Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Sequential rear light mod

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/14, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shaneyusa
http://store.monzterauto.com/product...ight-sequencer

There is an install and demo video on their site that answers your questions. Link above.

That's perfect, thanks. Sorry if that was posted earlier and I missed it.
Old 7/8/14, 03:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I installed these on my 2013 V6.. Breeze to install and work perfect..
Old 7/9/14, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone that bought this actually look into the wiring to see what was done? I would be interested in creating a DIY kit for this. Seems like it is very simple for $107. I will dive into some wiring diagrams this week and see what I can dig up.
Old 7/11/14, 07:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I just received mine. The parts are very professionally assembled and other than the "Monzter" label look completely factory.

The term microprocessor is an overstatement but there is a small circuit board with some sort of logic chip under the tape (no, I did not remove the tape to investigate).

Looking at the Ford wiring schematic, I can figure what the chip is doing. It is installed in the harness just before the rear lamp assemblies so it has input from the BCM (Body Control Module) for each of the three individual bulbs on each side. The simple logic involved is that if it sees power applied to the inboard bulb but not the other two then a turn signal sequence is starting and the power is just passed through to the lamps. However, if it sees power applied to all three bulbs at the same time then the brakes, the hazard flashers or the remote unlock are the source so it sequences the output to the three bulbs exactly once. For the hazard flashers, each time the power is removed and then reapplied, the adapter will sequence once so it makes them look like continuous sequencing without needing additional control logic.

Pretty simple but pretty ingenious as well. I suppose one could build them rather than buy them but sourcing the factory connectors and getting and configuring the right logic chip is more than $107 worth of hassle in my opinion.