focus has...
Old 11/27/13, 05:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Rosen Carshow / Amazon special ($524) all installed here. Love it. Looks great, and after contacting Rosen for a replacement SD card (mine was cracked), everything functions as expected. This is the wife's car - she LOVES the backup camera, and said the navigation was easier for her than our Garmin Nuvi.

I spent about 2.5 "leisurely" hours on install - 1.5 of that was the camera and nav antenna, as I wanted it to look completely "OEM".

I noticed that Amazon shows this item is "Currently unavailable. Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available." Not sure what that means going forward... I'm sure the folks at AM weren't happy with being undercut.
Old 11/27/13, 11:59 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

OEM look

It looks like it came with the car ALOT more than any other kit out there. I never said its 100% but it's alot closer that the Kenwood kit.

Matthew
This kinda looks OEM, maybe a little better Mines bigger than yours, sorry Dan!
Attached Thumbnails Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)-ipaddash.jpg  

Last edited by CVH; 11/27/13 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11/27/13, 04:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Has anyone figured out how to change the Raxiom startup/boot screen?
Old 11/28/13, 08:51 AM
Bullitt Member

I am also interested in this, I think I may need to pull my unit out and see what I can do.
Old 11/28/13, 12:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CVH
This kinda looks OEM, maybe a little better Mines bigger than yours, sorry Dan!
I like this idea but want to know how well it works with SYNC. I had a tablet installed in mine and SYNC would never connect with the tablet. I had issue, after issue trying to get BT to connect to SYNC.

Matthew
Old 11/28/13, 12:34 PM
Bullitt Member

The tablet thing would probably be cool for a non SYNC system. Id hate to lose the steering wheel controls, integrated USB, and factory Bluetooth
Old 11/29/13, 11:42 AM
Bullitt Member

I like this idea but want to know how well it works with SYNC. I had a tablet installed in mine and SYNC would never connect with the tablet. I had issue, after issue trying to get BT to connect to SYNC.

Matthew
Ever thought of connecting by usb? and then you could use your steering wheel controls

Quick Reply: Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)