Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Adding the OEM nav

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/19, 08:34 AM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks. My auxiliary and usb are working fine (that was a larger gray cable) but with only this single cable and everything working, I am curious what it would go to...I am thinking a heated seats module that later splits (never seen one) OR the LED MyColor feature that came in some cars (again I have never seen those connections).
Old 6/5/19, 10:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by cholmes1
Thanks for the extra information. You may want to look at the opening posts on the heated/cooled seats thread. It sounds like you have the wrong module. Your heated seats light on the nav dash should light even if it’s not connected. Sounds like you have the wrong module. Typically it is the shippers fault.

As an aside for the group. Does anyone know what the plug goes to? It was in my console harness after my nav install. I assume it is for heated seats

That's for the automatic transmission. Nothing to do with heated seats.
LEXiiON
Old 6/14/19, 04:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a 2013 Mustang GT with heated seats that I would like to add the Factory Nav to. I bought a Nav from a 2014 Mustang GT, but it did not include the Dash Harness. I visited both of the Ford dealerships in town, but only one would make any kind of attempt to help me. I have read that the 2014 dash harness will not work in a 2013. I do not have a VIN number for a Nav equipped 2013. Do any of you have any ideas on how to get the right harness? If I buy the wrong one they will not allow a return. Thanks,

Rick
Old 6/15/19, 03:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Try going on Tasca Ford's site or Autonation. You can scroll through what you need there and find the right part number.
Old 6/17/19, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Parts

Hey guys I just finished my swap and everything works perfectly. I have a few extra parts for sale anyone needs anything. I have an extra amp, faceplate, sync module, sun load sensor, ac/nav controls and temperature sensor for the evaporator housing all that came from a 2014. You can message me or find them listed on eBay as well. I bought them from a salvage yard so they’re in the condition the were bought in. Buttons on the controls stick but probably just needs a cleaning. Also if anyone needs help I just completed the install a week or so ago so I can offer some help while it’s still fresh in my head.
The following users liked this post:
KönaMACh1 (11/23/21)
Old 7/11/19, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by justaslow3.7
Hey guys add another swap to the list! Just did it on my 2014 and everything works great! This thread is a little dead now but ill still leave this hear, I do have an extra harness that came with the Nav for a 2013 if anyone would like to use it. Ill let it go for cheap if someone else would like to use it rather than buy new. Thank you to the OP for making this thread and helping everyone out!
Hey I just sent you a PM
Old 8/12/19, 06:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When you replace the steering wheel switch, is it necessary to also replace the steering column harness. Or will the new switch work with the existing wiring. Thanks,

Rick
2013 Mustang GT
Old 8/12/19, 07:24 PM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Only the switch is needed
Old 8/13/19, 01:32 PM

If anyone needs it, I have the complete nav dash harness for a ‘11-‘12 mustang with amp included. I bought it with my nav but since I have a 2013 I can’t use it without rewiring too much.

PM me if interested, I’ll let it go for cheap!

EDIT: Harness is SOLD!
still available:
AMP (‘11-‘12 under dash)
Sync Module

Last edited by lrottes; 9/14/19 at 06:44 PM.
Old 9/2/19, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by mattmck27
Me and my friend decided to take the dash out again. We double checked the motor actuators and the new climate harness. After we put the dash back in and reconnected almost everything we got the air to work fully along with the radio and navigation. Once we bolted down everything and took it on the road to test the nav out we also tested the controls. The only buttons that don’t light up are the heated seats. The dash harness came out of a car that didn’t have the heated seats but I bought the module. As far as I remember the button module had two connections. I saw something that looked like a possible third connection but it was in a weird spot.
Any idea what changed? I’m having the same issue - stuck on defrost. Can change temps on the touch screen but no buttons are working on my FCIM...would really like to avoid new purchases if I can...
Old 9/2/19, 06:56 AM

Holy crap this is a lot of reading. I just bought a barely used 2014 Mustang and would love for it to have oem navigation. I say barely used because currently the odometer hasn’t hit 13500kms, that’s less than 8400 miles for you Americans.

It’s a V6 6MT MCA premium car with heated leather seats and rear parking sensors and Sync. Would love to have the oem navi and backup camera. What exactly is needed to do the swap? There’s so much to read in this thread I don’t know what’s what.

Would not be first time doing this though. I had a 2006 Honda Civic Si. In Canada they never came with OEM navigation but in the USA they did. So I got a used navi from the states and bought the correct dash harness from the states so it was just plug and play. Just had to wire up the heated side mirrors as Canadians got that but not Americans. It was simple but tedious. Didn’t have to program anything.

Thanks to anyone that could help me out.
Old 9/7/19, 01:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Xenin
Holy crap this is a lot of reading. I just bought a barely used 2014 Mustang and would love for it to have oem navigation. I say barely used because currently the odometer hasn’t hit 13500kms, that’s less than 8400 miles for you Americans.

It’s a V6 6MT MCA premium car with heated leather seats and rear parking sensors and Sync. Would love to have the oem navi and backup camera. What exactly is needed to do the swap? There’s so much to read in this thread I don’t know what’s what.

Thanks to anyone that could help me out.
Have you read the thread at all? Everything you need is in here, especially the first couple pages.
Old 9/7/19, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by jim010
Have you read the thread at all? Everything you need is in here, especially the first couple pages.
I was reading the first few pages and skimmed the last pages. I’ll eventually read everything to see what I need. There’s a lot to read.
Old 9/7/19, 03:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Only the first few pages matter. Everything else is troubleshooting. The first few posts list everything you need.
Old 9/7/19, 03:36 PM

Hi guys. Just starting on the nav upgrade and dual zone conversion on my 2014 GT Base. Dash harness is in and dual zone is in. Very easy! I had to add the amp and wanted to add the heated and power seats from my donor car. Now I am to the main body harness. Does the main body harness only stay in the cabin or does it go into the engine compartment and under the car also? Does the carpet and headliner need to be removed? Any suggestions on where to start with the body harness? Thanks ,Joe.
Old 9/9/19, 07:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Body harness does go underneath the car at one spot under the rear seats, I think I remember. I pretty much removed everything to get it in.
Old 9/9/19, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by jim010
Body harness does go underneath the car at one spot under the rear seats, I think I remember. I pretty much removed everything to get it in.
Thanks Jim. Going to try to finish it up this weekend.
Old 9/9/19, 08:50 PM

2011 Base swap extra plug

Mostly successful in swapping my base 2011...still troubleshooting A/C only blowing defrost (will check connections later). Current issues - faceplate buttons not powered at all, not working. Not sure if bent pins, everything clicks into place just fine. Info/setup/reset buttons also not working at all, everything plugged in fine. Lastly - below that, I have an extra plug that was not on the base harness. Any idea what that plugs into? Thanks all - Joe

*edit* Added picture of the extra plug I’m talking about. Thanks!

Last edited by falconflyr6; 9/10/19 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Added picture of extra plug
Old 9/14/19, 01:59 PM

Update - checked A/C connections from the dash harness and the climate harness, all looked good to go. Ran the car, and for about a minute the a/c functioned properly, though I was still unable to control which vents from the touch screen. Then, back to the auto-defrost.

No bent pins or anything in the FCIM connection, so I really don’t know why that isn’t working at all other than straight broken. About to crack it open...only thought I have, could it for some reason be no climate sensor in the FCIM? About to check it...
Old 9/14/19, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by falconflyr6

Mostly successful in swapping my base 2011...still troubleshooting A/C only blowing defrost (will check connections later). Current issues - faceplate buttons not powered at all, not working. Not sure if bent pins, everything clicks into place just fine. Info/setup/reset buttons also not working at all, everything plugged in fine. Lastly - below that, I have an extra plug that was not on the base harness. Any idea what that plugs into? Thanks all - Joe

*edit* Added picture of the extra plug I’m talking about. Thanks!
Did the harness come out of an 11-12?
Plug may be for the amp?

you may also find out what it connects to if you check the wire colors & pinouts and then search through the 2011 Mustang wiring diagrams. I believe they are posted in this forum!

Last edited by lrottes; 9/14/19 at 06:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Adding the OEM nav