Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

2014 shaker audio question

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/14, 08:26 AM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 shaker audio question

Maybe its me, but the high end sounds seem muted. I do not have a factory display, just a bass and treble control and with the treble pretty much cranked up, it just doesn't seem to deliver.
Has anyone else experienced this?
I was considering adding a pair of tweeters up front to see if it helps any. Any thoughts or opinions are appreceated.
Thanks!
Jeff
Old 5/5/14, 02:16 PM
GT Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by snarlman
Maybe its me, but the high end sounds seem muted. I do not have a factory display, just a bass and treble control and with the treble pretty much cranked up, it just doesn't seem to deliver.
Has anyone else experienced this?
I was considering adding a pair of tweeters up front to see if it helps any. Any thoughts or opinions are appreceated.
Thanks!
Jeff
Just by changing out the speakers is a huge improvement. I have these installed.
Amazon Amazon
Old 5/5/14, 07:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have to wildly disagree with DJ.

The Shaker Pro differs from the other systems, and the front speakers are component speakers, and actually aren't bad. The only really worthwhile replacement would be a mid to high end component set. the rear speakers though? junk. replace immediately.

For me, when I replaced the deck and got a high end one that totally unlocked proper equalization, the stock door components sounded great.

I replaced them with some Polk 5x7's that are highly touted here as being awesome, and was totally underwhelmed. Didn't see them as much of an upgrade at all after the deck had been replaced with a Kenwood DNX891HD.

Replacement higher end Polk Components are on the way, and I'm sure I'll be seeing some improvement from there.

FWIW, the high mids/highs are seriously excellent w/ a proper deck. It's the sub/amp for the shaker pro and the door midbass that need some love.
Old 5/6/14, 04:47 AM
V6 Member

Thanks for the replies David and Danielle, I am not sure if mine is a "shaker pro" I know its a shaker and am not sure if there is a difference between the v6 and GT audio systems. I would guess its all the same.
I would have no problem swapping out the speakers, but with what they are using for a head unit, I would lose the compass, and outside temp as well as the satellite radio (should I keep it active).
Thanks again, I will keep you posted.
Old 5/6/14, 07:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
i have to wildly disagree with DJ. The Shaker Pro differs from the other systems, and the front speakers are component speakers, and actually aren't bad. The only really worthwhile replacement would be a mid to high end component set. the rear speakers though? junk. replace immediately. For me, when I replaced the deck and got a high end one that totally unlocked proper equalization, the stock door components sounded great. I replaced them with some Polk 5x7's that are highly touted here as being awesome, and was totally underwhelmed. Didn't see them as much of an upgrade at all after the deck had been replaced with a Kenwood DNX891HD. Replacement higher end Polk Components are on the way, and I'm sure I'll be seeing some improvement from there. FWIW, the high mids/highs are seriously excellent w/ a proper deck. It's the sub/amp for the shaker pro and the door midbass that need some love.
I am not sure but I think only the Shaker Pro gets the component speakers in the doors. I believe the "standard Shaker" in the Premium cars gets the same old 5x7s that they've been using...
Old 5/6/14, 07:28 AM
GT Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
I am not sure but I think only the Shaker Pro gets the component speakers in the doors. I believe the "standard Shaker" in the Premium cars gets the same old 5x7s that they've been using...
The standard shaker gets components up front also. I could tell a big difference when all four were changed out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only difference between the "Shaker" and "Shaker Pro" is the addition of a subwoofer in the trunk.

Last edited by DJ2014; 5/6/14 at 07:30 AM.
Old 5/6/14, 07:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJ2014

The standard shaker gets components up front also. I could tell a big difference when all four were changed out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only difference between the "Shaker" and "Shaker Pro" is the addition of a subwoofer in the trunk.
Pro does have a sub and amp in the trunk.

I have an aftermarket deck that integrates with sync, so I never lost my compass, external temp or any of that.
Old 5/7/14, 06:40 AM
V6 Member

Thank you both, I don't think I could have gotten the "pro" with the v6 premium/pony. I was playing around on line, looking at the options on the factory website and did not see it.
Thanks again.
Jeff
Old 3/24/18, 06:41 AM

Is the amp only connected to the sub or all other speakers
Old 3/24/18, 09:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Sub only, there is another amp in the driver kick panel for the speakers and door subs