Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

garage opener

Search this Thread

Old 9/11/13, 08:09 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
garage opener

How many people had problems getting the garage door opened working.

I still havent gotten it but only tried it a few times.

Or any tricks to getting it

i have a 2014
Old 9/11/13, 08:46 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had the same problem with my 2013. Found that I had the wrong operators manual, when I searched the web and found 3 different manuals for the 2013. Downloaded another manual, different instructions, followed them and garage door works like a charm
Old 9/11/13, 09:00 PM
V6 Member

Check the Ford support videos here:
http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...d&model=Taurus

There are five videos on setting the Mustang garage door opener with various types of automatic garage door openers.
Old 9/12/13, 04:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rick57

i have a 2014
Even when you get it working, you have to hold that button in a little longer than your garage remote.
Old 9/12/13, 06:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

My manual must be correct (took shipment from factory October 2012) because I've had no issues programming
Old 9/12/13, 11:10 AM
GT Member

^ Same here, Oct. '12 delivery and garage door opener setup worked the first time! I was really surprised, the instructions sounded like a real PITA, but I followed them exactly...

I think I had to get up on a ladder and do something at the opener too, whatever the instructions said, and I was happy it worked first time as I was by myself, and what with the push-button in the car, it could have been a lot of up and down nuisance.

Last edited by cfraser; 9/12/13 at 11:12 AM.
Old 9/12/13, 12:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Anyone have a source for the visor that has the door opener built in? It's the only "premium" feature that I wanted but couldn't get with my base GT.
Old 9/12/13, 04:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dmichaels
Anyone have a source for the visor that has the door opener built in? It's the only "premium" feature that I wanted but couldn't get with my base GT.
I think there's more to it than the visor. Pretty sure it's part of the Homelink package that includes the mirror... and not inexpensive.
Old 9/12/13, 05:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by wannabe
I think there's more to it than the visor. Pretty sure it's part of the Homelink package that includes the mirror... and not inexpensive.
Yeah maybe it was the mirror that had the buttons. I don't remember. If it's the mirror I'd just need to wire in power wires. Could probably tap into the dome lights.

Vendors offer the homelink mirror?
Old 9/12/13, 05:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Homelink install

That is what I was thinking... maybe a winter project!
Old 9/12/13, 08:09 PM
GT Member

^ Seems like a lot of work to get something that (probably) won't work any better than the opener remote you already have. And is potentially less "secure" because you can't take it out of the car (but who does?). OTOH, it *is* nice to have, and I particularly wanted it. Just because.
Old 9/12/13, 08:42 PM
V6 Member

I found a auto dimming mirror with homelink and compass on ebay for $120. Easy install and its nice to have those options.
Old 9/13/13, 04:27 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dmichaels
Homelink install

That is what I was thinking... maybe a winter project!
I did this install with an easier twist. Rather that install the entire homelink bezel onto the overhead console, I installed a small push button switch (one hole drilled in the console), and used this switch to operate the ground to the homelight module. I stuffed the homelight module into the roof liner above the roof center console, wired the switch to the ground wire of the homelink module, and the red (or power lead) of the homelink was connected to the power lead of the lights in the console.

This way, only one small black push switch to activate the homelink to open the garage door.
Old 9/13/13, 09:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Bucko
I did this install with an easier twist. Rather that install the entire homelink bezel onto the overhead console, I installed a small push button switch (one hole drilled in the console), and used this switch to operate the ground to the homelight module. I stuffed the homelight module into the roof liner above the roof center console, wired the switch to the ground wire of the homelink module, and the red (or power lead) of the homelink was connected to the power lead of the lights in the console.

This way, only one small black push switch to activate the homelink to open the garage door.
Hmm - interesting idea. That does seem a bit more simple in terms of installation, and it's nice and clean from the sounds. Would like to see a couple pictures if you have any.

I like these creative solutions - good suggestion! Sounds like this will be a winter project for me.
Old 9/13/13, 09:32 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by rick57

i have a 2014
Originally Posted by radioguy1
Check the Ford support videos here:
http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...d&model=Taurus

There are five videos on setting the Mustang garage door opener with various types of automatic garage door openers.
You are just too fast for me, radioguy1! Thank you for getting rick57 the link to the videos though.

Deysha
Old 9/14/13, 08:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The Homelink install in the posted link is great except that it won't work with convertibles or cars with the security system option. Convertibles have the top switch taking up space and the motion sensor of the security system is also in the dome lamp assembly.

There is good news and bad news about installing a factory visor mounted Homelink system. The good news is that the only part you need is the Homelink visor - all the electronics are contained in it and it only requires power and ground. Using power and ground from the wiring in the headliner near the dome lamp is easy and also resolves the security issue because it won't work once the retained accessory power is off (i.e. ignition off and door opened). The bad news is that Ford charges a lot for the visor - I paid almost $200 for mine. If ordering, be aware that the coupe and convertible use different visors.
Old 9/14/13, 01:42 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
The only problem I have with mine is that for some reason on the Mustang the button I programmed for the left door opens and closes both doors instead of just the left one. The button I programmed for the right door only opens and closes that door.

On my wife's Lincoln the left button operates only the left door and the right button operates only the right door, as programmed.