Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

My first post and 2013 GT build

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/13, 11:15 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those look fantastic. They didn't obstruct too much. How did they sound?

The horns are in jacksonville FL. http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/ele/3972100583.html

Not in bad shap either.
Old 8/12/13, 01:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by clucas

The horns are in jacksonville FL. http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/ele/3972100583.html

Not in bad shap either.
They don't obstruct too much at all. Sound pretty good. I believe I have them crossed around 2000. Actually right now, I'm running them passive, as the head unit that came with this car is not active. I have an Alpine 9835 in my Escape and I'm trying to source another for my GT so I can run them active again. Already have an old school MA Audio 6-channel that has bandpass on ch 3&4. I'd assume the crossover point is around 3200 for the passive crossovers I have. When I ran them active before, I dropped them as low as 1500 - right now that midrange is lacking.
Old 8/12/13, 06:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Here's my mustang pillars. Where are those horns located? Maybe I'll snag them hahaha!
**** nice pillar work - you do the glass yourself?

Not in bad shap either.
Uh oh...I'm going to be in Jax this weekend visiting a buddy and meeting up with my Mustang club in St. Augustine (come on out if you can!) Maybe I'll buy 'em out from under both of ya!

Last edited by ColSaulTigh; 8/12/13 at 06:51 PM.
Old 8/12/13, 07:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ColSaulTigh

Uh oh...I'm going to be in Jax this weekend visiting a buddy and meeting up with my Mustang club in St. Augustine (come on out if you can!) Maybe I'll buy 'em out from under both of ya!

I did it, with the help of a buddy. I worked at a shop one summer, and basically apprenticed. These were huge tweeters, so it was tough to fit them on those small pillars. We had the vinyl done by an upholstery shop though - the curves were too severe to wrap the thick vinyl around. My buddy made the aluminum rings on the lathe - I will take no credit for those haha!
Old 8/12/13, 07:41 PM
GT Member

As long as they go to a good home. I'm tempted, but I still can't drive my stang yet due to the surgery, so I can't even sneak out and buy them without the wife knowing. I do have a Dr. Appt on Thursday, so maybe I'll get some good news.

Where/when is the St. Aug mustang club meet?
Old 8/12/13, 07:43 PM
GT Member

I did it, with the help of a buddy. I worked at a shop one summer, and basically apprenticed. These were huge tweeters, so it was tough to fit them on those small pillars. We had the vinyl done by an upholstery shop though - the curves were too severe to wrap the thick vinyl around. My buddy made the aluminum rings on the lathe - I will take no credit for those haha!
The aluminum is definitely my favorite part of those. I'd love to have some accents like that.
Old 8/12/13, 07:49 PM
Bullitt Member

As long as they go to a good home. I'm tempted, but I still can't drive my stang yet due to the surgery, so I can't even sneak out and buy them without the wife knowing. I do have a Dr. Appt on Thursday, so maybe I'll get some good news.

Where/when is the St. Aug mustang club meet?
Where is still TBD - somewhere in Downtown St. Augustine. The Club Pres is still working on that detail.

When is appx. 10am until whenever. Several folks are staying overnight, and I'm sure there's gonna be some 'adult fun' (read: bars) going on later on. The group is leaving Orlando around 8am, and I figure appx. 2 hour cruise up the back roads (I'm assuming)... I'll post more details later in the week if you're really interested. Didn't want to hijack your thread.

Hope all goes well with the Dr. Appt on Thursday!
Old 8/13/13, 03:35 PM
GT Member

So would I has any takers on my hertz three way setup if I bought the horns?

Old 8/13/13, 03:39 PM
Bullitt Member

So would I has any takers on my hertz three way setup if I bought the horns?

laserred will buy them....

Old 8/13/13, 04:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

laserred will buy them....

I already have Hertz 3-ways haha
Old 8/13/13, 04:25 PM
GT Member

Haha. Yeah, but laserred's are Mille and mine are Hi-energy. Still nice though. Oh.....I'm so on tHe fence now. And to help matters even more I found this....
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/ele/3956452212.html
Old 8/13/13, 04:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Haha. Yeah, but laserred's are Mille and mine are Hi-energy. Still nice though. Oh.....I'm so on tHe fence now. And to help matters even more I found this....
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/ele/3956452212.html
I ran those mids before. Good stuff. Got the 8s as an upgrade to them haha! Just never got the heart to completely cut up my SN95 doors. That's why the S197 would be good for the 8s.

Just saw that those are unused! Omg that is an amazing deal for $200!!!

Last edited by laserred38; 8/13/13 at 04:31 PM.
Old 8/13/13, 04:36 PM
GT Member

I ran those mids before. Good stuff. Got the 8s as an upgrade to them haha! Just never got the heart to completely cut up my SN95 doors. That's why the S197 would be good for the 8s.

Just saw that those are unused! Omg that is an amazing deal for $200!!!
Yeah, I'm totally on the fence though, as they have the piezo drivers, whereas the mini horns have the pro drivers which are true compression drivers.
Old 8/13/13, 05:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah, I'm totally on the fence though, as they have the piezo drivers, whereas the mini horns have the pro drivers which are true compression drivers.
Buy both, take what you want, sell the leftovers, but my mids, ???, profit!
Old 8/13/13, 08:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Buy both, take what you want, sell the leftovers, but my mids, ???, profit!
That's thinking!!!
Old 8/13/13, 08:36 PM
GT Member

Some bad influences around here.
Old 8/13/13, 09:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Some bad influences around here.
Look, let's analyze this rationally....

How often do you come across something of that quality at that price in such close proximity to you? If you wanted to buy them (assuming you could find them on eBay) they'd be well over the $200 the guy is asking for them.

Considering they're NIB, that makes them even more of a value. Combine that with the fact that you already know their performance level (and thus, won't have to waste time with other brands), and it's a no-brainer.

Worst case scenario, you can always sell the extra parts (as LaserRed suggested) and make back some of your investment. Win-Win scenario! What else are you going to get for close to that price? I spent $300 on my Alpine SPX-17PRO components and I'd never heard them before (they do sound great, btw... - you're getting exactly what you want for 2/3's that price.

I hate to use the phrase, but YOLO - You Only Live Once. Go ahead and do something for you for a change!
Old 8/14/13, 09:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Here's my Milles. I have OEM matching vinyl for the pillars but haven't gotten around to having it done. Plus I kinda liked the way the dark gray grille cloth blended in and made them a little more stealth. Also haven't decided on how to finish the doors yet, but they're deadened with Cascade Audio stuff.

And yeah the Escape is filthy inside, I'm probably one of the few owners who takes it off road haha. Actually took it on a few light trails today with my buddy. I hardly ever clean it because we always take it out on adventures.
Attached Thumbnails My first post and 2013 GT build-image-562360488.jpg   My first post and 2013 GT build-image-752092900.jpg  

Last edited by laserred38; 8/14/13 at 09:06 PM.
Old 8/15/13, 03:57 PM
GT Member

Look, let's analyze this rationally....

How often do you come across something of that quality at that price in such close proximity to you? If you wanted to buy them (assuming you could find them on eBay) they'd be well over the $200 the guy is asking for them.

Considering they're NIB, that makes them even more of a value. Combine that with the fact that you already know their performance level (and thus, won't have to waste time with other brands), and it's a no-brainer.

Worst case scenario, you can always sell the extra parts (as LaserRed suggested) and make back some of your investment. Win-Win scenario! What else are you going to get for close to that price? I spent $300 on my Alpine SPX-17PRO components and I'd never heard them before (they do sound great, btw... - you're getting exactly what you want for 2/3's that price.

I hate to use the phrase, but YOLO - You Only Live Once. Go ahead and do something for you for a change!

If all goes as planned I should be getting the mini horns with the pro drivers next week.
Old 8/22/13, 03:25 PM
GT Member

Picked up the mini horns with the pro drivers today. Also, got my amp brackets welded together. Next up is the install I guess.

Quick Reply: My first post and 2013 GT build