Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Question for Maestro Owners

Old 3/13/19, 10:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Question for Maestro Owners

I've been thinking about buying a new car but if that doesn't work out I may just update the old S197 with some new tech. I'm thinking a Maestro RR likely with the MUS1 kit would be a nice addition. I've spent the past few years focused on tracking my car but I'd really like to have something new. So my questions are as follows:

I see that some Pioneer head units now support climate controls. Anyone here running a Pioneer in this setup? Nothing against Kenwood, just looking at options.

Most importantly, I'm wondering if the 2012-2013 Mustangs will show Oil Temp as a gauge choice. I know the Maestro can do it but the general response is that it depends on the actual vehicle. This is good information to have when on the track.

Has anyone done Maestro but without Sync and just used Android Auto?

Has anyone used the Maestro with any of the other kits and had full integration?
Old 4/28/19, 11:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mustang5o
I've been thinking about buying a new car but if that doesn't work out I may just update the old S197 with some new tech. I'm thinking a Maestro RR likely with the MUS1 kit would be a nice addition. I've spent the past few years focused on tracking my car but I'd really like to have something new. So my questions are as follows:

I see that some Pioneer head units now support climate controls. Anyone here running a Pioneer in this setup? Nothing against Kenwood, just looking at options.

Most importantly, I'm wondering if the 2012-2013 Mustangs will show Oil Temp as a gauge choice. I know the Maestro can do it but the general response is that it depends on the actual vehicle. This is good information to have when on the track.

Has anyone done Maestro but without Sync and just used Android Auto?

Has anyone used the Maestro with any of the other kits and had full integration?
I did the kit in my 2012 gt500 with kenwood dnn922. It was awesome. My only issue with it was when it read texts, it would miss the first couple of words... I have since went OEM nav. As for gauges, i never tried the oil temp guageso cant answer that.