Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)

Search this Thread

Old 10/20/13, 10:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
I will admit I was a Raxion Nav unit hater. I HATED it when I first saw it. But I think I am slowing coming around to it. I looked at the IDatalink unit with AM HU but dont see any that look right to me; they just done look OEM which is what I want. Yes the screen is smaller than I would like to see but you have to admit it does look like it came with the car. And the price is right; $700 vs. how much for a good HU and Datalink? I think I may be converting...I am really liking it more and more.

I do have a few questions if Dan or any Raxion owners care to answer them:
How do the maps get updated?
Does the screen display band name/song title, info when on radio or cd?
Does it display the same info when using BT, or USB audio input? Or does it just say "Blue Tooth", and "USB Audio"?

Thanks guys!
The Raxiom unit DOES NOT look like it came with the car at all.
Old 10/21/13, 07:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks like it came with the car ALOT more than any other kit out there. I never said its 100% but it's alot closer that the Kenwood kit.

Matthew
Old 10/21/13, 11:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

anyone get a video of the different features it has? would be nice to be able to see one of them before buying.
Old 10/21/13, 04:50 PM

It looks like it came with the car ALOT more than any other kit out there. I never said its 100% but it's alot closer that the Kenwood kit.

Matthew
Totally subjective;
Attached Thumbnails Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)-20131017_191715.jpg  
Old 10/21/13, 05:57 PM
Bullitt Member

I will admit I was a Raxion Nav unit hater. I HATED it when I first saw it. But I think I am slowing coming around to it. I looked at the IDatalink unit with AM HU but dont see any that look right to me; they just done look OEM which is what I want. Yes the screen is smaller than I would like to see but you have to admit it does look like it came with the car. And the price is right; $700 vs. how much for a good HU and Datalink? I think I may be converting...I am really liking it more and more. I do have a few questions if Dan or any Raxion owners care to answer them: How do the maps get updated? Does the screen display band name/song title, info when on radio or cd? Does it display the same info when using BT, or USB audio input? Or does it just say "Blue Tooth", and "USB Audio"? Thanks guys!
From what I understand the updates will come from AM when they are published. The removable SD card under the flap on the face of the radio is how the updates will be used in the vehicle I believe. On the startup screen for the GPS it also lists a website to download updates from but I forget what it is.
The screen does display the RDS data for applicable radio stations. I haven't tried a CD yet that has that info on it so I don't know.
When using Bluetooth it just says Bluetooth audio. When using USB you can make it display track/artist etc.
Old 10/22/13, 09:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by flynavy
From what I understand the updates will come from AM when they are published. The removable SD card under the flap on the face of the radio is how the updates will be used in the vehicle I believe. On the startup screen for the GPS it also lists a website to download updates from but I forget what it is.
The screen does display the RDS data for applicable radio stations. I haven't tried a CD yet that has that info on it so I don't know.
When using Bluetooth it just says Bluetooth audio. When using USB you can make it display track/artist etc.
Thanks for the info. You have any problems with your kit yet?

Matthew
Old 10/22/13, 09:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by arazor
Totally subjective;
True. I just dont like how the HU's stick out, the bezel surround looks good; it looks like it could be OEM but its more that HU that I am talking about not looking OEM. Everyone is different and if you love it - great! Its your car and thats all that matters. To me it just looks alittle off.
Old 10/22/13, 06:35 PM

True. I just dont like how the HU's stick out, the bezel surround looks good; it looks like it could be OEM but its more that HU that I am talking about not looking OEM. Everyone is different and if you love it - great! Its your car and thats all that matters. To me it just looks alittle off.
I agree, it does not have that totally "smooth" looking transition from the H/U that a factory set up would and I strongly considered this set up but I gave in to the "bells & whistles" on the Kenwwood/Idatalink. I was in know way trying to imply one was better than the other but as you stated it just comes down to the eye of the beholder. It's good to have options,another great attribute of the Mustang is aftermarket support that keeps me tinkering!
Old 10/23/13, 11:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you.

Originally Posted by flynavy
Solved my mounting issue with the camera. I popped out the tag light housing and ran the wire in there and snapped it back in place. It secures the wire nicely and doesn't seem to have damaged it and it won't move which is good. Then I ran the wiring from the trunk down through the grommet at the bottom of the spare tire well, and cut out a notch to allow the wire through and allow it to still seal. Then I taped the seal inside te trunk for extra insurance and connected the wires and I'm all set. Mounted the camera using double sided tape, and you can't even tell unless you get under the bumper and look up at it from an inch or two away. In the picture you can see the wires going into the spare tire well. The camera connection was sealed tight with a lot of electrical tape and I zip tied it to the rear valence mount underneath discreetly and protected the connection further by zip tying it up above that one mounting plate kind of thing so it's not getting road spray right up into it directly. Best I could come up with, without drilling. Everything is as discreet as possible.

I also included a picture of how I mounted the GPS antenna inside the car. I put a Velcro strip (the rough half of Velcro) on the bottom of the antenna and it sticks securely to the carpeting on that back deck by the child seat anchor points. The wire is tucked under the side trim and just runs straight out to the antenna. You can't see it from the inside of the vehicle unless you stick a camera up there like I did, and from the outside the wiring and antenna are the same color as the carpeting pretty much so you'd never know. Again, this as discreet as I can get it in hiding it from the outside to keep a clean look. Now I'm finally happy with my Raxiom system!
Attachment 146727
I just wanted to say thank you for the ideas of where to put the camera and the antenna. I put my Antenna just right behind the middle of the seat. So it is not really visible from my side. I ran the cable thru the frame so when I put the seats down the cable is not visible. Over all I really like this set up and it works great.
VR,
LSCS Rod.

Last edited by Knight721; 10/23/13 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10/28/13, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

When will it be back in stock?
Old 10/29/13, 08:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Just bought the last "Rosen" unit off Amazon at $524.... Anxious to get it installed in the wife's 2012 Pony now.
Old 10/29/13, 09:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GT350Clone
Just bought the last "Rosen" unit off Amazon at $524.... Anxious to get it installed in the wife's 2012 Pony now.
Great. I want to hear how that kit stacks up against the Raxion kit. You have to let us know what the 9v battery is for with that kit.
Old 10/29/13, 09:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Great. I want to hear how that kit stacks up against the Raxion kit. You have to let us know what the 9v battery is for with that kit.
It says "1 12V batteries required." That just means it uses your car battery for power.
Old 10/29/13, 10:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Knight721
I just wanted to say thank you for the ideas of where to put the camera and the antenna. I put my Antenna just right behind the middle of the seat. So it is not really visible from my side. I ran the cable thru the frame so when I put the seats down the cable is not visible. Over all I really like this set up and it works great. VR, LSCS Rod.
No problem. Glad it worked out well for you
Old 10/30/13, 09:36 AM
Bullitt Member

It says "1 12V batteries required." That just means it uses your car battery for power.
yeah that makes sense now. Let me know how it turns out for you. Is there any real difference between the Raxion kit and the Amizon kit?

Matthew
Old 10/30/13, 10:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the info. You have any problems with your kit yet? Matthew
No problems yet at all. Love it so far.
Old 11/1/13, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey GT350 you have your kit yet?

Matthew
Old 11/3/13, 05:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey GT350 you have your kit yet?

Matthew
Amazon shows that it has not shipped yet. Still showing as an open order.

Also noticed that they show it's out of stock and they have now upped the price on their site to $699.....
(My receipt does show $524. Wonder if I'll really get it?)

Last edited by GT350Clone; 11/3/13 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11/3/13, 07:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Also noticed that they show it's out of stock and they have now upped the price on their site to $699.....
Keep us informed. I noticed the price increase too when I went on Amazon this week.
Old 11/4/13, 12:55 PM

I too ordered one of these for $524 last Tuesday on Amazon. I'm glad I paid the $30 for overnight shipping. It arrived Thursday and I installed it this past weekend. Works great. It took me a little while to figure out a new wiring harness for my backup camera since I didn't use the one that was included in the kit. Once I figured out the pinout, I cut the end off of an S-video cable and soldered my camera's harness to it so I didn't have to modify the navigation one.

Quick Reply: Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)