Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Green stitch

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/13, 10:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool mod! Looks awesome with the neon green stitching. I may have to copy you, LOL.
Old 6/3/13, 10:13 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss 1409
Came out great!
Thanks boss
Originally Posted by SoFlaBoss
Cool mod! Looks awesome with the neon green stitching. I may have to copy you, LOL.
Do it man! Everyone I have shown just loves it and think its was completely re stitched, I think anyone with these seats and a theme they've got going should do this without a doubt
Old 6/3/13, 11:21 AM

I have a candy apple red GT and was thinking of doing the stitching red. I'm 99% sure I'm gonna go ahead with it. Thanks!!
Old 6/3/13, 11:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
It says permanent after 24 hours, I assume it will not. Neon green dye lathered over white stitch sounds like it'll stick to me
i think thast kinda key, that you went over white stitch. i wondered because the stitching is actually a polyester/nylon thread for strength, unlike cotton thread in clothes. but with all the latest paints and such for plastics i imagine the mad scientists/chemists have it all worked out. seems like almost all the new cars have white stitching. i just did a armrest cover in black stitch, looks mean all black, but its the first black stitch one i think ive done for the newer model stangs.

that would be a little scary on like the light cashmere leather
Old 6/3/13, 11:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by thinblueline
I have a candy apple red GT and was thinking of doing the stitching red. I'm 99% sure I'm gonna go ahead with it. Thanks!!
Sounds like a plan! Yeah red is one color I wouldn't not even think twice about doing it with. There are just some colors this seems it was ment to be done with, they contrast black so well. I was soooo very hesitant to do mine at first to, but I am way happier than I thought of ever been with the way it turned out. Good luck and let us know how it goes, and that goes for everyone else I've communicated with through pms and such. Happy stitching!
Old 6/3/13, 12:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by amustangrocks
i think thast kinda key, that you went over white stitch. i wondered because the stitching is actually a polyester/nylon thread for strength, unlike cotton thread in clothes. but with all the latest paints and such for plastics i imagine the mad scientists/chemists have it all worked out. seems like almost all the new cars have white stitching. i just did a armrest cover in black stitch, looks mean all black, but its the first black stitch one i think ive done for the newer model stangs.

that would be a little scary on like the light cashmere leather
Yeah exactly. Now days after its been done im confident in saying its not coming off.My final thought was if this looks terrible after I do it I can always just black it out, that definitely looks good too. But I'm in love with how it came out.
Old 6/3/13, 12:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool, I'm going to hobby lobby (even though I hate bible banging corporations) to get some of these since they sell them.

Can it be returned to white?
Old 6/3/13, 12:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Rando
Cool, I'm going to hobby lobby (even though I hate bible banging corporations) to get some of these since they sell them.

Can it be returned to white?
They should have them, u going to do something like a grabber blue? No it can't
Old 6/3/13, 01:44 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks great this is how it should come factory, looks like i'll be ordering this soon.
Old 6/3/13, 05:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by joshuabowman
looks great this is how it should come factory, looks like i'll be ordering this soon.
Thanks! Yeah it really does look factory. That's actually exactly what my father said
Old 6/3/13, 05:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

It would probably look equally good with my leather recaros. The words RECARO in green too!
Old 6/3/13, 05:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by SoFlaBoss
It would probably look equally good with my leather recaros. The words RECARO in green too!
Yea I was thinking about that while doing my stitch. One second I was thinking "I'm glad I ended up with these seats" then I said "well I can actually probably make the recaros look pretty awesome too" like you said, the letters would be sweet
Old 6/4/13, 02:12 AM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea I was thinking about that while doing my stitch. One second I was thinking "I'm glad I ended up with these seats" then I said "well I can actually probably make the recaros look pretty awesome too" like you said, the letters would be sweet
I was thinking the same thing! Have to see what colors they have while I'm back in the states.
Old 6/4/13, 06:09 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Boss 1409

I was thinking the same thing! Have to see what colors they have while I'm back in the states.
They've got so many colors. Should be able to find just about anything!
Old 6/4/13, 06:10 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Looks great!
Old 6/4/13, 08:14 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Looks great!
Thanks evil
Old 6/4/13, 08:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

They should have them, u going to do something like a grabber blue? No it can't
Yep going with a grabber blue. Looks like they have quite a few shades that are close to it. I probably won't get around to doing this for a few weeks though
Old 6/4/13, 06:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Your thread inspired me. That's a sneaky way of saying I copied you. Here are some pics for those considering red.

Green stitch-image-1917284317.jpg

Green stitch-image-3024213906.jpg

Green stitch-image-2095552957.jpg
Old 6/4/13, 06:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V
Your thread inspired me. That's a sneaky way of saying I copied you. Here are some pics for those considering red.
Very cool my man, isn't it just awesome! I find myself looking at my passenger seat while driving lol I know it's not good
Old 6/4/13, 07:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Very cool my man, isn't it just awesome! I find myself looking at my passenger seat while driving lol I know it's not good
It looks factory. That's what I was going for overall with my car. I love how my car looked right off the lot. I just wanted to amplify the things that made it good. Your mod gave my interior some jump while looking like it came that way.

Quick Reply: Green stitch