Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/13, 01:51 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)

A little over a month ago at the 5th annual AmericanMuscle Mustang show I very quietly leaked evidence that Raxiom would be coming out with a Navigation system for 10-14 Mustangs! As shown in the photo below, AM raffled off the first Navigation system they had from Raxiom at AM2013.

I personally own a fully loaded 2011 GT with the Performance package and Brembo brakes. However, the one option I didn't go with when ordering my car was Navigation, it was a $2,300 option from the factory! As soon as I found out that AmericanMuscle would be working with Raxiom to build a top of the line navigation, I just had to have it. This system features a back up camera, satellite radio and still takes full advantage of the sync system. Now if that wasn't enough, this Navigation notifies you when red light cameras and speed traps are ahead, that's a beautiful thing for led foot Mustang owners like myself!

Raxiom's Navigation System uses iGO Primo 2.0 software that includes Text-To-Speech, voice and visual turn-by-turn on screen 2D, 3D, and Green routing directions, as well as 3D building views for major cities. The Raxiom 7” HD full color touch-screen LCD will display SYNC radio and other SYNC controlled functions in a much higher resolution than the standard 2-line factory display and features an auto dimming mode with manual dimmer control. The included full color rear back-up camera has a built in "Instant on" feature. Were it comes on the screen the moment you select reverse. It supports 5 different languages, and retains all Bluetooth, and usb connections. The Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation System with Back-up Camera fits 2010 to 2014 Mustangs equipped with "SYNC", including V6, GT, BOSS and Shelby GT500 models.

I had the pleasure of installing the Raxiom Navigation in my 2011 GT over the weekend. Raxiom includes everything you need to hook this baby up! It was super easy to install. It comes with very detailed instructions, a labeled wiring harness, and all the cables you would need for a very simple plug and play installation. It retains, your steering wheel controls, all your sync capabilities, even your climate control settings come up on the 7" touch screen. It looks almost identical to the OEM navigation at less than half the cost but functions just as well, if not better! From start to finish I had the Navigation box open, in the car and functioning in about an hour and 15 minutes.

Wiring Harness

Unit Pre-installed in the face plate

Instruction Guide

Stock set up apart

Installed pictures

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or would like more information about the Raxiom Navigation. I have personal experience with both stock and now the Raxiom Navigation's and I highly recommend this product!

The Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/Bluetooth & Back-up Camera will be available on AmericanMuscle.com on October 4, 2013 for $699.99. http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom-gps-nav-1014.html

Read more on the Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/Bluetooth & Back-up Camera at http://blog.americanmuscle.com/amdan...2010-mustangs/

Stay Tuned!

-Dan
Old 10/1/13, 04:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Whats under the little flap on the top right?
Also can you post a video that shows off using the system for nav, sync music and radio?
Old 10/1/13, 04:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Right now on AM it shows as $749. So this friday it will change in pricing to $699? If thats the case I'll wait to order until it changes. I had emailed today about seeing this system on Amazon for $649 and had asked about price matching but I was told that wasn't possible for Amazon.com even though they are selling it brand new on there. Like I said, if the price is going to drop from the $749 I see it at now, to $699 starting on October 4th then I'll wait before I purchase it.
Old 10/1/13, 06:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Nevermind. Price appears update on AM at $699 now.
Old 10/1/13, 07:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Also, where does the backup camera mount? Will I have to drill into my bumper?
Old 10/1/13, 07:36 PM

No..i'm sorry. But this look way to cheap to go in my 2014 GT..
Old 10/1/13, 07:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I really don't understand why everyone hates on this when none of you have even seen it in person. You could say the same to me about how can I praise it when I haven't seen it and you'd be right. But I see a lot worse looking setups and stuff out there. Tablet mods and all that to me is stupid. I'd rather have something like this that is easy to install and integrates seamlessly and even gets me a new feature or two. I just cant understand the hatred for this thing when people say its cheap or its awful. I just don't see whats so bad about it. Everyone has an opinion. And thats ok. I like it.
Old 10/1/13, 10:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Also where does the antenna for the GPS go?
Old 10/2/13, 08:30 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by the5
Whats under the little flap on the top right?
Also can you post a video that shows off using the system for nav, sync music and radio?
We're working on a product installation/review video on this as we speak! It will be ready to go soon and I'll make sure to post this up for you.

-Dan

Originally Posted by flynavy
Also, where does the backup camera mount? Will I have to drill into my bumper?
Also where does the antenna for the GPS go?
You can choose where to install both of these things. I ran the lines for the GPS antenna and ran it to the back of the car and installed it on the rear seat deck lid, works great!

The Back up camera comes pre installed on a plate and there's a few good spots to put it. It's designed to fit right above the license plate, in between the license plate lights there's a good spot!

I hope this helps.

-Dan
Old 10/2/13, 08:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
We're working on a product installation/review video on this as we speak! It will be ready to go soon and I'll make sure to post this up for you. -Dan You can choose where to install both of these things. I ran the lines for the GPS antenna and ran it to the back of the car and installed it on the rear seat deck lid, works great! The Back up camera comes pre installed on a plate and there's a few good spots to put it. It's designed to fit right above the license plate, in between the license plate lights there's a good spot! I hope this helps. -Dan
Dan, I put an order in for one of these setups last evening. If you could at some point when you get a chance would you be able to post a pic of your mounting locations for both the camera and the GPS antenna?
Old 10/2/13, 10:11 AM
Bullitt Member

The Raxion solution is from the Carshow product, or at least that was what they were called before. Its not bad, but I really believe they should have gone with a 8 inch screen since they removed the entire text unit. It just look odd they way they went about it.

I have use the Nav software before and that is solid. Overall for what it does I would guess it is not a bad piece...just looks a little weird. I think they should have tried to get it more like the F-150 unit IMO.
Old 10/2/13, 07:04 PM
Cobra Member

The screen is to small and the bezel just looks bad. Def. could have done a better job. If they do a revision and make that screen bigger I may consider it if I haven't already gone another route.
Old 10/2/13, 07:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Well mine is supposed to be here tomorrow so daylight and work schedule permitting I hope to have it in tomorrow, Friday at the latest. I'll be sure to post pics and impressions of it.
Old 10/2/13, 08:37 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Will this work on a base mustang gt without sync?
Old 10/2/13, 08:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by amplifier28
Will this work on a base mustang gt without sync?
I don't believe so. From AMs website it says it is only compatible with Sync equipped, single disc radios
Old 10/3/13, 08:37 AM
Former Vendor

Dan, I put an order in for one of these setups last evening. If you could at some point when you get a chance would you be able to post a pic of your mounting locations for both the camera and the GPS antenna?
Awesome! I can definitely post up some pictures for you on where I mounted everything.

You're going to love this Navigation, I'm so glad I didn't waste the $2,300+ on the factory system.

-Dan
Old 10/3/13, 09:18 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm glad this is available because I bought my car used and got too good of a deal to get picky with options so now I can have the only thing that I wish this car had come with originally.
Old 10/3/13, 07:22 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anybody knows for sure if it will not work on a base 2011 mustang gt without sync? My mustang does not have sync and I am interested in this stereo!
Old 10/3/13, 07:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Got the unit installed. Took about 2 hours because I couldn't get my hand behind the radio to disconnect wires at first. Install was decently easy. Only part I don't like is how you zip tie the sync display and AC module up behind the radio but whatever. You can't see it and it's no big deal. Didn't get the camera installed tonight or the GPS antenna permanently mounted. Ill work on that after work tomorrow and after I see exactly where Dan ran the wire from the camera back inside the vehicle. I see where he's talking about mounting it and it looks like ill have to drill two small holes into the bumper to screw the mounting plate down(not sure how big to drill, Dan if you could give me a little clarification on that part of it as well as far as what you did for the whole camera mounting part of all this). I just can't think of where to run the wire from the back of the camera back inside. I have the wires for those on the passenger floorboard for now. There's a USB cable/port that I ran to the glovebox. I have no idea what it's for or what to do with it. There are also RCA inputs that I connected but I don't have a device to connect to them. I'm assuming there's a way to connect a DVD type device to it but I really don't care about that.

The unit is very intuitive and retains all of the functions of my stock radio. Everything seems to work just as it should with the stock interface. Steering wheel controls, sync, everything seems to work. Only thing that is a little off is my cd eject and load slot seems to be catching my cd when I try and load or eject it. With a little help it gets through just fine but it is a little off somehow. I really don't want to pull everything apart again though to try and fool with it and it doesn't inhibit function that much. I might mess with it tomorrow.

Overall I'm happy with it so far. Ill test the navigation on the way to work tomorrow. Too tired tonight to mess with it anymore or play around. I'll also try and post some more pics tomorrow after I mount the camera and the GPS antenna

Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)-image-3064188115.jpg
Attached Thumbnails Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)-image-813879968.jpg  

Last edited by flynavy; 10/3/13 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10/3/13, 09:53 PM
Bullitt Member

http://blog.americanmuscle.com/amdan...gs/#more-10184
Originally Posted by amplifier28
Anybody knows for sure if it will not work on a base 2011 mustang gt without sync? My mustang does not have sync and I am interested in this stereo!
AM's website mentions that you need sync. This blog article says its compatible with all 2010+ mustangs but doesn't mention sync. I am looking at my quickstart guide I got in the box it specifically says on the front cover, For models with Ford Sync Only.

Quick Reply: Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)