Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Installing OEM 3 stage heated and cooled seats

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/19, 06:34 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool, ty.
Old 3/12/19, 06:36 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have been thinking about putting in the 15 and up front seats, that would help some what I would think?
Old 3/12/19, 07:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jim010
Still on the back burner for me. I've figured out everything to do it, just have to actually do it.

Scott, you are using the new bottom circuit board for the heated seats and not the old one? Silly question, but I have to ask it. That is the only thing that would make me think as to why the blue does not light up.
Hi Jim,

I had a chance to work on it again today. I did use the new Taurus circuit board and that did not show the cooling seats symbols, but only the heated red symbol seats. However, I put the old OEM Mustang circuit board back in and neither of the symbols light up.

The Taurus, control panel circuit board number is BG1T-18A802-BC and there is another number which is **CR33-18C612-AB**...I am not sure what this number is because that what the seller had down on the description when he sold it to me. Is that the same part number you have?

Also, see attached image showing the comparison. I notices that the Taurus circuit board cooling does not have the LED lights on the board where I have circled it in yellow. I'm not a circuit board guy, but should there be a LED lights there? Do you have a picture showing your circuit board? Just wanted to compare mine to yours.

Last, from your previous post on #35. You said that you had to remove a light blocker to get it to work. I cannot figure out what you mean and where to look at?

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited by scottwrightF1; 3/21/19 at 06:30 PM.
Old 3/14/19, 08:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Everything is identical except for the circuit board. And the other functions work? I'll look at my circuit board for the Mustang when I get home. All I did was switch the circuit board. Nothing else, and it lit up.
Old 3/18/19, 03:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Not sure I can tell in the photos, but are there LEDs for the cooled seat in yours?
Old 3/18/19, 08:55 PM

Not sure I can tell in the photos, but are there LEDs for the cooled seat in yours?
It seems to me that there is no LEDs there for the cooling seats on each side of the circuit board, but there is heating seats LEDs on each side of the circuit board from the photo attached in post #43. I was hoping that you would have a picture of your circuit board to compare my circuit board and the part number.

Thanks.
Old 3/20/19, 08:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Something screwy here ... I did not take mine apart, but just looked at my old one with only 1 heated seat LED on each side and none on the bottom. You should have 6 on each side (as you already know). WTF?

There is no light blocker in the button itself either?
Old 3/20/19, 07:07 PM

Something screwy here ... I did not take mine apart, but just looked at my old one with only 1 heated seat LED on each side and none on the bottom. You should have 6 on each side (as you already know). WTF?

There is no light blocker in the button itself either?
It seems something is messed up. I took it out again to look at it. It's obvious that there is no LEDs on the cooled circuit board.

I am wondering if the Taurus was an option that they just left the cooled seats symbol button on the control panel without having the cooled circuit board.

Any chance you would know the part number of the control panel? I have sent a message to the seller and will see what he/she says.

Here are some images for anyone reference.

Last edited by scottwrightF1; 3/21/19 at 06:03 PM.
Old 3/21/19, 08:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Those are resistors where there should be LEDs? They look like resistors.

Sorry, I know you need me to take out mine and take photos, but I currently have my wife's car in pieces, and have to get that done over the next couple weeks.
Old 3/21/19, 06:07 PM

Those are resistors where there should be LEDs? They look like resistors.

Sorry, I know you need me to take out mine and take photos, but I currently have my wife's car in pieces, and have to get that done over the next couple weeks.
Yes, these are resistors. The LEDs are on top of the resistors.

Seller got back to me. He refused to tell me about the control panel circuit board and wouldn't help. I guess, I'll be shopping around again for another one. I don't think I'll get the same part number that I just got.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 4/3/19, 09:01 PM

It turns out that the previous circuit board from the 2011 Taurus that did not have the lights. Could be that the seller swapped out the circuit board and sold it to me without telling me the truth about it. It was this part number BG1T-18A802-BC which is the correct part number and I reorder that same part number again. I swapped the boards and finally the symbol lights up!

Here are some photos showing the heating and cooling LEDS for your reference:

Passenger Side LEDS

Driver Side LEDS

Old 4/4/19, 09:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Sorry you had to go through that ... so that first unit was a total scam ...

You will need the HVAC module from the Taurus as well, and then follow my wiring diagram I posted earlier.

Last edited by jim010; 4/4/19 at 10:34 AM.
Old 4/4/19, 09:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I am still busy working on my wife's car, but 100% will get back to this. Still, I have done all teh research I can,so you can call email me directly if you need my help. I'll send you a PM with my email address.
Old 4/4/19, 08:43 PM

Sorry you had to go through that ... so that first unit was a total scam ...

You will need the HVAC module from the Taurus as well, and then follow my wiring diagram I posted earlier.
Yes, total scam...

For the next part hunting and searhing. Do you know the part number for the HVAC module you are talking about? I couldn't find it in the www.tascaparts.com part lists.

I am still busy working on my wife's car, but 100% will get back to this. Still, I have done all teh research I can,so you can call email me directly if you need my help. I'll send you a PM with my email address.
Got your info from the email. Will keep you posted.

Thanks.
Old 4/5/19, 09:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes, I do.

I'll get you a part number later today.
Old 4/6/19, 10:56 AM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Where are you buying your circuit boards ( BG1T-18A802-BC )? I looked on Tasca and White Bear with no result. A few on ePay but they are part of complete consoles with no guarantee that they have functional cooling.

Thanks,
Charles
Old 4/6/19, 07:43 PM

Yes, I do.

I'll get you a part number later today.
Thanks, I look forward to it.

Originally Posted by cholmes1
Where are you buying your circuit boards ( BG1T-18A802-BC )? I looked on Tasca and White Bear with no result. A few on ePay but they are part of complete consoles with no guarantee that they have functional cooling.

Thanks,
Charles
I got it off ebay with the completed console panel. I just open the back plastic cover and swapped out the circuit board. Not sure, if anyone just sell the circuit board itself. From what I have gather the information from a Taurus that have the cooling/heating buttons. You can get either part number off the Taurus:
2010 = AG1T-18A802-FD
2011 = BG1T-18A802-BC
2012 = CG1T-18A802-BA

I am sure there are other vehicles that have similar circuit board. I know that the F-150 has it, but I do not know the part number or the year.

Hope this helps.
Old 4/7/19, 06:13 AM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by scottwrightF1
I got it off ebay with the completed console panel. I just open the back plastic cover and swapped out the circuit board. Not sure, if anyone just sell the circuit board itself. From what I have gather the information from a Taurus that have the cooling/heating buttons. You can get either part number off the Taurus:
2010 = AG1T-18A802-FD
2011 = BG1T-18A802-BC
2012 = CG1T-18A802-BA

I am sure there are other vehicles that have similar circuit board. I know that the F-150 has it, but I do not know the part number or the year.

Hope this helps.
Thank you, that does help. I am going to start getting parts together so when the mystery is solved I am ready to follow. I will look for the console today and I believe this is the module needed based on the schematic.

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...bC12Ni1nYXM%3D

Thank you for your efforts and keeping the project moving forward. If I have more direct questions about the board install I will send a PM.

Last edited by cholmes1; 4/7/19 at 06:30 AM.
Old 4/8/19, 08:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Here is teh part number for the HVAC dash control module from a 2012 Taurus, which is what I was working with:

CG1Z-19980-C
Heater Control 1

2010-12, W/ AUTO TEMP CONTROL, W/ HEATED-COOLED SEAT

Double check, though!
Old 4/8/19, 08:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

The wiring that I figured out and posted above is to wire from this module straight to the heated/cooled seat module.

If my diagram is not clear, let me know.

Quick Reply: Installing OEM 3 stage heated and cooled seats