Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

2013 Shaker Pro radio mute?

Search this Thread

Old 4/17/13, 11:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Shaker Pro radio mute?

I apologize if this is posted elsewhere. I've looked to no avail.

I've got a '13 GT500 with electronics pkg/nav and the Shaker Pro system. Is there a radio mute wire in the harness? I don't want to dig in if someone already knows that there isn't one. I have a radar detector that I can't hear very well with the music turned up. The detector does have a radio mute wire, but I have to find a place to tap it into.

Thanks in advance.
Old 4/18/13, 12:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by twawsico
I apologize if this is posted elsewhere. I've looked to no avail.

I've got a '13 GT500 with electronics pkg/nav and the Shaker Pro system. Is there a radio mute wire in the harness? I don't want to dig in if someone already knows that there isn't one. I have a radar detector that I can't hear very well with the music turned up. The detector does have a radio mute wire, but I have to find a place to tap it into.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, no idea where the wire would be, but I'm curious what detector you have? I often listen to my music very loud, and couldn't hear my radar detector (9500i) also. So I bought the external speaker, and that thing is LOUD!
Old 4/18/13, 01:14 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the STiR Plus and I do have the external speaker also. I guess my hearing ain't what it used to be, because I still have a hard time making it out if I have the stereo up very loud or am on the highway with the windows down.
Old 4/18/13, 02:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by twawsico
I've got the STiR Plus and I do have the external speaker also. I guess my hearing ain't what it used to be, because I still have a hard time making it out if I have the stereo up very loud or am on the highway with the windows down.
Nice choice, but wow...I had to install mine under the dash and aim it away from me just to keep it from being too loud. Where is yours mounted?