Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

2012 Shaker vs. 2013 Shaker

Search this Thread

Old 4/30/12, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hawkeye18
You sure your Uncle's C/S just didn't have the bass turned down?
I'm quite capable of turning a **** to the right, so no, the bass was not turned down.
None of the literature for the '13 makes any mention whatsoever of a "new and/or improved" Shaker system. One would think that would be at least a minor selling point.
Have you read ANY of the reviews from ANY of the DOZENS of magazines, websites, and hell, even the info on Ford's own website?

And that's why you're not qualified to offer opinions on a sound system.
Didn't say I exclusively listened to those now did I? I forgot to mention, people who listen to the mentioned genres of music are tone deaf, and know nothing about sound.

Keep trying bud.
Old 4/30/12, 08:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Double Z
I'm quite capable of turning a **** to the right, so no, the bass was not turned down.
Guess what, I'm capable of checking my bank account. That does not mean the economy's not jacked up.

Have you read ANY of the reviews from ANY of the DOZENS of magazines, websites, and hell, even the info on Ford's own website?
Honestly, if I'd seen anything regarding the new Shaker system, a) I wouldn't have said there wasn't anything, and b)I would think somebody would've mentioned it by now, either in this thread or elsewhere. You wouldn't mind showing me your sources?

Didn't say I exclusively listened to those now did I? I forgot to mention, people who listen to the mentioned genres of music are tone deaf, and know nothing about sound.
Nobody who appreciates Skrillex appreciates music. The two are mutually exclusive. Yes, that's an opinion. I think it's a well-founded one.

Keep trying bud.
I ain't yer bud, pal.
Old 4/30/12, 08:10 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Double Z

Keep trying bud.

Guess what, I'm capable of checking my bank account. That does not mean the economy's not jacked up.

Honestly, if I'd seen anything regarding the new Shaker system, a) I wouldn't have said there wasn't anything, and b)I would think somebody would've mentioned it by now, either in this thread or elsewhere. You wouldn't mind showing me your sources?

Nobody who appreciates Skrillex appreciates music. The two are mutually exclusive. Yes, that's an opinion. I think it's a well-founded one.

I ain't yer bud, pal.
Okay guys, everyone play nice. LOL that's the first time I've done that. I feel itchy
Old 4/30/12, 08:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Kabooka
Ok, scratching the Pro from my order. I've been told before as well. Is there anyone that actually likes the Pro/1000?
Big waste of money. Upgrade the stock 5x7/6x8's in the doors, and then consider an amp and further speaker upgrades if you want more quality sound. Folks are amazed how much better it sounds by just upgrading the upper speakers in the doors.
Old 4/30/12, 09:04 PM

Guess what,
I can't tell if you are being serious or just trolling, but here are some sources for you:

I believe the discussion is about the quality of the sound coming through the speakers and not an opinion on the listening preferences of the forum members. Just because Double Z likes the equivalent of a digital fart coming through his speakers, it does not mean that he is incapable of judging whether or not that sound is muddy or crystal clear.
Old 5/1/12, 12:48 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by steve03gt
When I saw the speakers in the rear parcel shelf, I laughed

Tell me about it. I had a chuckle too. I was shocked/disgusted by the quality of speakers Ford decided to stick in a 40k car.

I just upgraded to Infinity Kappas front and rear, and man what a difference. I've got a Stealthbox and bass amp on order. Once we recover from the purchase of the car, I'll probably get a Cleansweep, mid/high amp, and better door speakers.

For anyone who's wondering why the speakers are a laughing matter, check these pics out. The plastic ones are the door speakers. They weigh about as much as a couple pieces of paper. The "RadioShack" whizzer cone specials are from the rear deck.
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Shaker vs. 2013 Shaker-whiz1.jpg   2012 Shaker vs. 2013 Shaker-whiz2.jpg  
Old 5/1/12, 12:53 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Okay guys, everyone play nice. LOL that's the first time I've done that. I feel itchy
You feelin' alright?
Old 5/1/12, 01:06 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger

You feelin' alright?
I was just trying it out, I didn't like it.
Old 5/1/12, 05:49 AM

Hey Hawkeye,

First off, what's up your ***?

Second, if you're capable of checking your bank account, you're capable of searching Google. Try the keywords "2013 Mustang Shaker".

Happy hunting, bud.

P.S. Have you heard Skrillex's new track? It's **** good, again only an opinion
Old 5/1/12, 07:32 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

I was just trying it out, I didn't like it.
I didn't think you would
Old 5/1/12, 08:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Skip the Pro package and install a JL Audio setup like I did ...
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Shaker vs. 2013 Shaker-photo.jpg  
Old 5/1/12, 09:56 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wheelman
For the price of the Shaker Pro, which requires the even more expensive EP, you can get a better aftermarket setup for a whole lot less. That being said, Ive had two Shaker 500s and this new Shaker blows it away. Ive yet to turn the volume up past 2/3 and it was bumping pretty good and sounds great IMHO. Now, Ive only had the car less than a week and am not an audiophile but so far Im very pleased.
Shaker Pro does not require the EP. I agree, the Shaker needs the speakers replaced to wake it up.
Old 5/1/12, 10:02 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost

Shaker Pro does not require the EP. I agree, the Shaker needs the speakers replaced to wake it up.
Yeah, sorry, I misread this from the order guide: "ShakerTM Pro Audio System (918) now available for order with Electronics Package (58N)". Thats available with not required. Still too pricey for what you get though.
Old 5/1/12, 11:06 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
Skip the Pro package and install a JL Audio setup like I did ...
I'm getting a full JL audio upgrade in my '13 Boss later this summer, keeping the stock head unit and skipping the sub for now. I think the component speakers up high in the doors and 8's down low (replacing stock door panels with GT panels that have the speaker enclosure) as well as the rear deck will be perfect for me.

Been very happy with the JL Audio 5x7s I put in the front doors of my Merc as part of that system upgrade. The new system in my Mustang should rock!
Old 5/1/12, 11:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, a lot going on in this thread.
Just about any upgrade to the shaker will be much improved. The Kicker setup included. It's far from great but it's still better. Same with everyone else's upgrades. I like the JL setups I'm reading about. Though I am not a fan of JL full range, I respect the brand.

As far as music goes let's not stereotype. Personally I listen to music ranging from Wolfgang Mozart to Wolfgang Gartner, Skrillex to Sheryl Crow, Nirvana to NERD, James Brown to Janis Joplin, Queens of the Stone Age to just plain ole Queen. Everyone is different. I love rock music but I produce electronic music. You just can't stereotype anyone. It's easy too but need be reminded that Mustang owners need not stereotype. It's a hard road out of the trailer park, just ask the Camaro guys. Not joking, it's the point.
Old 5/1/12, 12:03 PM
GT Member

So far I wasn't incredibly impressed but it really depends on the song. So far I noticed some older songs (RATM and some others) sound really muddy, but newer songs (some recent Foo Fighters, Korn, etc) play quite nice on it...might be a coincidence though. These are all MP3s off of a flash drive and usually 320kbps. I have speakers to swap in - I just haven't yet. The bass doesn't seem to kick in much until you get the volume up a bit more. I have it raised in the settings so there was more when the volume was down - i haven't tried maxing it out (it just doesn't seem like that would be the solution). Ah well...still decent

Last edited by SkyyPunk; 5/1/12 at 12:05 PM.
Old 5/1/12, 12:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
As far as music goes let's not stereotype
I once bought ...And Justice For All, Cypress Hill (self-titled) and Little River Band's Greatest Hits at a local shop. The guy gave me this queer look and asked if they were all for me. Yessir! My next purchase was Yo-Yo Ma's Baroque album. Im eclectic I guess.

Last edited by wheelman; 5/1/12 at 12:36 PM.
Old 5/1/12, 12:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelman
I once bought ...And Justice For All, Cypress Hill (self-titled) and Little River Band's Greatest Hits at a local shop. The guy gave me this queer look and asked if they were all for me. Yessir! My next purchase was Yo-Yo Ma's Baroque album. Im eclectic I guess.
You just never know what someone is like or what they are into by judging. So what's the point.i get scolded for not liking the Beatles all the time. Well not all the time I suppose. But I just don't like The Beatles but I respect what they did and the quality of their music. It just isn't my taste. Then again I love Elvis. So there. I don't really want to make this a discussion on music any more really. If I have anything else I'll go to off topic. Meanwhile carry on with shaker upgrades.
Old 5/1/12, 12:45 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I just wish the new systems support FLAC or other lossless systems.
Old 5/1/12, 12:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Automagically

You just never know what someone is like or what they are into by judging. So what's the point.i get scolded for not liking the Beatles all the time. Well not all the time I suppose. But I just don't like The Beatles but I respect what they did and the quality of their music. It just isn't my taste. Then again I love Elvis. So there. I don't really want to make this a discussion on music any more really. If I have anything else I'll go to off topic. Meanwhile carry on with shaker upgrades.
Im the reverse, love Beatles, but not so much Elvis, but I respect both, as well as your tastes (and everyone else's).
Back on topic, will put the Shaker through some music tests and give a better review. Still havent had it past 2/3 yet though. Sh*t is loud IMHO!

Quick Reply: 2012 Shaker vs. 2013 Shaker