Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

"Belt-Minder"?

Search this Thread

Old 10/20/13, 02:00 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian_289
(I've had a shoulder injury on my left side and stock belts hurt on long trips) and I don't know if an aftermarket belt will still trigger the light.
Similar issue here. I've had my chest cracked, have abdomen scar tissue from an injury, and that dang belt is way over tight causing shoulder pain and beltline pain. I often tuck it under my arm but even there it causes pain after an extended drive. I've tried one of those shoulder wraps but a) the belt won't retract when you get out and b) the dang belt still pulls too tight. So I wind up pulling out slack and holding it to get some relief. I won't drive without a belt though.
Geez Ford - it grabs on braking anyway so why so tight of a pull when driving???
Old 10/20/13, 03:37 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Similar issue here. I've had my chest cracked, have abdomen scar tissue from an injury, and that dang belt is way over tight causing shoulder pain and beltline pain. I often tuck it under my arm but even there it causes pain after an extended drive. I've tried one of those shoulder wraps but a) the belt won't retract when you get out and b) the dang belt still pulls too tight. So I wind up pulling out slack and holding it to get some relief. I won't drive without a belt though.
Geez Ford - it grabs on braking anyway so why so tight of a pull when driving???
I hear you. I have broken both clavicles(my left one twice) and broken several ribs on multiple occasions. The downside to riding dirt bikes when I was younger. But yeah Ford does make them way too tight. I've looked at 4 and 5 point harnesses but they look to be too tight. I think I'm boned either way. I just have to take it off occasionally to relieve pain on long trips. But it never stays off long. I just hate the damned "DING DING". Cars are too damned smart now. Skynet has become self-aware.