Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Question for RTR owners about center cap install

Search this Thread

Old 7/9/11, 07:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for RTR owners about center cap install

Wheels delivered without the center caps inserted. Lets just say that the caps are on the cheap side. Simple plastic, with clips that hold it in the cavity. Anyway, when I tried to push the cap in, the cap cracked when applying pressure. It snapped in, but there is a crack at the very edge of the cap. This is frustrating to say the least. Anyone have any tips for inserting these without cracking them? Thanks
Old 7/9/11, 08:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by crescent_wrench
Wheels delivered without the center caps inserted. Lets just say that the caps are on the cheap side. Simple plastic, with clips that hold it in the cavity. Anyway, when I tried to push the cap in, the cap cracked when applying pressure. It snapped in, but there is a crack at the very edge of the cap. This is frustrating to say the least. Anyone have any tips for inserting these without cracking them? Thanks
That sucks mine came with the caps already installed.
Old 7/12/11, 12:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I held them in place with a towel over them and lightly hit them in place with my palm. If you can't tell...I've broken some center caps in the past.

On a side note....I ordered the silver wheels from cjponyparts.com. In the pics and other companies the center caps are silver. I recieved black with my set. I called cj and they said they'd call rtr and see why because they only had black. I wasn't about to wait and find out. I put them on anyways. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 7/21/11, 05:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

LMR was awesome to send me some new center caps. Thanks!!!!!!!!!