Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

2010+ Scosche Dash Kit

Search this Thread

Old 1/28/12, 11:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeJay 5.0
I had to purchase the ford sync aftermarket kit and it works 100% the same. I did not have to use the mic or Bluetooth features that came with the kenwood radio because I can still use all my features with the Ford Sync.
Awesome! I've been wondering where I can find a panel and what else might be involved. Very excited about this!
Old 2/1/12, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chip
What happen to DeeJay 5.0? I just received my dash kit and also wanted to know if he used the PAC MS-FRD1 to retain all the sync features! This kit claims to retain your Sirius radio too! Is this the only cable adapter needed?

Yes! I used the PAC MS-FRD1 to retain all SYNC features and that was the only adapter needed. You don't have to use that PAC display because you have your stock LCD which will still work as normal.
Old 2/1/12, 03:59 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes! I used the PAC MS-FRD1 to retain all SYNC features and that was the only adapter needed. You don't have to use that PAC display because you have your stock LCD which will still work as normal.
Thanks, I ordered the PAC MS-FRD1 with my Kennwood DNX 9980HD head unit. I was told that I also needed the PAC SWI jack to use all of my steering wheel controls..I had to order the Sirius package for Kenwood. Do you have Sirius? If so how did you go about transferring your subscription to your new head unit? I should get everything tomorrow! I know what I'll be doing this weekend!!!
Old 2/5/12, 12:36 AM

Hi Everybody - new to the site. Got a question about the Scosche kit. I have a base V6 so what gets displayed in the upper panel if you install a double-DIN head unit? The factory display in my car shows the volume, station, ext temp, etc. I assume all of that is displayed on a a decent head unit anyway. Since I don't have sync, is there any use for that display? What I would like to do is replace that panel with a pocket (just like you would with a single-DIN unit under the A/C controls). Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 2/8/12, 07:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Cainer70
Hi Everybody - new to the site. Got a question about the Scosche kit. I have a base V6 so what gets displayed in the upper panel if you install a double-DIN head unit? The factory display in my car shows the volume, station, ext temp, etc. I assume all of that is displayed on a a decent head unit anyway. Since I don't have sync, is there any use for that display? What I would like to do is replace that panel with a pocket (just like you would with a single-DIN unit under the A/C controls). Any thoughts?

Thanks!
none of the current dash kits woudl let you put in a double din and a pocket. the metra kit actually eliminates that factory display. do some searching around on the site and you will see. what ends up getting displayed is the compass and temperature.
Old 2/8/12, 08:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

question to those that have the scosche kit:

any issues with battery drain?

I installed the kit on a sunday, had to travel for work on Wednesday. Came back Tuesday and found the battery dead. both my head unit and scosche kit were acting funny once I got the car started. unplugged and replugged the radio harness and scosche kit and head unit is working fine now, but scosche kit screen goes black after a minute. will call their tech support later, but this is kinda weird.

Just curious if anyone else had problems.
Old 2/8/12, 10:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

OK folks who have the dash kit:

there is a firmware upgrade we ALL need to do on the kits in order to resolve the battery drain issue:

http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/product/2255
click on the download section and you will see the firmware update.
They just released the update less than a week ago. this should solve the battery drain issues (and likely 1 or 2 others we don't know about).

I will be doing this as soon as I get home tonight.

FYI also, when reconnecting the dash kit, you are supposed to get in the car, close all the doors, make sure ignition is off and wait about 7-10 mins before connecting the dash kit. the order of when you plug in the connectors is important. you are supposed to plug in the 24 pin connector FIRST, then the 8 pin connector, then you can plug it into the factory harness.

just sharing what the tech support rep told me to do.

Originally Posted by bones302

I installed the kit on a sunday, had to travel for work on Wednesday. Came back Tuesday and found the battery dead. both my head unit and scosche kit were acting funny once I got the car started. unplugged and replugged the radio harness and scosche kit and head unit is working fine now, but scosche kit screen goes black after a minute. will call their tech support later, but this is kinda weird.

Old 2/8/12, 05:37 PM

OK folks who have the dash kit:

there is a firmware upgrade we ALL need to do on the kits in order to resolve the battery drain issue:

http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/product/2255
click on the download section and you will see the firmware update.
They just released the update less than a week ago. this should solve the battery drain issues (and likely 1 or 2 others we don't know about).

I will be doing this as soon as I get home tonight.

FYI also, when reconnecting the dash kit, you are supposed to get in the car, close all the doors, make sure ignition is off and wait about 7-10 mins before connecting the dash kit. the order of when you plug in the connectors is important. you are supposed to plug in the 24 pin connector FIRST, then the 8 pin connector, then you can plug it into the factory harness.

just sharing what the tech support rep told me to do.

It is funny how I was just about to do an update about this error. I didn't make it to the update because my whole kit stop working, but before it did drain my battery and I unplugged it and did the 7 minute wait and it worked but the issue came back a couple days later. I called scosche and they told me about the update but it was too late because my kit no longer would come on. So now I returned the kit and they are suppose to be sending me the updated kit.
Old 2/9/12, 04:15 AM
GT Member

It is funny how I was just about to do an update about this error. I didn't make it to the update because my whole kit stop working, but before it did drain my battery and I unplugged it and did the 7 minute wait and it worked but the issue came back a couple days later. I called scosche and they told me about the update but it was too late because my kit no longer would come on. So now I returned the kit and they are suppose to be sending me the updated kit.
I got everything installed last Sunday and haven't had any battery problems with my kit! I didn't plug in my connectors in any certain order. I did wait 5 minutes after everything was plugged in and the battery reconnected before programing the steering wheel controller. Hope you have better luck with the new dash kit

Last edited by Chip; 2/9/12 at 04:16 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 2/19/12, 08:25 AM

Has anyone applied this update to there kit? I tried to do it today and kept getting update failed. I tried it about 10 times with the same result everytime.
Old 2/20/12, 04:11 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Army5.0
Has anyone applied this update to there kit? I tried to do it today and kept getting update failed. I tried it about 10 times with the same result everytime.
Straight from Scosche, this worked for me!!!

When performing the firmware update, place the UAC module into demo mode by disconnecting the 8 pin connector from the back. Turn the key to the ACC position. Then press and hold the bottom left and top left buttons on the UAC and plug the 8 pin back in while simultaneously holding these two buttons. The UAC should enter demo mode. Once in demo mode reattempt to plug the flash drive back in and perform the upgrade.
Old 2/20/12, 07:51 AM

Thanks for the help. Just tried that at it didn't work either. I stopped about half way though everytime counting up to 71 and then said failed.

Last time I tried it, it didn't even count but said done so I don't know if it took the update or not.

Guess I'm going to try and call Scosche today.
Old 2/20/12, 07:30 PM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe another reason I'm glad I went with the Metra. Haven't really had a chance to drive the car around since installing though.
Old 2/29/12, 11:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Boss 1409
Maybe another reason I'm glad I went with the Metra. Haven't really had a chance to drive the car around since installing though.
still don;t regret getting the scosche kit.

I FINALLY got my replacement unit from them on Monday and now I can drive the car again. Hope this firmware upgrade solves the battery discharge problem...
Old 2/29/12, 11:48 AM

I proformed the update as listed by Chip and it worked. Since the update I have not had any battery drain issues.
Old 3/18/12, 02:46 PM
Bullitt Member

I received my dash kit today, tomorrow I will place my order for my Kenwood 9980 and I will post pics of my setup afterwards. Stay tuned!
is it possible to install a single-din in the top slot?

I like those flip-out screen units, cos their screens are higher, but i wouldnt want to install it below the climate control and block the controls when the screen is out.
Old 3/20/12, 06:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

you can install a 1 din. it would be at the top half of the hole and then there would be a pocket underneath. however, you will most likely block the HVAC controls when it's open, and it may not clear the shifter when it is trying to open.
Old 3/31/12, 11:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

My information screen says "DVD" on it, and the temp. Anyone else have this?
Old 4/1/12, 01:02 AM

Yep thats all mine says also since the install. But it dosent bother me since my time and everything shows up on my head unit now.
Old 4/2/12, 06:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just have DVD and the temp, which kind of makes the screen purposeless...

Quick Reply: 2010+ Scosche Dash Kit