Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

SilverHorse Racing flush-mount quarter window louvers

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/10, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright - it's done (until the next project). Here's some pics. Though the rear shot makes the rear louvers look huge - they're kinda big, but that's just a bad shot. Whadayathink?
Attached Thumbnails SilverHorse Racing flush-mount quarter window louvers-p5200123.jpg   SilverHorse Racing flush-mount quarter window louvers-p5200125.jpg  
Old 5/20/10, 09:02 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks beautiful, especially the first shot. Send us a copy if you don't mind, would love to post that one up in our new section we're working on for our site.
Old 5/20/10, 09:11 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by IMAFORDFAN
Alright - it's done (until the next project). Here's some pics. Though the rear shot makes the rear louvers look huge - they're kinda big, but that's just a bad shot. Whadayathink?
Well, the 1/4 window louvers do look fantastic.

Old 5/20/10, 09:15 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IMAFORDFAN
Looks good.

Suggestions for the next mod project would be a dual exhaust kit and some lowering springs.
Old 5/21/10, 01:06 PM

Angry

O.C.D. - I'm still on the fence as to whether I leave those rear louvers on. Depending upon the angle you look at the car, they either look BOSS-ish, or like the DeLorean out of Back To The Future. Was gonna paint them the color of the car, following the stripes, but I think that'll make them look even larger. Here's a pic that's a bit better.

The good part is it takes away from what I consider the hideous tail lights. That rear end, just plain, screams "passenger car". IMHO.

Marcello - I'll email you a couple of shots. Would like to see it on your website!
Attached Thumbnails SilverHorse Racing flush-mount quarter window louvers-p5200126.jpg  
Old 5/21/10, 01:12 PM
MOTM Committee Member

the rear louvers belong in the '70s IMO
Old 5/21/10, 01:16 PM

Ltngdrve - agreed an inch or two lower would look AWESOME, but I've already cracked my lower valance once on a parking horse. Add to that I have a small step in my garage, so another inch lower and it'll hit. And the Chicagoland roads absolutely SUCK! And unfortunately it'll see some snow driving, too. Tempting to put something in that's more adjustable, but that opens up a whole new set of problems. Guess I'm gonna live with it.

Dual Exhaust, CAI, Tune, LSD, low rear gear all next steps. Once warranty is over, time to break open the block and heads - or get me a crate engine. Teaching my 14 year old about auto mechanics....so don't mind him playing with a V6 first.
Old 5/21/10, 01:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
the rear louvers belong in the '70s IMO
Maybe so, but they look like they need something, if not just a cover like the new Shelby 350. IMO
Old 7/6/10, 02:28 PM
Cobra Member

My Mustang finally came in. I took delivery Friday afternoon and today I found a body shop to install the SHR louvers that I bought a couple of months ago. I went to four shops before one wanted to do them. I bought them pre-painted so they only have to install them. Anyway, July 13 is the day Wildfire goes under the knife. I'll post pictures after it's done.
Old 7/6/10, 06:49 PM
GTR Member

What are they charging you to install them Randy?
Old 7/8/10, 10:09 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
What are they charging you to install them Randy?
$307.08.
Old 7/8/10, 10:14 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow....Mine were $60 to install at a glass business.....
Old 7/8/10, 03:24 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RandyW
$307.08.
That must include paint?
Old 7/9/10, 09:49 AM
Cobra Member

No, I got them pre-painted from SHR. I first went to a body shop that has done work for me before. They said no, we don't do custom stuff like that, but you should go to X. Went to X and they said, No, we never do stuff like that, take it to Y (a glass shop) down the street. They said Boy, those are cool. But you need to go to a body shop. We can't do them. So I went to the Ford dealer's body shop. The guy there said that there's no way to remove the factory glass without scratching the fenders up, so he's not going to do it. I knew of someone who knew someone who has had it done before so I asked him who can do it. He gave me the name and address and they gave me a price, so I booked the job.

I suppose I could have gone to every body and glass shop in Fargo-Moorhead looking for a cheaper price but I just didn't want to spend an entire day at it. At least this place has done them before.
Old 7/9/10, 12:11 PM
V6 Member

No, I got them pre-painted from SHR. I first went to a body shop that has done work for me before. They said no, we don't do custom stuff like that, but you should go to X. Went to X and they said, No, we never do stuff like that, take it to Y (a glass shop) down the street. They said Boy, those are cool. But you need to go to a body shop. We can't do them. So I went to the Ford dealer's body shop. The guy there said that there's no way to remove the factory glass without scratching the fenders up, so he's not going to do it. I knew of someone who knew someone who has had it done before so I asked him who can do it. He gave me the name and address and they gave me a price, so I booked the job.

I suppose I could have gone to every body and glass shop in Fargo-Moorhead looking for a cheaper price but I just didn't want to spend an entire day at it. At least this place has done them before.
Ouch, pricey... I've never replaced glass on a car before, but I'm going to install mine myself. Also, I don't want to take my car to an Italian body shop...
Old 7/10/10, 06:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

I plan to bring my car to SHR and have them do it. I'll know it is done right and I might pick up the rear louvers as well.
Old 7/22/10, 04:09 PM
Cobra Member

I've had my SHR louvers in for a week now but the weather has been lousy so I still don't have any pictures. If we can get a day or two when it will be sunny, I'll wash the car, find someplace without mud puddles, and take some snapshots. You'll just have to take my word for it for now, the louvers are beautiful. If you can only afford one body modification, this should be it.
Old 7/22/10, 09:38 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Thank you very much. Mind if we quote you on that Randy?
Old 7/22/10, 09:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Who's the chick in your avatar?
Old 7/23/10, 08:57 AM
Cobra Member

I've had my SHR louvers in for a week now but the weather has been lousy so I still don't have any pictures. If we can get a day or two when it will be sunny, I'll wash the car, find someplace without mud puddles, and take some snapshots. You'll just have to take my word for it for now, the louvers are beautiful. If you can only afford one body modification, this should be it.
Couldn't agree more!

Quick Reply: SilverHorse Racing flush-mount quarter window louvers