Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

New taller shift knob

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/11, 09:48 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New taller shift ****

Here is a new product that we just released. It will raise the shift **** 1.5 inches, giving you more leverage for smoother shifts.

This really helps with those who are having the grinding and notchy trans issues. Not to mention you can actually use the cup holders now.
It works with the stock shifter or the Barton shifter.
This shift **** extender will only work with the shift boots that came with the leather wrapped shift *****, this will not work for those who have the aluminum ball style shift ****.
As always, install it, if you don't like it send it back for a full refund.

Raise your shift **** 1.5 inches for more leverage and a smoother shift.
Machined from 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum and Nickel/ Chrome plated.

Can be used with the factory shifter or the BARTON shifter.
Multiple shift **** options.

This is the first option for those who want to get the shift **** closer to the wheel for faster shifting on the track without having to replace the whole shifter.

www.bartonindustries.com
Attached Thumbnails New taller shift knob-talladapter.jpg  

Last edited by Barton Industries; 12/16/11 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12/16/11, 11:14 AM
GTR Member

There's something that a lot of people have been wanting.
Old 12/16/11, 11:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this I like.
Old 12/17/11, 01:34 AM
Bullitt Member

We need an option like this for the 2010's too! Any idea if this will work for one with a Grabber Pony shift ****?
Old 12/17/11, 06:05 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Got any pics of it installed?
Old 12/17/11, 09:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been a proponent of raising the shift **** for ages. The short throw shifters work much better when the ***** is higher up. The throw length is about the same as stock but the feel is improved the ergonomics of having the shifter closer to the wheel and your elbow not dragging on the center counsel is a huge improvement. I made my own lever and used the old Ford Racing **** for my shifter.

Old 12/17/11, 10:09 AM

any plans to release the extender in black?
Old 12/17/11, 09:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

I have been wanting Ford to produce a taller shifter for a long time. The Barton shifter sure is a fine piece. I will have to get one. Actually, I would even prefer a two inch longer shift lever.
Old 12/17/11, 09:42 PM
Cobra Member

Question

I have a question for you all at Barton Industries. What would I have to modify on your shift lever to allow the use of the aluminum shift **** ? Would I just have to add a threaded sleeve to the top that would fit an aluminum **** ?
Old 12/18/11, 10:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
I have a question for you all at Barton Industries. What would I have to modify on your shift lever to allow the use of the aluminum shift **** ? Would I just have to add a threaded sleeve to the top that would fit an aluminum **** ?
"This shift **** extender will only work with the shift boots that came with the leather wrapped shift *****, this will not work for those who have the aluminum ball style shift ****."

If you're referring to this line they are saying the boot not the **** won't work. Any **** with the same thread will work with the extender.
Old 12/19/11, 10:34 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks for the clarification. I thought maybe there was a difference in how the ***** were attached. I sure like the Barton shift lever and would like to have one in my next Mustang.
Old 12/20/11, 08:34 AM
Banned

Ksguy73- This will NOT work on the 2010, the shifter is different so the spacer would not sit like its supposed to and the under side of the boot is different. It should work with the grabberpony **** because they get there ***** from the same place we get ours. The only issue that could pop up is if they have there inserts recessed further than ours. The jam nut we use is .225 thick so if they recess the insert .200 or more than you couldn't get a wrench on the jam nut.

JimmyM- Yeah, we can do them in black. The only problem is, we have a bunch already done and they are already chromed so it will have to be from the next batch. Tell everybody to hurry up and by these so I can get you a black one made. Haha

2 Go Snake- Im going to also make one for the people who have the 401a interior (aluminum ball) Im just not sure when it will be. But you will not be able to reuse your stock ****. The aluminum ball from ford does not separate from the collar that comes off of it.
Old 12/20/11, 06:58 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by barton
2 Go Snake- Im going to also make one for the people who have the 401a interior (aluminum ball) Im just not sure when it will be. But you will not be able to reuse your stock ****. The aluminum ball from ford does not separate from the collar that comes off of it.
Just cut the **** off above the collar...
Old 12/22/11, 03:33 PM

I DESPERATELY need this for the 05-09 style. I hate how low the shifter sits and hvae been contemplating getting a Hurst simply because of the added height it gives
Old 12/22/11, 03:43 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by MPETE
I DESPERATELY need this for the 05-09 style. I hate how low the shifter sits and hvae been contemplating getting a Hurst simply because of the added height it gives
The thread size is the same, you could probably make the extension work, not the **** though unless you want the wrong pattern.

Last edited by Ltngdrvr; 12/22/11 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12/22/11, 06:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by barton
Here is a new product that we just released. It will raise the shift **** 1.5 inches, giving you more leverage for smoother shifts.

This really helps with those who are having the grinding and notchy trans issues. Not to mention you can actually use the cup holders now.
It works with the stock shifter or the Barton shifter.
This shift **** extender will only work with the shift boots that came with the leather wrapped shift *****, this will not work for those who have the aluminum ball style shift ****.
As always, install it, if you don't like it send it back for a full refund.

Raise your shift **** 1.5 inches for more leverage and a smoother shift.
Machined from 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum and Nickel/ Chrome plated.

Can be used with the factory shifter or the BARTON shifter.
Multiple shift **** options.

This is the first option for those who want to get the shift **** closer to the wheel for faster shifting on the track without having to replace the whole shifter.

www.bartonindustries.com
So this will work with the Premium 400A optioned cars?
Old 12/26/11, 03:45 PM
GT Member

I'm sorry, but your prices are outrageous, even the adapter alone with out the ball. 75? You had me sold til I saw the price. I can get the Boss shifter ball and the adapter for $50. Good luck...........
Old 12/31/11, 08:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RaceRed50
I'm sorry, but your prices are outrageous, even the adapter alone with out the ball. 75? You had me sold til I saw the price. I can get the Boss shifter ball and the adapter for $50. Good luck...........
If you look at our normal adapter and ball, you will see the price is the same as the boss one you are referring to and ours are chrome plated which adds $7 of overhead per piece. There is a lot more to the taller adapter than just turning a piece of aluminum and putting a threaded hole through it, and yes the price does reflect this. If I could make and sell these for $10 I would, but I can't even buy the material or have it finished chromed for that.
Our prices might not be the cheapest out there, but its for good reason.

05-1947 - Yes this will work with your car.

Last edited by Barton Industries; 12/31/11 at 08:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jvjenkins (3/4/21)
Old 1/1/12, 09:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
To install just the extender and new shift **** ( not the new shifter), is it just a matter of removing the current one and adding the new one without removing the boot and console or does it also require all of the initial steps reflected in the 7:26 video on your website? I have a base v6 with performance package and just wonder if this is a quick replacement or a multi step project?
Old 1/1/12, 02:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JCStang
To install just the extender and new shift **** ( not the new shifter), is it just a matter of removing the current one and adding the new one without removing the boot and console or does it also require all of the initial steps reflected in the 7:26 video on your website? I have a base v6 with performance package and just wonder if this is a quick replacement or a multi step project?

Its very simple, you do have to pop up the center trim to put the spacer under the shift boot, but you do NOT have to remove the rubber dust boot that goes around the shifter. It takes me about 2 minutes to put one in.

Remove factory shift ****.
Pop up console and put the spacer under the shift boot.
Thread down the chrome adapter and tighten.
Thread down shift ****.

Quick Reply: New taller shift knob