Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

rtr decklid panel

Search this Thread

Old 12/11/13, 09:39 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ORDERED!

Just ordered one and found it on Amazon from CDC. Will post pics after install.
Old 12/11/13, 09:41 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Gabe
I really want one of these.

PlastiDip on it, a black pony emblem or decal in the middle, a "supercharged" sticker bottom-right with a "5.0" sticker on bottom-left ... That sounds good
Please don't plastidip this…….
Old 12/11/13, 10:15 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by CVH
Just ordered one and found it on Amazon from CDC. Will post pics after install.
Woot! I'm thinking about coming up with one for my 06
Old 12/11/13, 02:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by CVH
Please don't plastidip this…….
lol ... have you seen some of my PlastiDip work?

https://themustangsource.com/f802/my...ojects-521180/
Old 12/11/13, 03:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I just ordered the RTR panel.

Ordered it from Stage 3 Motorsports, used coupon code S3M005 that I found using Google, ended up getting it for $194.74 with free shipping
Old 12/11/13, 04:03 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
I just ordered the RTR panel.
Ordered it from Stage 3 Motorsports, used coupon code S3M005 that I found using Google, ended up getting it for $194.74 with free shipping
Awesome.
More goodies.
Old 12/11/13, 04:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Awesome.
More goodies.
lol yup.

I wonder if Ansel has a 5" hole saw. Something tells me he does.
Old 12/11/13, 05:55 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

lol yup.
HA HA!!
I am sure he does.
Old 12/12/13, 02:17 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

lol yup.

Man.....CDC is giving me the run around. I ordered this last week and still awaiting shipment. They told me Stage 3 is on backorder x10. Must be popular. Since CDC is the maker of the product, I guess I have no choice but to wait.
I'm very impatient when it comes installing new parts for my cars.

Last edited by CVH; 12/12/13 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12/16/13, 12:29 PM
pcb

Originally Posted by CVH
Man.....CDC is giving me the run around. I ordered this last week and still awaiting shipment. They told me Stage 3 is on backorder x10. Must be popular. Since CDC is the maker of the product, I guess I have no choice but to wait.
I'm very impatient when it comes installing new parts for my cars.
If that is the seller on Amazon, good luck. I actually bought one from them after I tried with 2 other vendors before. They said they had 2 on hand. I paid them, then emailed and asked if he had physical inventory. He replied that I bought the last one, but it was orange peeled and wouldn't send it.

I told him that I am a painter by trade, cut me a small discount and send me a picture of it anyways and maybe we can work a deal. Didn't hear back for a few hours, then I sent him another email and told him if he wasn't comforable sending me a picture to issue a refund. 5 minutes later refund was processed.

Cliffs: He claimed he had one left but wouldn't ship because it was defective, I called his bluff he refunded my money.

FWIW: RTR themselves are on backorder and expecting a delivery this week however they have not said if that is to fullfill the backorders and then some or just backorders.

Good Luck.
Old 12/17/13, 04:39 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by pcb

If that is the seller on Amazon, good luck. I actually bought one from them after I tried with 2 other vendors before. They said they had 2 on hand. I paid them, then emailed and asked if he had physical inventory. He replied that I bought the last one, but it was orange peeled and wouldn't send it.

I told him that I am a painter by trade, cut me a small discount and send me a picture of it anyways and maybe we can work a deal. Didn't hear back for a few hours, then I sent him another email and told him if he wasn't comforable sending me a picture to issue a refund. 5 minutes later refund was processed.

Cliffs: He claimed he had one left but wouldn't ship because it was defective, I called his bluff he refunded my money.

FWIW: RTR themselves are on backorder and expecting a delivery this week however they have not said if that is to fullfill the backorders and then some or just backorders.

Good Luck.
CDC is the seller I bought this from on Amazon. They were suppose to ship last Monday. Told me not till Friday then told me again that it would ship yesterday. Well it didn't ship yet.
They told me they are the maker of the product.
Correct me if im wrong but I think RTR purchases this part from CDC.

Last edited by CVH; 12/17/13 at 04:40 AM.
Old 12/17/13, 10:28 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

CDC just called me. This is a hott! item. They are in demand and are on backorder because they are making sure the quality is in great standards. Shipped!
Old 12/20/13, 02:13 PM

My question is why do you have to cut a 5in. hole in the car for
Old 12/20/13, 02:20 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ there is a bump under the panel that needs to be cut in order of the decklid panel to fit correctly
Old 12/20/13, 07:29 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dwlow09
My question is why do you have to cut a 5in. hole in the car for
I used a 5.5" hole saw today. It was the perfect size. 5" is a little too small. This is the bump that needs to be removed.
A huge improvement in look of the rear end.
Attached Thumbnails rtr decklid panel-image-4055843382.jpg  
Old 12/21/13, 07:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Got my RTR panel yesterday, opened it today to be shocked that it's only gonna be held in place with double-sided tape.
oh, well, I guess there's no air force pulling it away from the body at speed like a spoiler would be, so it should be fine.

I need to get going on my project, need to paint it before I install it ...
Old 12/21/13, 08:13 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Got my RTR panel yesterday, opened it today to be shocked that it's only gonna be held in place with double-sided tape.
oh, well, I guess there's no air force pulling it away from the body at speed like a spoiler would be, so it should be fine.

I need to get going on my project, need to paint it before I install it ...
Just installed my deckled too. The tape holds, you will see. Clean/Prep with alcohol. Once you stick it, thats it! It won't move……ever, lol. I started to line it from the bottom up. It fits perfect. I suggest a couple towels or sheet over the bumper while cutting. The rear end material was easier to cut than I thought.
Does yours have the RTR sticker? I may remove it, Im not a fan of the stickers and badges on my car. I like it clean.
Difference in appearance in the rear. Looks killer. It is a high quality product. Here are some shots.
"We don't need no stinking badges!"
Attached Thumbnails rtr decklid panel-img_1324.jpg   rtr decklid panel-img_1332.jpg  

Last edited by CVH; 12/21/13 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12/21/13, 10:14 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by CVH
Just installed my deckled too. The tape holds, you will see. Clean/Prep with alcohol. Once you stick it, thats it! It won't move……ever, lol. I started to line it from the bottom up. It fits perfect.
That looks really good. Nice job!
Old 12/21/13, 01:48 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
That looks really good. Nice job!
Thanks, the job took a total with clean time of 30 minutes. It was a very straight forward and precise install. The 5.5" bi metal hole-saw was a godsend for this installation, but not necessary. I just like my circles round and clean which cost me $40 for the bit and adapter(Morse Cobalt). I have the touchup pen for my SGM and sealed the deal with it to prevent rust.

How's it going Gabe? I curious to see what this beautiful glossy decklid looks like all primed up.

I am contemplating on putting the horse emblem on.

Any suggestions for an emblem for the back?
This is on my '13 Cyclone

Last edited by CVH; 12/21/13 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12/21/13, 03:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CVH
Just installed my deckled too. The tape holds, you will see. Clean/Prep with alcohol. Once you stick it, thats it! It won't move……ever, lol. I started to line it from the bottom up. It fits perfect. I suggest a couple towels or sheet over the bumper while cutting. The rear end material was easier to cut than I thought. Does yours have the RTR sticker? I may remove it, Im not a fan of the stickers and badges on my car. I like it clean. Difference in appearance in the rear. Looks killer. It is a high quality product. Here are some shots. "We don't need no stinking badges!"
So cooooool.

Quick Reply: rtr decklid panel