Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Rear Bumper/Valance Help

Search this Thread

Old 12/27/14, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Bumper/Valance Help

I love almost everything abiut my 2014 v6, but there's just something about that rear valance of the bumper that just bothers me. I jus can' t get over it. I have looked all over the web for a good 13-14 rear bumper or valance but the only ones i can find are the boss 302 OEM valance and the stalker rear bumper. If anyone knows of anything else out there i would really apreciate the knowledge.
Old 12/28/14, 09:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Roush makes a rear valance, and the GT500 one is also an option, though it's cut to fit dual-tip mufflers.

One thing that's a little less invasive you could consider is the RTR rear splitter kit, though you'd probably want to get some Roush side splitters to balance out the look: http://www.americanmuscle.com/rtr-re...tter-2013.html

I agree with you that something's not quite right there. I personally like the Boss one and it's on my "someday" list. At least with a white car you've got the black decklid insert breaking up the rear. My black car just looked like a wall of shiny black, so I popped on the MMD decklid panel to break it up a bit and love the look. Still want to do something with the valance eventually though.
Old 12/28/14, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by lakeguy77
Roush makes a rear valance, and the GT500 one is also an option, though it's cut to fit dual-tip mufflers.

One thing that's a little less invasive you could consider is the RTR rear splitter kit, though you'd probably want to get some Roush side splitters to balance out the look: http://www.americanmuscle.com/rtr-re...tter-2013.html

I agree with you that something's not quite right there. I personally like the Boss one and it's on my "someday" list. At least with a white car you've got the black decklid insert breaking up the rear. My black car just looked like a wall of shiny black, so I popped on the MMD decklid panel to break it up a bit and love the look. Still want to do something with the valance eventually though.
Thanks i had not given the RTR valance much thought, but I do like it now seeing some customer photos. The mod thats wining for me is also the boss 302 bumper, amd since im getting the atak axle backs the gt500 and roush options are out of the question. Thanks again for the ideas, i might just get a custom job done from scratch if i don't find a kit of some sort. Oh definately post pics of when you get the boss 302 bumper!
Old 12/28/14, 10:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by El Potro
Thanks i had not given the RTR valance much thought, but I do like it now seeing some customer photos. The mod thats wining for me is also the boss 302 bumper, amd since im getting the atak axle backs the gt500 and roush options are out of the question. Thanks again for the ideas, i might just get a custom job done from scratch if i don't find a kit of some sort. Oh definately post pics of when you get the boss 302 bumper!
Glad I could help. My boss valance is still a little ways out. My 2015 project is to finish assembling my suspension, get it on the car. Any further appearance mods will be done if there's any budget leftover.