Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

2013 WeatherTech Mats

Search this Thread

Old 11/2/12, 09:06 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll confirm that the 12 mats fit well in the 13 without the passenger posts.
Old 11/2/12, 01:21 PM
V6 Member

I went ahead and ordered the Husky liners from Amazon (got a full set of 4 liners and the trunk liner for ~$170). I'll be sure to post back in here for a review when I get them in.
Old 11/2/12, 02:02 PM
GT Member

^ Yeah, please do. Also some more part nos. for the custom or semi-custom Husky stuff would help me.

The Husky retailer on amazon.com doesn't ship to Canada, nor does any custom Husky stuff show up for '12/13 Mustangs on the Canadian distributor's (??) site that I noticed. Clearly I won't order something random sight unseen with their "expensive" shipping and restocking fee (WT has it too I'm told by retailer, but unverified) in Canada.
Old 11/2/12, 09:33 PM
GT Member

I installed my WT winter mats today. Haven't driven it yet to confirm everything.

They are NOT $160 as ppl here are saying - I didn't see that price anywhere. I ordered W178-W50 from Stage 3 Motorsports for $110 shipped. That's all four mats.

There is no "color sticker" anywhere on the mats (I ordered black).

As far as fitment, I had to trim the rears a lot to fit them - there are easy to follow channels to trim, easily cut with scissors. They fit well, tight enough that clearly they won't move around. I'll probably never have anyone sit back there anyway, but I still wanted them as factory came with NONE.

Front left has two holes molded in that line up with the retaining posts, but the holes are plugged. So far, I just worked the holes with my finger and shoved the mats over the posts. If that doesn't pan out, then I'll cut the "holes" open. No other trimming will be needed. I wish it went up farther towards the front (that the mat was longer), but it is not shorter than the factory mats. I'm sure they're cautious not to get near the pedals. It still looks like snow on the shoes would drip down past the front of the mat, but I won't know that for certain until the snow flies.

Front right is no issue, just plop the mat in.

All mats have "spikes" on the underside, so they won't have a tendency to slide around in any location.

Their flexible, apparently high quality, and don't smell (I read some other mats have a distinct, strong smell).

I vow to get pics, as we all love pics of these things! My black interior in the garage was just too dimly lit.

Still, I wish I had this thread before I ordered! I'd have considered the Husky more seriously than I did, though so far I'm not unhappy with the WeatherTech mats.

Last edited by JoesCat; 11/3/12 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11/2/12, 10:24 PM

I bought the WT Digital Liners for my 2013 Shelby per being told there was no difference in the floor dimensions from 2012 to 2013 Shelby. They fit as they should and I really like them.

I liked the fact that the WT Liners didn't have all of the small groves/ridges like the Husky liners did. To me that would make them very difficult to clean. Each to their own.

I too was told that WT had just scanned the 2013 and it would be 2-3 more months before they are out. I appreciate the heads up on the 2012 WT Digital Liners working for 2013 Shelby.

Hope this helps.
Old 11/3/12, 02:44 PM
GT Member

Pics

Pics of WeatherTech mats installed in 2013 . . .

Name:  IMG_9189.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  146.9 KB

Name:  IMG_9191.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  145.7 KB

Name:  IMG_9192.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  102.0 KB

Name:  IMG_9193.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  116.4 KB

Name:  IMG_9196.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  126.2 KB
Old 11/3/12, 02:53 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I though the covered more? Guess I'm thinking of the hunky liners??
Old 11/3/12, 03:05 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JoesCat
Pics of WeatherTech mats installed in 2013 . . .
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
I though the covered more? Guess I'm thinking of the hunky liners??
Those aren't the WT tub style.

Last edited by cdynaco; 11/3/12 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11/3/12, 03:13 PM

I'm interested in the tub style. Wish I could just get the drivers side.
Old 11/3/12, 03:26 PM
Post *****

I'm interested in the tub style. Wish I could just get the drivers side.
In the rare event I have a passenger, they are typically unconcerned about shaking snow or mud off their feet before plopping them down on the carpet. Plus if I have wet gloves or groceries & produce, I can put them on the passenger side and I don't have to worry about anything wrecking the carpet. The additional protection of the passenger tub is worth it for me.

Last edited by cdynaco; 11/3/12 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11/3/12, 03:30 PM
GT Member

Nice pics, handy if I get those mats, now I'll know how to trim the rears without screwing around... Wow, just look at all that footroom in the rear too.

BTW, is most of the dead pedal covered with the WT mat, or at least a useful amount? That part is one of the things I'm preferring with the Husky liners. OTOH, maybe there is an easy-to-install dead pedal I'd rather go with (saw some here). [Note that the WT "alternate images" for their liners on the .com and .ca sites do not match my '13 car. .ca shows an automatic that does have a proper dead pedal and the .com shows a manual with apparently a proper dead pedal too.]
Old 11/3/12, 03:38 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by cfraser

BTW, is most of the dead pedal covered with the WT mat, or at least a useful amount? That part is one of the things I'm preferring with the Husky liners. ]
The WT doesn't cover it entirely but I didn't care. My pic was before I installed a dead pedal that matches my other pedals. It mounts above the WT tub.

Old 11/3/12, 03:53 PM

Does your heel slip around on the mats when wet?
Old 11/3/12, 04:21 PM
Post *****

Does your heel slip around on the mats when wet?
Not that I've noticed in sneakers and boots.
Old 11/3/12, 07:12 PM
GT Member

Had a short trip with the WT's installed, no drive-ability issues encountered.

Cfraser, thanks I tried to get a good quality pic, especially of the back ones installed as I've not seen a pic anywhere of them IN the car (the one shown is the right side). I probably could have left the rear-left-most "block" not trimmed off (in the pic, the one with 4 "blocks" remaining, it's a pretty close fit. I elected to just trim it and leave that corner bit of carpet exposed.

Not foul weather tested yet, so I don't know if the material become more slippery when wet. I would hope not!

Cdynco, no kidding - most passengers just hop in ;( I have one buddy who thinks to clear hit boots, but forgets to knock them together so kicks the side of the car ;( I'd much rather not take passengers in any kind of inclement weather and sidestep the entire issue.

Here's a pic better showing the dead pedal area:

Name:  IMG_9190.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  128.5 KB

Hmmm, I just noticed I've tapped the left wall a few times with dusty feet! Time to clean that and STOP doing that haha.
Old 11/3/12, 07:40 PM
GT Member

I installed my WT winter mats today. Haven't driven it yet to confirm everything.

They are NOT $160 as ppl here are saying - I didn't see that price anywhere. I ordered W178-W50 from Stage 3 Motorsports for $110 shipped. That's all four mats.
Reason u did not see $160.00 you got the wrong mats.
Ones we are talking about have way more coverage & sorry but much better mats!

Ones u got are almost like winter mats from Ford that I bought & decided not to use.
The tub mats "Digital fit" covers all carpet area & are like 4 inches deep, no chance of water anywhere!

Last edited by Barry626; 11/3/12 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11/3/12, 07:50 PM
GT Member

There are the Husky we are talking about for under $100.00.
Weathertech version of these are $160.00 + shipping cost.
Attached Images  
Old 11/4/12, 05:28 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is no "color sticker" anywhere on the mats (I ordered black).

As far as fitment, I had to trim the rears a lot to fit them - there are easy to follow channels to trim, easily cut with scissors. They fit well, tight enough that clearly they won't move around. I'll probably never have anyone sit back there anyway, but I still wanted them as factory came with NONE.

Front left has two holes molded in that line up with the retaining posts, but the holes are plugged. So far, I just worked the holes with my finger and shoved the mats over the posts. If that doesn't pan out, then I'll cut the "holes" open. No other trimming will be needed. I wish it went up farther towards the front (that the mat was longer), but it is not shorter than the factory mats. I'm sure they're cautious not to get near the pedals. It still looks like snow on the shoes would drip down past the front of the mat, but I won't know that for certain until the snow flies.

Front right is no issue, just plop the mat in.

All mats have "spikes" on the underside, so they won't have a tendency to slide around in any location.

Their flexible, apparently high quality, and don't smell (I read some other mats have a distinct, strong smell).

I vow to get pics, as we all love pics of these things! My black interior in the garage was just too dimly lit.

Still, I wish I had this thread before I ordered! I'd have considered the Husky more seriously than I did, though so far I'm not unhappy with the WeatherTech mats.
LINERS, not mats. The liners are a huge difference over mats. Most folks here buy the liners, which was what I was refering to as to the advertisment decal I do not like.
Old 11/4/12, 04:44 PM
GT Member

While he was referring to the cheaper set still the weathertech liners are only $117 @ AM. You can see in their pics the color logo people referred to there. While I think my WeatherTech liners are perfectly fine from what I've seen it looks like the Husky mats are still a better value and do cover a little more up front (plus you get back seat mats!). I probably would have ordered Husky if I knew about them before I got my WeatherTechs
Old 11/4/12, 05:58 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SkyyPunk
While he was referring to the cheaper set still the weathertech liners are only $117 @ AM. You can see in their pics the color logo people referred to there. While I think my WeatherTech liners are perfectly fine from what I've seen it looks like the Husky mats are still a better value and do cover a little more up front (plus you get back seat mats!). I probably would have ordered Husky if I knew about them before I got my WeatherTechs
Yeah, that price is just for the front pair of liners. I got all 4 Husky liners for $90ish on Amazon. Trunk liner was ~$75.

Quick Reply: 2013 WeatherTech Mats