Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

SHR Flush mount louvers

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/20, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SHR Flush mount louvers

Good morning folks - I'm the original owner of a 2013 GT Premium Race Red.
After years of using the 'stick on' louvers I decided to make the investment and order the SHR Flush mount louvers.
I had them shipped to me in July and just yesterday got around to taking them to a glass shop for installation.

I take full responsibility for not reading the instructions prior to ordering them, otherwise I would have NEVER bought them if I was aware that shaving roughly 1/2 inch from the interior trim was necessary for proper fitment.
So, they're now sitting in my backseat with no idea what to do next.

Has anyone on here tackled this yourself or have advice on the ease of doing this?
Better yet - anyone in the Central Ohio area on here that could make a recommendation?
To me it sounds extremely risky and I fear the interior could end up looking like a hack job.

I have considered trying to sell them and forget it but not sure of the odds of finding someone that needs Race Red.

Old 9/24/20, 10:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Panels are cheap. If you do end up wrecking a panel, I would just go on ebay and get another. Its not hard to make the cuts look tidy, and there are ways of hiding it too.

I say take the plunge and put them in.
Old 9/24/20, 04:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
These louvers are the only ones to have. They look super compaired to the add on ones. I remember there are some detail installation instuctions on the web. It looks more completed than it is. Just take your time. You will be happy with the end result. If you screw up a panel like previous post said they are not that expensive.