Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Adding the OEM nav

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/19, 08:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Try United Radio in New Jersey
Old 3/13/19, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jim I really need your help I don't know I you remember about this title, but I have a mustang v6 base 2012 y buy and install the nav system but its only sound in the left front speaker, I'm desperate I just want it sound. I don't know which option its easy the oem or the aftermarket option.
i don't care about the a/c dual.
I try to understand the post but most of the pictures are not longer available.
Old 3/13/19, 02:25 AM

i have install all these ones.

please help.
Old 3/13/19, 01:52 PM

i also have problem to conect the phone to the nav. do you know what its needed to connect in sync module
Old 3/20/19, 07:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by alexdf
i also have problem to conect the phone to the nav. do you know what its needed to connect in sync module
nothing there, that is a diagnostic USB port
Old 3/20/19, 10:51 PM

I try to connect my phone with bluetooth and no results some ideas?
Old 3/21/19, 08:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

This was so long ago for me, that I don't remember much anymore. My guess is you have a bent pin somewhere in your connectors. Try checking those for your speaker.

As for the phone, you will need to get the proper steering wheel switch for that, as your old one won't work properly.
Old 3/21/19, 08:56 AM

jim I already change the steering wheel for a brand new all its working lees the "USER DEVISE" , when I push the button the nav. says "connect error-see dealer"
Old 3/21/19, 09:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

That isn't the right switch. You need the one that does not have "OK" on it.

Your phone button will not work with the old switch.

I still think there is a bent pin somewhere for your speaker issue, if all the other speakers work.

Interesting that you can't see the photos. I can see them all...

Last edited by jim010; 3/21/19 at 09:50 AM.
Old 3/22/19, 01:18 AM

Jim with the steering wheel button its going to fix my sync problem?

do you have the part number?
Old 3/22/19, 09:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I cannot say anything for sure. I know that the phone won't work until you do.

Part number is at the beginning of the thread.
Old 4/28/19, 11:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by alexdf
jim I really need your help I don't know I you remember about this title, but I have a mustang v6 base 2012 y buy and install the nav system but its only sound in the left front speaker, I'm desperate I just want it sound. I don't know which option its easy the oem or the aftermarket option.
i don't care about the a/c dual.
I try to understand the post but most of the pictures are not longer available.
Alex, I dont know if you got this fixed yet but I had the same problem.. I had to repin my speaker wires due to wiring for nav and non-nav is wired a little different. Also, I had to use forscan to change some settings for my factory amp to work with my nav unit. Hope this helps.
Old 5/28/19, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need help

Hey everyone, looking for some help. I started my project on my 2014 GT. I wanted to install the factory navigation as well as make the vehicle dual climate. So far I have changed the evaporator housing and reattached the actuators as well as installed the extra one needed on the driver side. When I went to test everything the air would blow through the defroster and the sides of the dash that flow into the doors but not any of the vents in the cabin. Does anyone have any idea how to correct this? Also when I reinstalled the dash and center console harness I noticed that I didn’t have a connection for the USB port. The harness was taken out of a wreck. I was wondering if I have a GT premium could the harness be from a base model or do all models come with USB and I simply messed up the connections. Any help is appreciated!
Old 5/28/19, 11:43 AM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
It sounds like you may not have an updated dual-zone HVAC module. When you’re on the navigation screen and hit the black ‘climate’ button does it allow you to adjust both sides? Are you able to feel a temperature difference?

For the USB connection I believe all models with Sync would have that so you may have been sent an incorrect harness or have something connected incorrectly. I would double check and ideally compare the two harnesses against one another.

I hope this helps
Old 5/28/19, 01:00 PM

I misspoke. I couldn’t find a connection for the AUX. when me and my buddy were checking everything we were able to do dual climate control changes but it only blew threw the defrost vents.
Old 5/30/19, 06:07 PM

Heated seats

I just completed the total install. Almost everything works. Only thing is my heated seats don’t work. Unless I misread I had a harness from a car that didn’t have heated seats. I bought the module that had them so it should work. Did I miss something?
Old 6/1/19, 08:50 AM
V6 Member

So you were able to get your dual zone system working? I do not have heated seats but it is part of my control panel and console harness. Did the control module you bought match the year of your installed system?
Old 6/1/19, 09:09 AM

Me and my friend decided to take the dash out again. We double checked the motor actuators and the new climate harness. After we put the dash back in and reconnected almost everything we got the air to work fully along with the radio and navigation. Once we bolted down everything and took it on the road to test the nav out we also tested the controls. The only buttons that don’t light up are the heated seats. The dash harness came out of a car that didn’t have the heated seats but I bought the module. As far as I remember the button module had two connections. I saw something that looked like a possible third connection but it was in a weird spot.
Old 6/1/19, 09:27 AM
V6 Member

Thanks for the extra information. You may want to look at the opening posts on the heated/cooled seats thread. It sounds like you have the wrong module. Your heated seats light on the nav dash should light even if it’s not connected. Sounds like you have the wrong module. Typically it is the shippers fault.

As an aside for the group. Does anyone know what the plug goes to? It was in my console harness after my nav install. I assume it is for heated seats

Last edited by cholmes1; 6/1/19 at 09:34 AM.
Old 6/1/19, 10:50 AM

I think that’s my problem. After looking at parts stores and eBay I saw that there were modules that looked like my old one for manual ac and heated seats but I guess the ones they were selling were programmed for without. So since I used the one out of the donor car which didn’t have heated seats that makes sense now. I need to buy a new one. With regard to your connector question I think that looks like your auxiliary connection that goes right next to the usb. I could be wrong but that looks like the one I forgot to plug in which in the end was the aux.

Quick Reply: Adding the OEM nav