The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   '10-14 Interior and Audio (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f803/)
-   -   '13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f803/13-14-cluster-into-10-12-car-trackapps-retrofit-514651/)

ajpturbo 2/28/14 08:03 PM

How are you looking at it?

ajpturbo 2/28/14 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Deerslayer (Post 6765440)
AJPTurbo, the Boss Cluster DOES have the halo. It IS programming. It is physically there. I am looking at it in my cluster. Zero......this is your mission should you choose to accept it........ :)

I didn't think you had it in your car yet?

I see the ring but I'm not sure if the the back lighting is there to light it up.

When the gauge cluster is illuminated the numbers are lit the blue color but not the ring..I'm wondering if it's just an outline

Deerslayer 2/28/14 08:44 PM

I unscrewed the housing. It is a clear ring that has two LED lights at each end where it attaches into the cluster. There are two LEDs on each gauge that are for the halo. The car will be back here week after next. (Spring Break)

ajpturbo 2/28/14 08:50 PM

Well WTF....I want my halo and mycolor back so I can match my other gauges lol

Deerslayer 3/1/14 01:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the Halo.......Attachment 194549

Here is the LED diode that lights the Halo
Attachment 194550

Now....to figure out how to make it an option

ajpturbo 3/1/14 02:31 PM

Nice find...Gotta love the guy who takes apart a new cluster lol.....

How about this....I noticed that when I open my door after the car sits I see all kind of pretty colors flicker real fast just like when I had my GT cluster in...So There are plenty of colors in that boss cluster so we need the menu to come up.

What's up with that Ford? You put the colors in there with no menu option?...Somebody make my day please and figure this out...I don't know if any as built stuff can do this...I already have all my GT as built in there

ajpturbo 3/1/14 02:35 PM

There is a guy at a place in California called Prospeedo. He's done work for me before. He can burn eeprom chips that are in clusters...I wonder if copying the eeprom in the GT cluster and burning that data to the eeprom in the Boss cluster would give the same menu options or if it's firmware or software that needs to be loaded or updated to the boss cluster?

dmhines 3/1/14 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by 323window (Post 6755015)
Hello everyone, sorry to interrupt the thread but I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I am having with my gauge panel. I took my car to my local Ford dealership to have pats reset. I also gave them a vin # of a 2013 car with the correct options for as built data, but when I pick up my car the extra gauges had disappeared and the my color option also was gone. I asked what had happened and they said they could not load the 2013 as built data. My question is how should I ask the dealership to load as built data. Can they just load the vin from a car with the correct options are do they have to load the option codes manually?

You ever get MYCOLOR turned back on?

323window 3/2/14 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by dmhines (Post 6765815)
You ever get MYCOLOR turned back on?

No sorry I have not had time to take the car back to the dealership yet.

Scott

ajpturbo 3/2/14 09:04 AM

323window you just put a GT cluster in a 12'?

dmhines 3/2/14 10:08 AM

ajp - you sure you are doing the as-built properly?

I just converted my GT cluster to a BOSS cluster (Ice blue lights and no MYCOLOR in menu) and then back to a GT cluster with MYCOLOR just by changing the AS-BUILT.

ajpturbo 3/2/14 10:15 AM

I think so...Seems pretty straight forward....

I go to as built parameters. Then is asks me about the vin. I confirm. I did the automatic programming and also tried manually entering the 2 codes...720-01 and the 720-02 or whatever they were.

These were the codes for my vin and as built data from that link where you get the as builts from

ajpturbo 3/2/14 10:17 AM

I was going to to leave the boss cluster in and do a new PMI and when it ask if I have the original say no and enter the codes manually.

When I did the initial swap I had the GT cluster in then when prompted I did the swap and it was all automatic. So I thought I would try the manual route instead.

dmhines 3/2/14 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by ajpturbo (Post 6766158)
I think so...Seems pretty straight forward....

I go to as built parameters. Then is asks me about the vin. I confirm. I did the automatic programming and also tried manually entering the 2 codes...720-01 and the 720-02 or whatever they were.

These were the codes for my vin and as built data from that link where you get the as builts from

And you did a PMI with YOUR VIN first? If you got a minute give me a call with your IDS setup and lets walk through it starting fresh .

ajpturbo 3/2/14 10:26 AM

Yeah should've been my VIN first because I think I was just treating it like a stock cluster replacement, I never mentioned a boss vin. but it give me that message that all the data couldn't be transferred or some thing.

But I thought the as built programming would take care of that

dmhines 3/2/14 10:32 AM

Please try this and let me know what happens.

Start IDS
Turn key ON
When it says session/VIN found do you want to use - reply X
Start NEW session
When it finds engine type and asks if correct reply CHECK
When it verify VIN = overtype the VIN with this 1ZVBP8JZ5D5273747
Go to Module Programming PMI.
Go to IPC ... it will ask if VIN is correct .. reply NO
Enter this VIN again: 1ZVBP8JZ5D5273747
Let it finish the PMI programming. ON/OFF , etc ...
Next go to AS-BUILT - IPC
Use this:

720-01-01 F388 E861 ED
720-02-01 F803 0000 25

Let me know what happens.

Deerslayer 3/2/14 11:03 AM

Dan, question: If you entered the asbuilt for the Boss Cluster, could you test drive and see if the speedo is still correct. I ask because if we use the asbuilt from a GT premium and get the my color to work on a Boss Cluster, would the programming effect the scale used on the boss cluster vs a GT cluster? (180mph scale vs 160mph scale) The tachometer scale is also different, maybe you could notice if there is a difference of the idle rpms on the gauge between the two asbuilt entries.
your thoughts?

ajpturbo 3/2/14 02:56 PM

Deerslayer,

I am using as built for a premium, I have a 14' GT premium. That still won't give you mycolor on the boss cluster.

But I just thought of this, maybe if I try a 13' premium with mycolor as built maybe that will work better since the boss cluster I have is a 13'. Maybe there are communication differences.

Hines I did notice after I talked to you that on one of those as builts we tried I had trans temp on my "gauge detail". I've never had that. I'm thinking it was the GT500 data or vin.

So it clearly changing as built and PMI stuff is altering the display options on the cluster but still no freaking mycolor...There has to be some kind of data to enter to open up the options on the cluster.

jim010 3/2/14 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by ajpturbo (Post 6766254)
Deerslayer,
Hines I did notice after I talked to you that on one of those as builts we tried I had trans temp on my "gauge detail". I've never had that. I'm thinking it was the GT500 data or vin.

Not that it makes a difference towards getting Mycolour for you, but the tranny temp guage is for automatic equipped cars.

ajpturbo 3/2/14 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by jim010 (Post 6766259)
Not that it makes a difference towards getting Mycolour for you, but the tranny temp guage is for automatic equipped cars.

I thought it might've been but either way it looked like it was going to read. It would be interesting thing to see even if on a manual...I'm not positive what Hines was giving me....One was a GT500 not sure what the other one he gave me was.