Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Llumar Window Tint 2013 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 9/13/13, 11:20 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by lakersfreak
also i still see some bubbles, very small (ill take pics later). Will that all go away eventually? It's day 4.
I had some...it went out after a week.
Old 9/16/13, 09:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I've noticed really bad light glare at nights ever since installing the tint. I'm wondering if its from the tint or if its just "dirty" and needs to be cleaned. I haven't washed my car yet since the tinting cause I'm scared lol, but I think I'm take it for a wash this week.
Old 9/16/13, 10:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

So I've noticed really bad light glare at nights ever since installing the tint. I'm wondering if its from the tint or if its just "dirty" and needs to be cleaned. I haven't washed my car yet since the tinting cause I'm scared lol, but I think I'm take it for a wash this week.

dang dude, had I seen this thread earlier i'd of told you where I got my windows tinted. I also got my car at galpin, but G.A.S. is very very expensive.. I got my windows tinted at Sunshield Glass tinting in Sherman oaks. my bro has gotten 2 cars tinted there, and ive also gotten 2 cars tinted there(including the stang), and they do a great job. the owner is really cool too, honest guy. they did my windows for $125, and that's all 5 windows(two front, 3 rear). i think the tint they use is called 3M color stable. they will tint the two front any tint % you want, but they do warn you about inviting trouble with cops since its illegal. I guess its too late now since you already got it done, but in the future feel free to pm me any questions regarding stuff on your car/for your car. im no pro but IF I can help, ill try

Last edited by roadrunner; 9/16/13 at 10:35 AM.
Old 9/16/13, 01:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by roadrunner
dang dude, had I seen this thread earlier i'd of told you where I got my windows tinted. I also got my car at galpin, but G.A.S. is very very expensive.. I got my windows tinted at Sunshield Glass tinting in Sherman oaks. my bro has gotten 2 cars tinted there, and ive also gotten 2 cars tinted there(including the stang), and they do a great job. the owner is really cool too, honest guy. they did my windows for $125, and that's all 5 windows(two front, 3 rear). i think the tint they use is called 3M color stable. they will tint the two front any tint % you want, but they do warn you about inviting trouble with cops since its illegal. I guess its too late now since you already got it done, but in the future feel free to pm me any questions regarding stuff on your car/for your car. im no pro but IF I can help, ill try
Thanks Jonathan but its ok. Galpin sent me a gift card thats the only reason I went to GAS

I do need to find a reliable shop where I can do some minor mods. I want to paint black the air vents and the 5.0 sign on the sides. Do you know a good shop in our area?
Old 9/16/13, 03:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Jonathan but its ok. Galpin sent me a gift card thats the only reason I went to GAS

I do need to find a reliable shop where I can do some minor mods. I want to paint black the air vents and the 5.0 sign on the sides. Do you know a good shop in our area?
they gave me one too, I think they give one to everybody who buys a car from them, like a month after you buy it. I plan to use mine to help pay towards the installation cost of some new suspension

and unfortunately no, I don't know of any other shop. all I've done is research different dealerships, but ultimately end up back at GAS since its where I bought the car, and I kinda want to build a good relationship with the guys for future mods. but I am interested in other shops for smaller installs, so if you happen to find one let me know too
Old 9/23/13, 08:35 AM
Bullitt Member

So its been two weeks, I washed the window, and I still have a glare at night when light shines behind me. I don't know if its the defrost lines or what, but I do know that it's not normal and really disturbing to drive with. Is there such a thing as anti-glare coating perhaps they forgot to put on?????
Old 9/24/13, 02:10 PM
Bullitt Member

no help anyone?????????
Old 9/25/13, 03:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

So its been two weeks, I washed the window, and I still have a glare at night when light shines behind me. I don't know if its the defrost lines or what, but I do know that it's not normal and really disturbing to drive with. Is there such a thing as anti-glare coating perhaps they forgot to put on?????

Only thing I can suggest is take it back to GAS and tell them about it.
Old 9/28/13, 09:53 AM
Bullitt Member

so I took it to GAS and they said it completely normal!

Is this true?????? Does anyone else that has 20% tint have the same issue?

See image below. It's not my car but it's exactly what I'm experiencing.
Attached Images  
Old 9/28/13, 01:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

So when you say glare your referring to the glare from the defrost lines across the window?
Old 9/28/13, 05:05 PM
Bullitt Member

So when you say glare your referring to the glare from the defrost lines across the window?
yes. I cant stand it!!!!!!!!!
Old 9/28/13, 05:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

someone correct me if im wrong, but i dont think those lines have anything to do with the tint. did you only notice this after they tinted the windows? or maybe it was only brought to your attention afterwards cause you were paying more attention to the windows?

ill check mine tonight after dark. we dont live to far so if you want to compare we can meet up too, but as far as i can remember i dont have any problems with glare
Old 9/29/13, 10:12 AM
Bullitt Member

someone correct me if im wrong, but i dont think those lines have anything to do with the tint. did you only notice this after they tinted the windows? or maybe it was only brought to your attention afterwards cause you were paying more attention to the windows?

ill check mine tonight after dark. we dont live to far so if you want to compare we can meet up too, but as far as i can remember i dont have any problems with glare
You could be right.... I didn't notice anything before tinting however.
Old 9/29/13, 02:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

I checked last night, i also have a slight glare coming from the little lines. But i never noticed it before, so im guessing you only starting noticing it cause you were making sure your windows were tinted correctly. Anyway i wouldnt worry about it, you should be good
Old 10/2/13, 09:15 AM
Bullitt Member

I checked last night, i also have a slight glare coming from the little lines. But i never noticed it before, so im guessing you only starting noticing it cause you were making sure your windows were tinted correctly. Anyway i wouldnt worry about it, you should be good
I wish it was a slight glare. It's really bad. I will take a picture of mine tonight and post it. I know what you're talking about when you're saying little glare. This is not normal.

Looks like when they installed the tint they didn't do it correctly. I have air on both sides of the defrost lines on every defrost line (approximately ½ mm on each side).
Old 10/3/13, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Here's what my tint install looks like.
Attached Thumbnails Llumar Window Tint 2013 Mustang GT-img_6047.jpg  
Old 10/3/13, 09:39 AM
Bullitt Member

The white is just dust, but look at the air above and below the defrost lines.
Old 10/3/13, 09:58 AM
GT Member

Looks about normal. The Mustang must have some really thick defrost lines and thats whats causing that look.
Old 10/3/13, 10:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
so I took it to GAS and they said it completely normal!

Is this true?????? Does anyone else that has 20% tint have the same issue?

See image below. It's not my car but it's exactly what I'm experiencing.
Ya my back window looks like that also. Hmmm
Old 10/3/13, 12:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GrnT
Ya my back window looks like that also. Hmmm
So every Mustang with back window tinted is experiencing this??????????? That means its normal. I hate it and am highly considering removing it even though I love the way the tint looks.

Quick Reply: Llumar Window Tint 2013 Mustang GT